Phuket residents riot over alleged physical abuse in drug arrests

snoop1130

Phuket residents riot over alleged physical abuse in drug arrests

Eakkapop Thongtub

1499339465_1-org.jpg

PHUKET:-- About 50 local residents from Baan Thasak in Phuket’s Pa Khlok subdistrict massed in front of the Thalang District Office at 9pm last night (June 5) to protest alleged physical abuse by officials.

The crowd called for two men – Somsak Aungkara and his son Autsadawut Deem Aungkara, 20 – who had been taken into custody for drugs offences to be released.

They claimed that officers used too much physical force in handling the suspects, especially one, the son, who they said was “not of full sound mind”.

Full Story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-residents-riot-over-alleged-physical-abuse-in-drug-arrests-62874.php#8YBmkWgPvXdXhU6C.97

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-7-6

Ah, this lovely croud again. Son gets busted in a checkpoint for testing positive on drugs in his urine. They go to his home, find a meth pill and the father says it's his. Then they want to bring in both for treatment (instead prison) and the relatives form a mob and throw stones at the officers. Then they "protest" at the police station. A lovely family we have there.

Reminds me of the incident where two teenagers were getting busted in a checkpoint, fled and died during the chase which led the mob to burn down the whole police station.

The army should shake up that whole area. Drugs are very wide spread in Pa Khlok and the local mob rules over anything. That's why people immediately flee the scene of an accident as they are scared for their life. These people completely ruin that nice area. If the army isn't careful, they might get another situation growing like near the malaysian border.

49 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

I read this news and just shake my head. What did the police do wrong ...

It wasn't the police. Civil defense volunteers did the drug check. This might trigger it. Who gives them the right to do police work without police present?

This civil defense votunteer think was always scary for me because i know real thugs who take part in this only to cover their wrongdoing.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

If the two chaps are guilty in selling drugs, the authorities must not give in to pressure, intimidation and similar mafia snares!...It will be a bit of scum off the streets!

Who said they were guilty of selling drugs? The son tested positive for drugs in his own urine and the father had one pill, likely for his own consumption. Mind you, that's bad enough in my oppinion. People who test positive for hard drugs need some serious help.

1 minute ago, eisfeld said:

Who said they were guilty of selling drugs? The son tested positive for drugs in his own urine and the father had one pill, likely for his own consumption. Mind you, that's bad enough in my oppinion. People who test positive for hard drugs need some serious help.

Dear Sir,

Should you devote some of your precious time,  you would care to read again my initial post, I started the sentence with the conjunction "if"

Definition of if

1. 1a :  in the event that  b :  allowing thatc :  on the assumption that  d :  on condition that

Hope this makes things a bit more clear.

Kind Regards,

Me :cheesy:

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Dear Sir,

Should you devote some of your precious time,  you would care to read again my initial post, I started the sentence with the conjunction "if"

Definition of if

1. 1a :  in the event that  b :  allowing thatc :  on the assumption that  d :  on condition that

Hope this makes things a bit more clear.

Kind Regards,

Me :cheesy:

If the two chaps are not guilty of selling drugs, observer90210 would be fine with authorities giving in to pressure? Nope, things are not more clear, sorry.

1 hour ago, eisfeld said:

If the two chaps are not guilty of selling drugs, observer90210 would be fine with authorities giving in to pressure? Nope, things are not more clear, sorry.

:cheesy:...well then sorry, if it's not clear for you, I cannot help you much more my dear fellow

Edited by observer90210

9 hours ago, observer90210 said:

:cheesy:...well then sorry, if it's not clear for you, I cannot help you much more my dear fellow

Bummer. Thought you could clarify your thoughts a bit but I guess you can't.

I don't think it's right that the police are allowed to just stop people at random and perform a drugs test when there's no cause for suspicion.  I used to own a bar opposite the Apac campus in Bangkok and one night the police raided the place and drug tested all the students drinking in there. Good for business!  Luckily none of them tested positive. I asked the senior officer who was on the scene why they picked my bar and he told me the Thai guy who owned the bar down the road called the cops saying people were taking drugs in the bar.  I asked why he would think that, and the cop told me that as far as he could tell the other bar owner was just jealous cause we were consistently a lot busier than him.  I then asked if that was deemed a sound basis to conduct a raid, and wouldn't it be better to send in someone undercover to see if that was the case or not before conducting an actual raid. He just shrugged his shoulders and said that if they receive a complaint about drugs at an establishment, then they are obliged to conduct a raid. 

13 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

He just shrugged his shoulders and said that if they receive a complaint  about drugs at an establishment, then they are obliged to conduct a raid. 

OR

As Angel Eyes said: "But you know the pity is when I'm paid I ALWAYS follow my job through"