Driveway

Hutch68

3 hours ago, rchapstick said:

Personally, I prefer paving stones over cement or gravel20170317_164738.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Tried this option so slippy when wet on our slight slope. And to hot to walk on after tbe sun has baked them. So went bag to concrete still slightly hot to walk on but copes very well in the rain. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

500 bht a ton wheres your local store im on my way LOL more like 500 a cube as they like to call it basicaly a digger shovel full.

Yes sorry after more investigation it is 500 a cube, my mistake.

I went to the quarry past Nong Bua Lamphu and they quoted 200 per ton of 3/4 minus but I arrange the hauling. A double trailer hounds 100 tons I was told so I need just one load to pay.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 7/7/2017 at 1:54 AM, r136dg said:

Does your concrete get a bit slippery on that troweled surface when wet? Did they saw cut or any control joints? Just curious because that's a lot of concrete for no cracks. Very nice driveway & yard!

Curious what you decide on Hutch68. We still have that ahead of us also. Pouring some sidewalk & apron tomorrow. Poured the rear walk using tools from back home. Bull float was homemade (idea from a Crossy post), thanks! Do Home actually caries a curing compound (blew me away). Hardest part is dodging the rain.595edb74468b1_Rearwalk.jpg.c83de8c9bde27cfa0772d62de9af8aed.jpg

Yes its has control joints  cut  in with a 12 inch disc  cutter at about 6m  intervals also between each long section, I had gravel before which was always slippery dry or wet, it also used to get wheel ruts in it after being driven over regularly and rain did wash some out.

I have a motorbike so I wanted concrete, I also wanted it  polished so it stays  clean longer.

Is it slippery when wet........yes, but nothing  like the gravel used to be + I never go out on a  bike in the wet or even if it  might be wet.

In the car its just fine.

Here they are  cutting a nice straight edge for the next lot of concrete to butt  up against, after they ran this down to make the joints everywhere

20170507_090244-web.jpg

Edited by kannot

On 7/6/2017 at 3:29 AM, kwonitoy said:

I did my drive at the farm with crushed stone, only way to go IMHO

It will settle/pack down as you drive on it and the rain compacts it, just order a couple more loads and spread it

After a couple of times of doing this it will form a great surface, breaks up the run off from the rain rather than turning it into a torrent as the runoff from concrete does.

Also much cheaper and isn't as big a heat absorber like a big slab is

My "torrent" is carefully diverted to go into the lake using home made concrete curbs, this was done by making the road  fall in a certain direction with all ending up in the lake, the point for me  was in the driest part of Thailand I like to keep the 1  rai  8 metre deep lake  full for the dry season. All my roads divert this water into the lake, am halfway thru making  the last final  water gutter 

drive1.jpg

nam.jpg

gulley1.jpg

Edited by kannot