Handyman, Builder Needed

zanzibar

And patch the hole? What with?

Is this in a door, a wall, a skylight?

Will not be an hour's work that you pay for. It will be two men for a day, if you find them. Go to a builders' merchants, timber yard or similar and ask there. (Probably need a Thai speaker with you). Many such places along Sukhumvit, especially at the South end, opposite Big C and Tescos.

I want him (them) to take out a glass panel and frame from a shop front and I will store it out the back, that's it. The glass just pops out, and the frame is simply dismantled with a drill or screwdriver. It's not humanly possible for it to take more than an hour, even for a Thai. :o Then again..........

I want him (them) to take out a glass panel and frame from a shop front and I will store it out the back, that's it. The glass just pops out, and the frame is simply dismantled with a drill or screwdriver. It's not humanly possible for it to take more than an hour, even for a Thai. :o Then again..........

OK, now we're getting there. As I wrote before - try any builders merchant - there'll be guys hanging around there who are (or claim to be) 'handymen.

A shopfront. Hmmmm. Three-man job. Plus pick-up and driver.

They will arrive, look at the job, send the driver off for the tools they have forgotten, sit down, smoke, discuss the best way to tackle the job, tke the tools when the driver comes back, send him off for som tam, start the job by arranging somewhere to store the tools, wait for driver to bring back som tam.

Strip out the inner frame and remove the glass (is this a stainless / chrome frame, or wood?) (is the glass one large piece or several?) and then send the driver off to get the other tools they forgot. Time for a break - out come the ciggies again.

Driver brings back the tools, gets sent out for sen lek moo. Work continues - slowly, because they don't want to finish before the food comes - aand is almost complete when the driver returns. All stops for eats. Then a final spurt, finish the job, store the disinvested material, put tools back in the pick-up and present the bill - four men, one pick-up for one day. Say 3,000 baht and cheap at half the price.

I'd do it myself, but I'm busy overseeing the construction of an 8 billion US petrochem plant in Saudi.

Good luck - and take a photo of the work you need doing to show the guys first - it could save half the time outlined above - but you'll still pay the same.