One killed in collision with garbage truck

webfact

One killed in collision with garbage truck

Phuket Gazette

1_20177514420257_KIEyfrlMRNzdTyYqARrfkqDRDXhetCVDKaBpSmCk_jpeg.jpg The victim’s helmet was hanging on his bike, but he was not wearing it at the time of the accident. Photo: Kritsada Mueanhawong

PHUKET: -- A 41-year-old biker was killed in a crash with a Phuket Municipality garbage truck early yesterday morning.

“The victim, Chote Promphan, was driving toward Saphan Hin. The accident occurred at the Phuket Vocational College intersection,” said Lt Col Sakchai Chunyong of Phuket City Police.

The severely injured driver was taken to Vachira Phuket Hospital by Kusoldharm Foundation rescue workers, but pronounced dead on arrival.

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/One-killed-collision-garbage-truck/66747?desktopversion#ad-image-0

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2017-07-05

Considering the crash, one could speculate that even a helmet would not have fully protected the poor chap.

Spinal injury amongst others causes serious dammage in bike accidents, if adapted protection gear is not worn.

But try to convince the reckless and irresponsable proportion of Thai and farang bikers to wear full body protective gear on a bike when the weather is well over 30° celsius....

RIP poor chap.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Considering the crash, one could speculate that even a helmet would not have fully protected the poor chap.

Spinal injury amongst others causes serious dammage in bike accidents, if adapted protection gear is not worn.

But try to convince the reckless and irresponsable proportion of Thai and farang bikers to wear full body protective gear on a bike when the weather is well over 30° celsius....

RIP poor chap.

I did.  5 years of trips on CBR's and CB300f, with full body armor, no matte what the temperature was.  5 years of going all over the North & Northeast without incident.  Then in January of the year, I decide to take my 300cc Forza to Phitsanulok.  Only wore helmet, protective jacket and gloves.  On the way home I'm involved in major accident.  Cops told me that my expensive helmet definitely saved my life. 

6 minutes ago, Just1Voice said:

I did.  5 years of trips on CBR's and CB300f, with full body armor, no matte what the temperature was.  5 years of going all over the North & Northeast without incident.  Then in January of the year, I decide to take my 300cc Forza to Phitsanulok.  Only wore helmet, protective jacket and gloves.  On the way home I'm involved in major accident.  Cops told me that my expensive helmet definitely saved my life. 

Very good...glad for you...keep safe!

15 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Very good...glad for you...keep safe!

Thanks, but a month after that I found out I needed a heart bypass operation or I would lose my legs.  Had to sell my CB300f to help pay for it.  But the Forza has been restored, so it's all good.  Already planning next trip. lol

20 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Thanks, but a month after that I found out I needed a heart bypass operation or I would lose my legs.  Had to sell my CB300f to help pay for it.  But the Forza has been restored, so it's all good.  Already planning next trip. lol

I bet you enjoyed your rock and roll life style though didn't you

I have no problem with people riding scooters, even though it's 2,000-4,000% more dangerous than riding in a 4 wheeled vehicle.  For many, it's an economic necessity.  For others, a lifestyle choice.

But I do get a kick out of the ones who then get all preachy and rag on those who ride without a helmet, which is only about 40% more dangerous.

The safety Rubicon is crossed when I strap myself on to a 2 wheeled vehicle.  Which I do on pretty much a daily basis -by choice- driven by convenience.  Any other accessories are like lipstick on a pig.