New York doctor sent email to paper before hospital rampage

rooster59

New York doctor sent email to paper before hospital rampage

640x640 (7).jpg

NYPD officers work outside Bronx-Lebanon Hospital, after an incident in which a gunman fired shots inside the hospital, in New York City, U.S. June 30, 2017. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A doctor who killed another physician at a New York City medical centre and wounded six other people before taking his own life had sent an email to a newspaper blaming hospital officials for wrecking his career, the New York Daily News reported on Saturday.

The paper posted on its website a copy of the email that appeared to have been sent by Dr Henry Bello hours before the deadly shooting on Friday afternoon at Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center.

The gunman, wearing a white medical lab coat, stalked two floors of the hospital, opening fire on victims before trying to set himself on fire and then shooting himself to death, Police Commissioner James O'Neill said on Friday. He was dead when police found him.

In the email, Bello said the hospital blocked his path to obtaining a license to practice medicine in New York state.

"First, I was told it was because I always kept to myself. Then it was because of an altercation with a nurse," Bello said in the email.

He said he had been accused of threatening a colleague, one in a series of what he called "bogus complaints."

The email did not appear to threaten violence.

A New York police spokesman said he could not confirm whether the shooter sent an email to the Daily News.

But New York officials have confirmed the shooter was a former employee at the hospital. Police are continuing to investigate.

One female physician was shot to death and six other people were wounded, five seriously, including one who was shot in the leg, O'Neill said on Friday.

A representative for Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, where the victims were being treated, could not be reached for comment on Saturday.

The New York Times and the New York Daily News reported on Friday, citing unnamed sources, that Bello had resigned from the hospital rather than face termination over accusations of sexual harassment.

Bello earned a medical degree on the Caribbean island nation of Dominica, David Wims, a lawyer who represented Bello in an unemployment insurance claim, told Reuters on Friday.

Bronx-Lebanon Hospital Center, located about one mile (1.6 km) north of Yankee Stadium, is one of New York city's biggest providers of outpatient services.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-02

Sounds like he was a crackpot, as this is not what a professional doctor does, RIP to the deceased, speedy recovery to those injured by the bullets and the scores who will be affected psychologically.

I guess you never know who is next to go beserk.  I'm in Burma right now, and I've never felt safer.  The people here are lovely.  Even the tough guys hanging out on street corners are sweet in their skin-tight jeans and tousled-hair toughness.  I go to Burma to get a break from uptight Thailand, and Thailand is better than the US, in terms of general well-being / well-adjustedness of its people.  

I recall hearing about a guy studying to be a doctor.  He was with a group of fellow interns in a hospital hallway.  A rolling tray was nearby with a defibrulator on it.  The guy picked up the contraption and, being a jokester, put it against his ears and pressed the button.  The electric shock knocked him down to the floor.  He was kicked out of medical school.  The doctor in the OP should have been kicked out of medical school.  Didn't anyone see the dangerous tendacies of that man before he became a killer? 

45 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

I'm in Burma right now, and I've never felt safer.  The people here are lovely.  Even the tough guys hanging out on street corners are sweet in their skin-tight jeans and tousled-hair toughness.  I go to Burma to get a break from uptight Thailand, and

Been there in April and feel absolute the same about the people of this beautiful country. From immigration officers to cab drivers everyone showed what I consider a genuine smile.

Edited by Lupatria

Since the European immigrants used their guns/weapons against the American Indians there is violence in their genes. Later on manifested in their constitution or its amendmends. This means there is a hidden violence in the American's attitude, because of their history. It is confirmed here in TV. Fore every (small) sh!t there is a demand of „kill him/“, „shoot him/her“ „hit him“ - and so on, although the details sometimes are not yet clear.

As shown in this OP and in many, many other (US) stories, an over-average number of people are not able (educated?) to hide, swallow or work with their anger and other personal weaknesses/problems. No matter, if the anger is substantiated or not. They seem not to be able to solve a personal problem in the right way, by law or moral. Although they pray to God or go the church each Sunday. The highlight of this awful behavior is the new POTUS. It seems now that he is the stuntman and representative for such a aggressive behavior. Even worse, nowhere in the world a man with such a substantial flaw would have been chosen as president.

