The poisonous Brother in Law

Rc2702

12 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I know your apologist humourless drivel from many other threads, so your reaction does not come as a surprise.

Perhaps you should follow your own often repeated advise: If you don't like it, why stay?

Oh hello troll how are you. See you still use the same old same old then. Ps ive never said what you quoted old age is racking your one cell.

Edited by jeab1980

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I can't believe you did either. If you had, you would realise what a great topic this has been for so many people here. It has certainly helped me with my prob's.

Great topic my backside thigh slapping more like

4 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Pay no attention to this guy. I doubt he can actually read 3 pages of anything let alone understand some of the real life experiences. I have read his drivel too. He called a teacher a loser for simply being honest, he condemns whole countries as unsafe should he have an infraction in them and seriously if he had read the whole 66 pages of different perspectives and all he can muster is those few words I'd be placing him next to the word troll in a dictionary. 

Before or after yours ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/08/2017 at 10:19 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Gordon Brown threw 6 billion quid into it, and it made no difference. The management, IMO, are the problem, as in my experience they never ventured into the workplace, had no idea of the reality, and probably didn't care as long as they were all right, Jack. Certainly, the manager of the hospital I worked at for 10 years was invisible and incompetent.

The politicians would rightly be too scared to make the requisite changes, so IMO it is going to be unsustainable and will collapse for financial reasons.

The hospital I worked at was blatantly angling to become more private than public, and the management would no doubt in my mind want to go fully private, so they could become very rich. The consultants already are, as they have their private patients.

Absolutely right! :thumbsup:

But what can be done to save it?

I think it will be about as easy as eradicating corruption in Thailand (which sort of puts us back topic).

In 1942 the Beveridge Report was published (under Churchill's coalition), but I have not studied it enough to know what funding was proposed.

In 1948 I don't think the future funding was considered seriously either, with National Insurance contributions supposed to cover it as far as I have read. Please let me know better details if you have them.

Most Labour Governments since, including the current opposition, just want to throw more money at it because it gets the votes. If the left were actually interested in anything other than getting into power they would come up with a sensible solution, but the last lot, Bliar and B&B Gordan, just sold the buildings off, the same as they did with the UK gold reserves, at rock bottom price. The NHS is now saddled with paying the landlords and their maintenance crews huge sums. As you say gross mismanagement, but not just by the NHS.

Any Ideas?

We have seen the introduction of a compulsory Pension Plan introduced recently, and I think something like that could be a way forward. What do you think?

Anyway, thanks for an interesting discussion.

Cheers, G

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wish you hadn't mentioned sausage rolls- can't find them here, along with tomato relish, powdered tomato soup or tinned spaghetti, all things I miss. Seems strange though, as they sell powdered mushroom soup and baked beans in tins in Big C.

Anyway, good to know that things are getting better, if slowly. Appreciate the NHS while it's still there, and don't forget to say thank you to any staff that help you. It's much appreciated by them.

Aussie NHS I guess, TDL has to deal with the UK NHS, but so far seems be to going well.

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 26/08/2017 at 10:23 PM, sandrabbit said:

I just remembered something I meant to mention to you from a long way back on this thread, you said you were a Hawkwind fan, my location is

If I previously posted this apologies, getting older gets in the way  ..........

hall-of-the-mountain-grill.jpg

Thanks for that.

Do you remember Van der Graaf Generator or Curved Air?

DTL said he didn't remember Caravan, Land of the Grey and Pink was classic.

Those were the days: Hair to my waist, hipster loon pants, Ace of Hearts T-shirt, platform boots and a white Afghan jacket.

Good job there are no pictures :cheesy:

I was on more medication then than I am now (joking of course).

G :burp:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Aussie NHS I guess, TDL has to deal with the UK NHS, but so far seems be to going well.

:thumbsup:

George,

Yes the Aussie NHS which is a state administered structure based on Medicare,with Federal oversight and funding.Hence the New South Wales Department of Health.

I deliberately chose a smaller regional hospital and health service rather than a large Sydney based one.

