Marriage Visa/extension 2007

I'm planning to get married in march 2007 and continue living in Thailand with my wife to be. Up till now we have been living together for 2 years, I'm currently not working and on a tourist visa. My only source of income is approx 35000 baht / month from letting my house in the uk. Other than that I have 1 million baht in savings.

What are my best options for staying here with my wife, as I understand the financial requirments are 40k /month and the 400k in the bank option is only for previous applicants.

Would I be applying for a non immigrant 'o' or an extentension of my excisting visa.

It is family income that counts, i.e. if your wife earns at least 5,000 Baht per month and pays income tax on it, you have the 40k you need for an annual extension. Income from your savings (interest) also counts toward the required 40k.

If you can meet the income requirement, you can apply at an immigration office first for change of visa status to non-O (fee 2,000 Baht), then for an annual extension (fee 1,900) Baht. No need to travel abroad for a new visa.

--

Maestro

If you do not have the income reqirement I believe you can still put 400,000 baht in the bank, the only difference is it has to be in for 3 months prior to aproval.

All family extensions have to be sent to Bangkok, and if you need a non o you will have to produce all three pages of your mariage certificate with your wife and her ID card on the third floor of Bangkok immigration. I did this years ago.

Barry

It is family income that counts, i.e. if your wife earns at least 5,000 Baht per month and pays income tax on it, you have the 40k you need for an annual extension. Income from your savings (interest) also counts toward the required 40k.

If you can meet the income requirement, you can apply at an immigration office first for change of visa status to non-O (fee 2,000 Baht), then for an annual extension (fee 1,900) Baht. No need to travel abroad for a new visa.

--

Maestro

Are there any other options, if your married to a thai wife have a baby but dont have the income but enough money in the bank to live on