The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

Just now, transam said:

I know of a Thai bird in the UK that whacked her b/f over the head with a meat cleaver...He was hospitalised but lucky, she got a suspended prison sentence.....:sad:............Not deported because she has a UK passport via her now divorced husband...

Flocking maniacs mate.

i am reluctant to go downstairs to get something to eat ( two days now) because of "the crazy".

i will not belt her, though perhaps I should, as I am much bigger than her but , and this is really strange, when she gets me so fired up I advance on her she seems to want to be belted.

i repeat I have and never will lay a hand on her as I do not believe in it but damn man... 

• Like 2

On 7/4/2017 at 2:15 PM, sanemax said:

Literally : My GF was always trying to pick a fight, to cause an argument , I did try to refrain from getting into an argument , the more I avoided an argument, the harder she would try to start one .

I noticed the sheer joy on her face, when I finally snapped and began shouting too

On a quiet  moment , I asked her why she tries to pick a fight , she thought about it and replied "I'm just like a movie star , its like Im in the movies"

Oh man that is just an utter mind<deleted>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dark Lord said:

Flocking maniacs mate.

i am reluctant to go downstairs to get something to eat ( two days now) because of "the crazy".

i will not belt her, though perhaps I should, as I am much bigger than her but , and this is really strange, when she gets me so fired up I advance on her she seems to want to be belted.

i repeat I have and never will lay a hand on her as I do not believe in it but damn man... 

You just stay calm, just revolve in your own bubble and ignore everything else, don't smile. don't give angry looks, just crack on as if nothing is bothering you.....Keep that up and see what happens....:smile: 

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

This thread has moved in a strange direction. Let me explain.

So many posters on TvisaF are quick to say they have learnt the 'Thai' way. One particular, regular poster (she will remain nameless) almost makes one feel guilty if you haven't learn fluent Thai in a couple of years of being here. If you want to truly understand 'Thainess' you must give yourself 100% etc.

Well I think much of 'Thainess' leaves a lot to be desired.  AND I reckon it's a good thing that some of us are holding onto our values. I am as honest and truthful in Thailand as I would be in the UK (all things being equal; but obviously some things can't be spoken about here). And that truthfulness doesn't always go down well and that alone get's up my wife's nose.

A balance is what is required; respect for the country, people and customs but upholding personal values. Difficult to do!

On the jealously theme; sometimes I think that the jealously we encounter is really jealously of us. BUT being Thai 'that' cannot be said. So we get attacked for irrelevances and seemingly trivial things; "I saw you looking at her" or "you have butterfly mind" etc.

Many Isaan girls, in my experience, have a complex, insecure mind. They themselves seem mixed up with their incoming signals.

It makes for a difficult relationship (Thai/farang) at times. Jeez it's hard work but we love it!!!!???? Don't we?!

Dark Lord do keep up your morale. You are not alone out there (who said that?).

• Like 2

Sh

10 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Dear Trans and Wise Owl, you were doing so well  until you posted MJ!

i am a virtual prisoner here right now waiting for the UK and Kasikorn ( or as one poster said on a different thread thai farmers bank) to get their collective thumbs out of their proverbial anii ( Latin plural of anus ?) to make the ££ transfer so I can order a car and bugger off.

your, and others, support is monster! Thankx

just waiting for the sad songs to be played on the stereo downstairs at an obscene level to start now... 

She should listen to this.....

Edited by transam

2 hours ago, The Dark Lord said:

Shhhhh don't announce my plans lannadude old chum, that increases the chance of a sharp or heavy object coming my way...........

BTW, not a man to shy from my beliefs, just about finished packing up my stuff ( except that which continues to lay outside on the floor) just waiting for the transfer (££££) to come through and I am history ( well until it comes time to renew my retirement thingy) 

you are absolutely coreect though, life is too short ( so is money) to put up with that nonsense. She has no income and no parents. Son stole the car and took out a loan on it, (the other one is getting a new head gasket fitted) daughter married a waster froggie chap who has nothing but expects us (me) to support his family.

nah best out I think let her cool down, come to her senses ( about the time the bills are due) and try to contact me. See how I am feeling then as to future.......

My very VERY best advice is like the London Fire Brigade :

"get out and STAY out""

It may change, temporarily, but will go back to this again eventually. It might not be easy but cut and run old boy.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A couple of years ago I was accused of shag---g a girl (40+) from the village.

"You were seen taking her into the sugar field." 

I protested my innocence but no good; "You did it". The wife was convinced of my guilt. And kept telling me. I was almost convinced myself!! Nice bit of stuff she was too but I couldn't think of anything more uncomfortable than 'love in that sugar field'.

One day the old guy, who saw us shag--g in the sugar field, had cross words with the wife's sister. The wife took the sister's side; "I knew he was lying about you and the lady! So why did you accuse me then dearest? To hurt you when we argue."

What could I say? Thainess!!

Dear Owl what happened to your 'Wiseness'?  you WANT to stay with a wife who does this?  really???  fly and do it soon

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

A couple of years ago I was accused of shag---g a girl (40+) from the village.

"You were seen taking her into the sugar field." 

I protested my innocence but no good; "You did it". The wife was convinced of my guilt. And kept telling me. I was almost convinced myself!! Nice bit of stuff she was too but I couldn't think of anything more uncomfortable than 'love in that sugar field'.

One day the old guy, who saw us shag--g in the sugar field, had cross words with the wife's sister. The wife took the sister's side; "I knew he was lying about you and the lady! So why did you accuse me then dearest? To hurt you when we argue."

What could I say? Thainess!!