To repeat-and at the risk of sounding tiresome-make sure that you have adequate insurance/funds to cover you if things start to go medically wrong in Thailand.If you are elderly please check your policy for "pre-existing conditions" and"exclusions" as you can end up paying big and ever escalating premiums for basically nothing.

Just a friendly warning-that's all.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Pay no attention to this guy. I doubt he can actually read 3 pages of anything let alone understand some of the real life experiences. I have read his drivel too. He called a teacher a loser for simply being honest, he condemns whole countries as unsafe should he have an infraction in them and seriously if he had read the whole 66 pages of different perspectives and all he can muster is those few words I'd be placing him next to the word troll in a dictionary. 

And you my friend are a Troll. Who i might add no wont bother! your not worth it. Should be you your brother in law should be calling a waster.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Maybe you have not experienced some of the prob's that regular posters have had. But for those of us that have felt own-in-the-dumps or worse then these "66 pages of complete and total drivel" have been a great help both with advice and empathy

Regular posters of ?  lol  dont make me laugh it the regular feeding frenzy or back slapping or the secret handshake posters you mean.

This by the way is about the actual thread 

"Poisonous brother in law" nothing to do with the miriad of off shoots its spawned.

Edited by jeab1980

16 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The OP was about Thai families-in-law and their destructive nature.

It has wandered off into poster's personal dilemmas and dramas.

There have also been posts with some great music.

Most posts have been typed in with some undertanding of the family problems many face here in LOS. And all through this there is humour; dark at times but we are mostly able to laugh at ourselves and our predicaments.

Please join us J1980. You would be made very welcome. Spill the beans on your BIL probs. We might be able to help you.

I have 2 fantastic BIL's but op said in his opening salvo im not allowed to post that!. Most threads get shut down or warned for wandering off topic. This one hasnt wandered off topic its gone  3000miles away. 

If i had a problem with Visa's i would ask for advise on here and listen to the resident expert.( singular). If which i dont but if i had a problem related to my Family. Pink pigs would fly before i asked for advise of the biggest thai hating forum in Thailand.

However if i wanted to be a part of the TEAM and get an overwhelming endorsment off TV readers and posters regarding thai's being usless then yes i would post that on here.

Awaiting the oh my god hes a Thai appologist remarks. Bring them on boys.

7 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Thanks for that.

Do you remember Van der Graaf Generator or Curved Air?

DTL said he didn't remember Caravan, Land of the Grey and Pink was classic.

Those were the days: Hair to my waist, hipster loon pants, Ace of Hearts T-shirt, platform boots and a white Afghan jacket.

Good job there are no pictures :cheesy:

I was on more medication then than I am now (joking of course).

G :burp:

My brother just older than me was into most of them, I was more of a rocker but you have left a huge gap - the brilliant Camel.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, sandrabbit said:

next one blocked ........

can't be bothered to listen to someone who comes on here just to pick arguments, must be better topics with more aggressive posters to respond to.

Good wont have to bother listening to you.

What you really meant was i dont like it when others have diffrent points of view. 

10 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Absolutely right! :thumbsup:

But what can be done to save it?

I think it will be about as easy as eradicating corruption in Thailand (which sort of puts us back topic).

In 1942 the Beveridge Report was published (under Churchill's coalition), but I have not studied it enough to know what funding was proposed.

In 1948 I don't think the future funding was considered seriously either, with National Insurance contributions supposed to cover it as far as I have read. Please let me know better details if you have them.

Most Labour Governments since, including the current opposition, just want to throw more money at it because it gets the votes. If the left were actually interested in anything other than getting into power they would come up with a sensible solution, but the last lot, Bliar and B&B Gordan, just sold the buildings off, the same as they did with the UK gold reserves, at rock bottom price. The NHS is now saddled with paying the landlords and their maintenance crews huge sums. As you say gross mismanagement, but not just by the NHS.

Any Ideas?

We have seen the introduction of a compulsory Pension Plan introduced recently, and I think something like that could be a way forward. What do you think?

