Buddha Days July 2017

angsta

1 hour ago, GR8fun in LOS said:

I checked my calendar and it stated Sunday 9th "Buddhist Lent" and Monday 10th "Asalha Bucha Day". So Saturday 8th is OK.

Is my Calendar Wrong?

Yes.

8th is Asahna Bucha.

9th is Khao Phansa

10th is the bonus holiday because the 8th was a Saturday.

57 minutes ago, CLW said:

So the most bars and entertainment venues will be closed?
I planned to go there because it's long weekend and going out on Saturday or Sunday with my girlfriend

Affirmative. I'm guessing Friday night will be a dud too, as the ban usually kicks in at the stroke of midnight. 

Affirmative. I'm guessing Friday night will be a dud too, as the ban usually kicks in at the stroke of midnight. 

[emoji30] [emoji30] [emoji30]
Can't you even buy beer then somewhere or some drinks to your food?
Are there M+P shops like in Bangkok?

20 minutes ago, CLW said:

emoji30.pngemoji30.pngemoji30.png
Can't you even buy beer then somewhere or some drinks to your food?
Are there M+P shops like in Bangkok?

Some M&P shops here & there will undoubtedly continue to sell, or you could just buy ahead and indulge at home or wherever you're staying.  But this is legitimately a Thai cultural and religious thing (as so much of what you read here in the forums really is not); why would you ask or tempt them to flout it?  Doing so DOES earn foreigners a bad name.  You're not being asked to go to the wat and pray with them or participate in any religious observance; just allow THEM to do so (yes, even if showing a little respect puts a small dent in your recreational schedule).

Some M&P shops here & there will undoubtedly continue to sell, or you could just buy ahead and indulge at home or wherever you're staying.  But this is legitimately a Thai cultural and religious thing (as so much of what you read here in the forums really is not); why would you ask or tempt them to flout it?  Doing so DOES earn foreigners a bad name.  You're not being asked to go to the wat and pray with them or participate in any religious observance; just allow THEM to do so (yes, even if showing a little respect puts a small dent in your recreational schedule).

Definitely, I won't parading in public drunk and with booze in my hand.
I respect the religious thing.
I will bring some beer and drink on the balcony or room.