My wife has just returned from a cross country run in Phao Yao, whilst away she had a dream that I had a gik. She asked me about this upon her return this morning. Honestly folks, what do you say in reply to this sort of nonsense. Apparently the extended family have been checking to ensure I was sleeping alone at my house, and not spending nights away. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Dear Owl what happened to your 'Wiseness'?  you WANT to stay with a wife who does this?  really???  fly and do it soon

My wiseness was somewhat tempered when M-----d came along. She is 7 now and and I'm immensely proud of her. The thought of leaving her here with 'the family' soon brings me down to earth. She has a Uk passport though. I have good life generally. Can't complain. Just make jokes really and laugh off the conflicts. I try to do things to help people (family and village).

I've also had probs' with the family not a million miles away from the OP.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, stereolab said:

My wife has just returned from a cross country run in Phao Yao,

Hi. Good to get the post. A bit off topic. Forgive me mods.

A couple of weeks ago I posted about the International Pattaya marathon getting postponed. Was the misses interested in that particular run? 

Edited by owl sees all

52 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

My wiseness was somewhat tempered when M-----d came along. She is 7 now and and I'm immensely proud of her. The thought of leaving her here with 'the family' soon brings me down to earth. She has a Uk passport though. I have good life generally. Can't complain. Just make jokes really and laugh off the conflicts. I try to do things to help people (family and village).

I've also had probs' with the family not a million miles away from the OP.

Understood and thanks for sticking with the little one and just bide your time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mikiea said:

they have succeeded in making you look foolish to others outside your family .....but it is all well and ok ... the boot cleaner on the porch of a Appalachia villa is "still" part of the whole house .  know your place and keep the wallet under the floorboards .

I wasn't aware you had met.

What are their names?

4 hours ago, transam said:

You just stay calm, just revolve in your own bubble and ignore everything else, don't smile. don't give angry looks, just crack on as if nothing is bothering you.....Keep that up and see what happens....:smile: 

I did and on hearing her leave this afternoon I snuck downstairs for some nosebag and water. 

Found most of it in the the rubbish bin. 

Man, the craziness has really got a hold this time but in all thainess there is no way she will lose face by backing down. 

As as my father used to say to me " you make your bed, you lie on it!"

Edited by The Dark Lord
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Vicomte Noir-I have some expensive medical procedures coming up and then (hopefully) proceed on to rehabilitation.

I am going to leave any thoughts about my long term future to a later date and in an environment more conducive to rational decision making-if you know what I mean.

Take care.

Dear Odysseus, wishing you full success in your medical treatment and a swift and full recovery. 

Might even see you on the plane!

thanks for the good wishes, it means a lot. 

Or or should I say merci beaucoup mon ami

took me a while to work out my title "En Francais!"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

My very VERY best advice is like the London Fire Brigade :

"get out and STAY out""

It may change, temporarily, but will go back to this again eventually. It might not be easy but cut and run old boy.

Spot on my friend lannadude, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stereolab said:

My wife has just returned from a cross country run in Phao Yao, whilst away she had a dream that I had a gik. She asked me about this upon her return this morning. Honestly folks, what do you say in reply to this sort of nonsense. Apparently the extended family have been checking to ensure I was sleeping alone at my house, and not spending nights away. 

It's just flocking insanity.. just insanity at its very best.

I always thought marriage was based predominantly on trust but if she doesn't trust me then what's left?

Love?

When you get lump hammers thrown at you, knives shoved at you, childlike screaming at you and your food thrown away? Is that how you make your "loved one" stay? 

Just had a mate (uk based) drop me a mail telling me about this corker he was chatting to on line from udon Thani. and how he was coming out to see her, love etc etc

What could i say? 

I told him to log on to TVF and read what the guys like us have to put up with

Should wise him up a bit. 

• Like 1

My BiL is a lovely guy, a doting uncle and a softy natured Gent...  but the Op didn't want to hear good stories... so here is another side... Gosh he can be a complete and total numpty.... 

He's been caught with (licensed) Gun's in his car, outside of the area he is licensed to have them - FIL got him off that one. 

He's been caught DUI, twice !... He didn't learn his lesson first time (after he got off extremely lightly), the second time he tried to drive off and avoid the BiB who gave chase but not after one of the BiB fell off his bike (still bikes in BKK are faster than Car's and they still caught him) - He got off extremely lightly again. 

So, I'm not sure he's learnt is lesson yet - the next year or so will tell.

He is 35 yrs old. He has a Masters from Ramkamhaneng Uni - but has done nothing with it. 

He trains for and runs Marathons and competes in Triathlons. I've no idea where he gets his money or his time from... or where he did. 

He's partnered in nightclubs on Thonglor which have ultimately failed.

A few months ago along with a couple of friends he's started a noodle shop which almost instantly became popular, its been on TV numerous times and sells out daily, he has no plans to invest the money or grow the business which is very ripe for franchising out... he got very lucky and they (3 of them) are just too lazy to take this huge potential seriously... 

I do care a lot for my Brother in Law, ultimately he does a lot more good than the silliness shows, but sometimes I want to give him a good kick up the backside.... 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

A few months ago along with a couple of friends he's started a noodle shop which almost instantly became popular, its been on TV numerous times and sells out daily, he has no plans to invest the money or grow the business which is very ripe for franchising out... he got very lucky and they (3 of them) are just too lazy to take this huge potential seriously... 

I do care a lot for my Brother in Law, ultimately he does a lot more good than the silliness shows, but sometimes I want to give him a good kick up the backside.... 

Sounds like he needs someone to hand hold him a bit to the point. I'm sure if the business became successful and he saw £££ rolling in then that would be incentive enough to grow it.

"Vicomte Noir" 555 - I am now kicking myself over and over again.

I really couldn't figure that one out before.

After 6 years of 5 hours a week of French lessons at school...

French used to be my second language.

Putain! Quel imbecil je suis.

But as long as we can laugh at ourselves, we will survive.

• Like 2