Anyway, thanks for an interesting discussion.

Cheers, G

Ideas a plenty, G, but they don't listen to people that work in the system. They only commission hugely expensive reports that they ignore.

The seeds of the NHS disaster were sown from the very beginning when the government allowed consultants to treat private patients in the public hospitals. The, IMO, corrupt b'tards had to be bribed as some, IMO, care little for the common man and want to become rich. Having said that, some I knew were very nice, but all were doing very well financially. Not one supported the nursing staff when we were being treated badly by management.

In NZ they have separated public from private, but the consultants work in both and some play the system. We had one consultant that operated on unsuitable private patients, and when it all went wrong shipped them out to be cared for in the public system. Corruption is everywhere. I could tell enough horror tales about hospitals to fill a book, but no one is listening, no one cares ( till they end up in the system ).

NHS:

stop free routine operations and care for non citizens that never paid tax in Britain

go back to student nurse in hospital training. Work and learn apprentice system.

Employ 3 enrolled nurses per 1 registered nurse on wards. Nursing staff are apparently the single largest cost to the NHS. All registered nurses is insane, IMO.

go back to the basics that the NHS was created to do. Stop all voluntary surgery for anything that isn't life threatening eg plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons

cease operations that cost millions for hardly any patients. ie treat the maximum number of patients for the available money. Life is s*** and people die, even young ones, but the NHS isn't there to save everyone. Politicians shouldn't be allowed to dictate priorities.

Pass a law like in NZ that people can't sue for accidents etc, to stop ambulance chasing lawyers and frivolous lawsuits. ( See ACC New Zealand ).

Many more but enough to think about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wasn't the long hair a pain to look after? My ex spent so much time on hers.

I grew up when crew cuts were in and joined the military after school- no long hair for me, though I did think sideburns to the bottom of the ear were pretty cool.

Now of course, I have little hair to offend. Now, it grows faster in my nose and ears than on top of my head :smile:

We should create a nose hair club for rockers.......:intheclub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, sandrabbit said:

My brother just older than me was into most of them, I was more of a rocker but you have left a huge gap - the brilliant Camel.

Yep I remember Camel. I was at heart a rocker, Stones are my all time favourites and I was/am a massive Zep fan.

That said there were lots of good bands I was happy to listen to when it was someone else changing the album on the record player. My mates always seemed to keep me busy with packet of Rizla and an album cover on my knees back then...

Cheers G

PS. I just had a look on Wiki for Camel, yes a good band indeed, and history shows a connection with Wishbone Ash (saw them a few times) and Caravan.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Wasn't the long hair a pain to look after? My ex spent so much time on hers.

I grew up when crew cuts were in and joined the military after school- no long hair for me, though I did think sideburns to the bottom of the ear were pretty cool.

Now of course, I have little hair to offend. Now, it grows faster in my nose and ears than on top of my head :smile:

Thanks for those posts. You have some excellent criticisms and  ideas that I wholeheartedly agree with.

Trouble is nobody is listening as you say. Ho hum.

Fairy Liquid "shampoo" every 3 days or so and a trim once every 2-3 months kept the hair okay. I cut it into a sort of "Rod Stewart" for my first real full time job in '74. I experimented with facial hair after that, but until I was about 30 always had a bald spot that had stopped me growing a Mexican mustache or good beard, but side burns were never a problem. They got me in the pubs at 15.

Still got some on my head, bit of a comb over at the back and all white now. Tweezers sort out the rest... Ouch!

Ha ha!

Cheers,

G :thumbsup:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Time you found another playground...

I have no problems as yet with current family or BiLs, but had enough in the past to contribute on this thread.

"If you have nothing worthwhile to say, say nothing," somebody once said... Wise advice I think.

:1zgarz5:  sent off!

Self appointed god eh:passifier:. Good job i dont listen to fools. I will say as i please on an open forum. We all have views but as mine differ from yours and other thai haters on here. The wolves forms in self defence. :spamsign:

Edited by jeab1980