Contradiction

this issue has been discussed over and over and over and over here on the forum. the conclusion was that there will be no grandfathering. my personal feeling is that the new requirement is rather low so what's the big deal. Why nickel and dime over this

this issue has been discussed over and over and over and over here on the forum. the conclusion was that there will be no grandfathering. my personal feeling is that the new requirement is rather low so what's the big deal. Why nickel and dime over this

There is still nothing concrete as yet. An announcement is expected early next month.

Would add to the post from dr Pat that when the retirement requirements changed a few years back there was also a great deal of confusion until well after the date of change if I recall correctly. As hints have been made that exceptions are always possible do not believe anyone should go into panic mode; but if you can get the new requirements into a bank account I would do so as it is really a cushion in case of emergency to have some extra cash available.

I just had the legaleeze of the new fees explained to me. There is one problem however. If it has also been explained as lucidly to the immigration people.

Read the stipulations. The amount you have to show is cumulative. A combination of 5 different sources or accounts (in the case of sole bank account or income). This is very clear in their wording, but can be misconstrued dozens of different ways.

For example, you have 180,000 in a bank account. Funds transferred every month for 150,000 and certification from your consulate for 100,000:

=430,000 you made it.

I quote

"All documents mentioned in # 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 TOGETHER showing A TOTAL OF not less

than 200.000 THB* A YEAR." (Or 400,000 if no grandfathering. Emphasis added by me.)

The remaining question is if and when the people at immigration come up to speed with their own regulations.

Alas, they never do get "up to speed ". The rules always are subject to individual interpretations by officers, and responses to your questions vary from Immigration office to Immigration office, and from officer to officer.