Several benefits of “Double track” railway project to both Thais and foreigners

snoop1130

Several benefits of “Double track” railway project to both Thais and foreigners

PNECO600704001002001.jpg

BANGKOK, 4 July 2017 (NNT) - BANGKOK, 4 July 2017 (NNT) - Deputy Secretary General to the Prime Minister for Political Affairs, General Navin Damrigan, talks about the progress of the Double track project construction and its benefits for both Thais and foreigners perspective in the “Thailand Today” program at NBT World TV Station.

One of the mega projects which is contained in the national development plan that aims to move Thailand forward is Double Track railway. For this project, the old railways will be developed together while bringing in new double track line.

There are several benefits of this transportation. For example, products can be delivered on time because all trains can run in opposite directions. Logistic cost will be reduced due to economy of scale. Currently, some line has already started. Overall is expected to be accomplished within 4 years.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2017-7-4

" move Thailand forward is Double Track railway. For this project, the old railways will be developed together while bringing in new double track line. "

Isn't this just the old SRT 20-year plan, for track-doubling of more metre-gauge routes, long underway and long underfunded ? :whistling:

And we all know what benefits there will be to the Junta members don't we ?   A few thousand other Thais may benefit from getting work although I doubt it as the hierarchy will ensure most labouring jobs are filled by illegals from Burma or Cambodia for a fraction of the minimum wage.  Benefits to Foreigners ? well can't think of  many in the short term other than to look on in awe at the Thai proclamation of a high speed railway which it is not going to be.   Bit quicker than the Toytown trains now maybe but given the accident rate of these ones than anything any quicker ,  with the same safety standards as currently,  will be a death trap. 

Also, dual track is good for the big hisos. Can have two trains moving in one direction. One train for the hisos and their hand-full of friends. Another train for their luggage and document-less Burmese cleaners and dogsbodies. 

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

General Navin Damrigan let's us in on the secrets of double tracks. "....trains can run in opposite directions".

I wonder how long it took the General to work that out. The intelligentsia of the Thai military never fail to impress. If sorting out immigration problems were only that simple!

Edited by Cadbury

11 hours ago, Ricardo said:

" move Thailand forward is Double Track railway. For this project, the old railways will be developed together while bringing in new double track line. "

Isn't this just the old SRT 20-year plan, for track-doubling of more metre-gauge routes, long underway and long underfunded ? :whistling:

Yes, it might be the same plan, or plans.

But, contrary to governments before, this one is doing something.

Including upgrading single lines even before work is started for double lines.

4 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Yes, it might be the same plan, or plans.

But, contrary to governments before, this one is doing something.

Including upgrading single lines even before work is started for double lines.

The track-doubling was already happening previously IIRC, just underfunded and slowly, 20-years as a target was a bit optimistic ?

And the Den-Chai to Chiang-Mai line was upgraded, mainly because the trains kept falling off-the-tracks, as I recall. :tongue:

Yet 'they' were able to lay their hands on 300km of concrete-sleepers within a few months, perhaps the will to actually get them laid had previously been lacking, until the line had become a standing joke ? :whistling:

It's self evident that a dual track, stand guage system is more efficient, well, until they build it and 5 years later decide that they need high-speed rail in it's place.  Remember, TIT.  

47 minutes ago, connda said:

It's self evident that a dual track, stand guage system is more efficient, well, until they build it and 5 years later decide that they need high-speed rail in it's place.  Remember, TIT.  

Very true  ...  any metre-guage track-doubling currently planned for the North-East should be on the back-burner, for now ?

I have been told by an old man here in Udon Thani , that when the railway was first put in, it was supposed to be two tracks but the money went down the proverbial black hole,

I am watching how many holes will be needed to be filled up this time around .

Some day Thailand will have a double track railway system, no one knows however when that will be. I grew up in the 50ties, 1950 ties that is, never saw something else until I took a Thai train in 2002. Still no double track in sight.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On ‎4‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:31 PM, LazySlipper said:

Since when do they care about what benefits foreigners.

Pathetic attempt at hype publicity at best.

Plenty if the foreigners are Chinese. 

China's one child policy has given a surplus of males - Thailand has 115 females to 100 males by population.

Two train tracks ...one incoming with Chinese males....one back out with their Thai brides.

Everyone's a winner!!

Surprised no ones mentioned the Freight Side.I for one don't use the Train , flying is the same price n Faster. Those Freight Fuel trains take hundreds of Trucks off the Highways going long distance, but local Trains Are empty after rush hour n Holiday time.Only ones who gain will be those involved, shades of Swampy over again.?[emoji383][emoji383][emoji383]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect