U.S. prepared to use force on North Korea 'if we must' - U.N. envoy

webfact

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

What does Russian intelligence capability and how it compares with the US's got to do with the topic at hand? And again, nothing said about current accesses to classified information, just worth bearing in mind that (a) some of these issues were aired in public over the years, and (b) most of us had previous lives before becoming TVF posters. The "war machine" moniker is useless when if the intent is to engage in meaningful discussion.

Pretty much every country with security issues was "interested" to some degree or another in missile and nuclear technology since those appeared on world stage. That doesn't mean that such countries had the capability to achieve much on that front. Concrete knowledge regarding the full scale of the NK programs was not readily available for many years, and even at present, I dare say it is not nearing the level you claim.

The issue of anti-ballistic missile systems is not all that hush hush. There's plenty of information out there to review. That there were attempts to develop such systems for decades does not mean that results were ever satisfactory. Obviously there weren't many opportunities to test these under battle conditions. Again, not an issue of whether the US systems are better than those developed by other countries. You may do well to  read the link provided earlier on the topic.

Once more, I'm not advocating an attack on NK. Quite the opposite. That it might come to this, is another matter.

Well I guess you should know by now what my stance is. I think N Korea is very weak and its Nuclear program rittled with holes, but even if it is a viable nuclear threat, the advances in US military capabilities that you, I, and the rest of the world do not know about could easily protect us from this little moron. I think the US would likely allow a strike from them to happen in order to provide another cash cow for the war machine similar to the US allowing 911 to happen. That is another issue though. I really think that the US knows that the little moron will not attack anybody so they are firing up the propaganda machine in order to do another preemptive strike as in Iraq. I am strongly against that.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Grubster said:

Well I guess you should know by now what my stance is. I think N Korea is very weak and its Nuclear program rittled with holes, but even if it is a viable nuclear threat, the advances in US military capabilities that you, I, and the rest of the world do not know about could easily protect us from this little moron. I think the US would likely allow a strike from them to happen in order to provide another cash cow for the war machine similar to the US allowing 911 to happen. That is another issue though. I really think that the US knows that the little moron will not attack anybody so they are firing up the propaganda machine in order to do another preemptive strike as in Iraq. I am strongly against that.

Not into conspiracy theory nonsense. Not into "war machine" nonsense. Not into dreaming up military capabilities when facts are at hand. And no, I don't think there's a clear handle on what Kim may or may not do. As for the threat being directed at the US itself - less chance of that (for now), but doesn't matter much if NK can hold other countries hostage.

28 minutes ago, Morch said:

What does Russian intelligence capability and how it compares with the US's got to do with the topic at hand? And again, nothing said about current accesses to classified information, just worth bearing in mind that (a) some of these issues were aired in public over the years, and (b) most of us had previous lives before becoming TVF posters. The "war machine" moniker is useless when if the intent is to engage in meaningful discussion.

Pretty much every country with security issues was "interested" to some degree or another in missile and nuclear technology since those appeared on world stage. That doesn't mean that such countries had the capability to achieve much on that front. Concrete knowledge regarding the full scale of the NK programs was not readily available for many years, and even at present, I dare say it is not nearing the level you claim.

The issue of anti-ballistic missile systems is not all that hush hush. There's plenty of information out there to review. That there were attempts to develop such systems for decades does not mean that results were ever satisfactory. Obviously there weren't many opportunities to test these under battle conditions. Again, not an issue of whether the US systems are better than those developed by other countries. You may do well to  read the link provided earlier on the topic.

Once more, I'm not advocating an attack on NK. Quite the opposite. That it might come to this, is another matter.

29 minutes ago, Morch said:

My stance is that North Korea is no threat to the west. They have nothing that will hurt us. They will not try to attack us. We will attack them. We will be responsible for the mayhem that follows just like the preemptive attack on Iraq. Thats all.

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

Not into conspiracy theory nonsense. Not into "war machine" nonsense. Not into dreaming up military capabilities when facts are at hand. And no, I don't think there's a clear handle on what Kim may or may not do. As for the threat being directed at the US itself - less chance of that (for now), but doesn't matter much if NK can hold other countries hostage.

Well maybe you should look at the facts of who got rich in the Iraq war and who made up the stories of WMD. I'm sure had you been around during WW2 you would have known the facts about the Bomb too, since you believe you know what tools we have now. You really like to use words like nonsense in your ignorant statements. I usually don't use words like that but since you like them.