What is the attraction with the small SUV's?

On 8.7.2017 at 0:08 PM, Kwasaki said:

They have little more ground clearance and height than your average family saloon.  :biggrin:

I like the  'Juke '  looks a mixture of both.

IMHO the design team responsible for the Juke (I usually call it Puke) should be tarred and feathered and chased out of town. This beast look even uglier than a SsangYong Stavic.

My spouse and I first driven a Mazda 3 hatchback which was sufficient for us. With the first kid, we changed to the CX-5 which has much more space on the just the same footprint. The higher driving position and the better ground clearance is a advantage for the typical Thai road conditions.

I very loved my Mazda 3 but I replaced it then with the CX-3. The CX-3 is more practical for me, although the interior space is smaller than the Mazda 3.

14 hours ago, hkt83100 said:

IMHO the design team responsible for the Juke (I usually call it Puke) should be tarred and feathered and chased out of town. This beast look even uglier than a SsangYong Stavic.

Yeah another mans etc etc.   l like it because it's not copying anything else it's individual. 

55 minutes ago, Will E Vormer said:

What is the attraction.. easier to get in and out, plus the higher seating position for seeing over traffic. More space for the footprint of car. Easy to park.

Put a small SUV next to my pickup and the seating position won't look high.

4 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Or a Land Cruiser.The 2 Brothers who own Suphanbury Hotel have one each. Go to Lotus in that and it gets noticed.Reversing Camera is essential on them .

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I remember when they replaced Landrovers with Land Cruisers in a government dept I worked for.  Driving a Land Cruiser was like driving a Ferrari after the Landrovers.

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Or a Land Cruiser.The 2 Brothers who own Suphanbury Hotel have one each. Go to Lotus in that and it gets noticed.Reversing Camera is essential on them .

Land-Cruiser,  Nah don't like the look,  see quite a few coming through with Chin plates.

Jeep di-kwa.

596846df4dd4c_download(4).jpg.0bb3fae125e60103953e6e3b7da3ca8b.jpg

3 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Land-Cruiser,  Nah don't like the look,  see quite a few coming through with Chin plates.

Jeep di-kwa.

596846df4dd4c_download(4).jpg.0bb3fae125e60103953e6e3b7da3ca8b.jpg

Wonder what IMHO is doing now, would love to hear how his Porsche SUV turned out..

3 hours ago, transam said:

Wonder what IMHO is doing now, would love to hear how his Porsche SUV turned out..

Dunno which one did he buy.

S E-Hybrid Platinum Edition   $82,650
GTS   $98,250
Turbo   $117,550
Turbo S   $160,650

I am also thinking of buying a small SUV (Crossover how some brands call them).

Why?

• because I like the look of SUV's (and also a small one looks like a SUV)
  • because I not want spend the money 1.6 million up for the cheapest SUV till about little bit over 3 million, where "small SUV" are about by 1 Million with already nice comfort
  • because a "real" big SUV also use more space, more difficult to find parking space and my wife would never drive with a big SUV whereas with a "small" one she maybe would drive from time to time.

I will think about next year when I have the plan to buy one. At the moment I like the Honda HRV. And actually I even think interior looks better than the bigger CRV... but this everybody to themselve.

Of course there are many nice SUV's available.. but compared the price of 3 million to 1 million it's not worth in my mind. But still also looking bigger SUVs till about max of 2 million baht.

I am also thinking of buying a small SUV (Crossover how some brands call them).

Why?
  • because I like the look of SUV's (and also a small one looks like a SUV)
  • because I not want spend the money 1.6 million up for the cheapest SUV till about little bit over 3 million, where "small SUV" are about by 1 Million with already nice comfort
  • because a "real" big SUV also use more space, more difficult to find parking space and my wife would never drive with a big SUV whereas with a "small" one she maybe would drive from time to time.

I will think about next year when I have the plan to buy one. At the moment I like the Honda HRV. And actually I even think interior looks better than the bigger CRV... but this everybody to themselve.
Of course there are many nice SUV's available.. but compared the price of 3 million to 1 million it's not worth in my mind. But still also looking bigger SUVs till about max of 2 million baht.

Maybe wait for Toyota to launch the CH-R instead of the Honda HR-V. If you like small SUVs.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Robert24 said:

Maybe wait for Toyota to launch the CH-R instead of the Honda HR-V. If you like small SUVs.

Hello,

thanks for this information.

I will go look next year the Bangkok motor show before I decide about the car anyway... because I hope there I can compare the best cars for me.

I not have made my decision yet.. Only at the moment I think the HRV is the best one... but when can compare the different cars.. who knows maybe I change my decision. There are so many different brands available: Honda, Toyota, Nissan, Mazda, Chevrolet, Isuzu, Ford, .....

Soon to be introduced into Indonesia. Suzuki Jimny. A bit light on the Utility side?

5357940-suzuki-jimny.jpg

Small enough for you?

I'm sticking with a Wagon R. Cheaper!

Edited by VocalNeal