The Russians ind Chinese don't need a war against the US. The will wait for the moment when Americans have killed themselves ... :cowboy:

Edited by puck2

7 hours ago, puck2 said:

Since the European immigrants used their guns/weapons against the American Indians there is violence in their genes. Later on manifested in their constitution or its amendmends. This means there is a hidden violence in the American's attitude, because of their history. It is confirmed here in TV. Fore every (small) sh!t there is a demand of „kill him/“, „shoot him/her“ „hit him“ - and so on, although the details sometimes are not yet clear.

As shown in this OP and in many, many other (US) stories, an over-average number of people are not able (educated?) to hide, swallow or work with their anger and other personal weaknesses/problems. No matter, if the anger is substantiated or not. They seem not to be able to solve a personal problem in the right way, by law or moral. Although they pray to God or go the church each Sunday. The highlight of this awful behavior is the new POTUS. It seems now that he is the stuntman and representative for such a aggressive behavior. Even worse, nowhere in the world a man with such a substantial flaw would have been chosen as president.

The Russians ind Chinese don't need a war against the US. The will wait for the moment when Americans have killed themselves ... :cowboy:

Yes, of course, TV is such a good representation of the average American.

Violence in our genes. Wow.

Violence in our Constitution. Wow.

Incapable of solving personal problems by law or morals.

Of course, the rest of the world leads the pack in legal systems and moral leadership.

How could we be so blind?

15 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

What were the dangerous tendencies he displayed before he became a killer?

Bello had three prior arrests, including one for sexual abuse.  Bello was arrested in August 2004 in Manhattan following an incident in which a 23-year-old woman said an assailant grabbed her crotch, held her arms, lifted her up and carried her off, saying, ‘You’re coming with me.'”  Bello also had an arrest for attempted burglary at 5:10 a.m. on April 23, 2003, when he kicked in the door to an ex-girlfriend’s apartment on Buchanan Place in the Bronx.  In 2009, was was charged with unlawful surveillance. At least two women complained he was trying to look up their skirts.

Sounds like there were warning signs there before the hospital hired him.

13 hours ago, puck2 said:

The only problem with your analysis is that in this case, the shooter was an African immigrant.  He was born in Nigeria, and immigrated to the United States.  His attitudes were formed in Nigeria, not the USA.  While I am no fan of Trump's behavior, and wish he would can the tweets, he was elected because many Americans were tired of politicians and politics as usual and could not stomach the idea of Hillary Clinton as president.  It is plainly obvious that Trump is not a politician.  But he may yet accomplish positive things.  It is too early to tell.

On 7/2/2017 at 0:12 PM, puck2 said:

your rant makes me think you are the next guy in line to assault a hospital...geez

22 minutes ago, hdkane said:

your rant makes me think you are the next guy in line to assault a hospital...geez

You confirm my (satiric) comment:  an over-average number of people are not able (educated?) to hide, swallow or work with their anger and other personal weaknesses/problems.

You would like to give me violent ideas, which I don't have at all !!!

11 hours ago, landslide said:

The only problem with your analysis is that in this case, the shooter was an African immigrant.  He was born in Nigeria, and immigrated to the United States.  His attitudes were formed in Nigeria, not the USA.  While I am no fan of Trump's behavior, and wish he would can the tweets, he was elected because many Americans were tired of politicians and politics as usual and could not stomach the idea of Hillary Clinton as president.  It is plainly obvious that Trump is not a politician.  But he may yet accomplish positive things.  It is too early to tell.

I like your controlled comment. But do you believe that he learnt in Nigeria to work with guns. I don't know if Nigeria has the same gun laws as the US. I guess not.

At least he learnt to use a gun to offset his violence. How to offset offset someones violence by gun is nearly a daily report ins the US medias. As I said before: above-average in the civilized world.

Edited by puck2