Best (up to) 7 seat SUV/MPV?

Need to buy a bigger car for growing family.. set a budget of 1.8M and will consider 'nearly new' secondhand.

My shortlist so far is 

Honda CRX top spec (not sure which engine is best)

Nissan XTrail (update on the way?)

Err. That's it. Anything else to consider? I like the big Ford but its too bulky for my wife.

Try looking for imported Toyota Alphard. Crv and xtrail are not real 7 seaters. The 2 seats behind are for children. Alternately you can consider Toyota Innova, Nissan Elgrand or Serena. Only MPV are designed to seat 7 comfortably.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Pajero Sport best in class and not a stupid price. However none of the 7 seaters will allow much luggage.when all 7 seats are deployed.

Only in your warped imagination. The rest of the world puts the Everest easily best in class of what is readily available here.

Sent from my Cray II supercomputer

10 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Only in your warped imagination. The rest of the world puts the Everest easily best in class of what is readily available here.

The pjs would be "best value for money" but not best in class. It's the cheapest in 4wd spec with a decent engine. 

Been doing a fair bit of research to buy a 7 seat vehicle, it was between the Isuzu Mu X and the Ford Everest, the latter is my choice as their after service wins hands down compared to Isuzu IMO

Go for Isuzu MU-X or Mitsubishi Pajero for 7 seaters for best price, service and resale value. Ford Everest bigger in this class but depreciates very fast if you dont mind that. You can find some 2nd hand Isuzu MU-7 if dont mind 2nd hand.

5 minutes ago, RBOP said:

Go for Isuzu MU-X or Mitsubishi Pajero for 7 seaters for best price, service and resale value. Ford Everest bigger in this class but depreciates very fast if you dont mind that. You can find some 2nd hand Isuzu MU-7 if dont mind 2nd hand.

MU7............................sad-face.gif.efcc490dcecde06e244ab74e5b720560.gif

We have a Mitsubishi All New Pajero Sport. Bought it last year in end of September. Been driving about 15000 km without any problem. 

It has a lot of security equipment and in my opinion you get a lot for the money. It is very comfortable and I have been driving around in countryside and in the city.

But as someone wrote, when using all 7 seats, it's not much space for luggage. But with 5 seats you have a lot of space. But I guess it's the same with all SUV's. 

I was comparing many different cars before buying and were nearly to buy an Everest but in my opinion it was not worth about 300' more. 

By that time it didn't even have a built in GPS.

Cheers 

Thanks everyone. 

Yes my first choice was buying a full spec year old Everest as the depreciation is phenominal(1.2m). Sadly veto'd

My wife keeps mentioning the Toyota Innova so will look at that this wknd.

The Xtrail. Ticks all boxes except a very important one, esp in a country with highest road death toll. No mid row airbags.. So off the list, unless the refresh remedies this.

5 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Have you surveyed the "rest of the world" then?

Or just making it up as you go along?

10 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

Thanks everyone. 

Yes my first choice was buying a full spec year old Everest as the depreciation is phenominal(1.2m). Sadly veto'd

My wife keeps mentioning the Toyota Innova so will look at that this wknd.

The Xtrail. Ticks all boxes except a very important one, esp in a country with highest road death toll. No mid row airbags.. So off the list, unless the refresh remedies this.

If you look at the Innova then also have a look at the Honda Mobillo for comparison.

45 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

If you look at the Innova then also have a look at the Honda Mobillo for comparison.

The mobilio only has a 1.5 but the innova has either a 2.0 petrol or a detuned 2.8 diesel from the fortuner. They would be quite different to drive. 

6 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

No my Friend. Check lnternet for Pajero vs Everest. Mitsubishi is the clear Winner.