Exclusive: Indonesia's reputation as a model of moderate Islam intact - president

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, spiderorchid said:

I do not understand your post. "You hope Indo politicians do not give in to hardliners"

They already have!

You need to stop excusing every extremist act by Islamist extremists and Islamist countries.

If you read my posts, you will find that I abhor US crusades. I do not seek to excuse them.

I do not seek to excuse my own governments culpability in allowing Muslims to control West Papua.

But you always kowtow to everything that is wrong with the Muslim so called faith.

If you do not condemn them, you are in fact in support of them. Kowtow

Not excusing, the reality is that at this stage Indo is not an Islamist extremist country. Just look at the politically based sentencing of Ahok, two years jail, well below the maximum allowable under law and no where near sentencing guidelines in some other Muslim majority countries - you're being alarmist.

My experience of Islam is based upon four years of living within a peaceful Thai Sunni Muslim community. Yes, there are some Muslims living out the so called 'sword verses' and those I condemn, but not all Muslims as you and others do nearly every day.

Not once have I indicated kowtowing to Islamist ideology; your allegation is false, inflammatory and contrary to forum rules.

Edited by simple1

8 hours ago, simple1 said:

As I said in another post in this topic one  hopes overall Indo politicians do not give in to the elected Muslim political hardliners, who at this stage are still very much the minority in government.

If they were the minority, he would not have been jailed.

The excuse is always, "they are a minority". The majority of Muslims would happily see Islam become dominant at the expense of all other religions and Sharia Law introduced above existing laws.

That is the simple truth.

12 minutes ago, Flustered said:

If they were the minority, he would not have been jailed.

The excuse is always, "they are a minority". The majority of Muslims would happily see Islam become dominant at the expense of all other religions and Sharia Law introduced above existing laws.

That is the simple truth.

Told you before will not respond to you. Go away

"With the exception of the ultra-conservative Aceh province, where Islamic law is enforced and two men were publicly flogged last month for gay sex, homosexuality is legal in Indonesia."

If homosexuality is legal in Indonesia then it should be in Aceh province, or do provincial laws override state laws in Indonesia? :unsure:

5 minutes ago, SABloke said:

"With the exception of the ultra-conservative Aceh province, where Islamic law is enforced and two men were publicly flogged last month for gay sex, homosexuality is legal in Indonesia."

If homosexuality is legal in Indonesia then it should be in Aceh province, or do provincial laws override state laws in Indonesia? :unsure:

Aceh was given a degree of autonomy to bring an end a long standing violent provincial independence movement. As one of the outcomes Aceh provincial government implemented a version of Sharia Criminal Law. From my reading it's the first time Aceh has implemented the punishment, can expect more of the same.