Honda Authorised Service Centres

Generalchaos

Is Honda hiding these places? Do they exist?

I cannot for love nor money find an authorised service centre listed anywhere in Thailand where I can take my Honda GX200 Motor for a warranty repair.

The 2 numbers on their warranty card don't work and when you ring a dealer they pass you onto another dealer or tell you to contact the place you bought it from - neither of which is any use as the place I bought it from (Global) only cover for 7 days, this is three months old.

Their websites are useless, not one service centre listed for these types of warranty repair.

Anyone out there know of somewhere in Chiang Mai or Lamphun that servicers these smaller engines?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Lizard2010 said:

What is it used on?

Plus can you go back to where you bought it from?

It is a basic 4 stroke motor for driving pumps mowers etc. and it cannot go back to where it was bought (Global) as they only cover 7 days warranty.

gx200.jpg

There are many Honda authorized repair shops, generally the Honda motorcycle shops will service the motors and other tools.  Your are better served by walking in to the dealer rather than phoning.

Good lesson, do not buy this kind of thing from Global, Home Pro and the likes.  Buy it from a shop that repairs it too which you can confirm with your eyes.  Problem has come up numerous times with various appliances and tools.  

Montree on the SW corner of Super Highway and Chotanaa Rd, facing SH, sells and does service repairs on Honda stuff but if you are in Lampun, there is likely a place closer.

Edited by Dante99

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

There are many Honda authorized repair shops, generally the Honda motorcycle shops will service the motors and other tools.  Your are better served by walking in to the dealer rather than phoning.

Good lesson, do not buy this kind of thing from Global, Home Pro and the likes.  Buy it from a shop that repairs it too which you can confirm with your eyes.  Problem has come up numerous times with various appliances and tools.  

Montree on the SW corner of Super Highway and Chotanaa Rd, facing SH, sells and does service repairs on Honda stuff but if you are in Lampun, there is likely a place closer.

Sadly, there are not many authorised Honda repair shops, yes there are many shops that sell and repair Honda but the majority do not offer Honda warranty repairs or use genuine Honda parts. There are very few proper authorised repair centres for many large equipment manufacturers here in Thailand (Makita being one other example with only two ASC's in Chiang Mai)

If you decide to take a new motor to one of the unauthorised shops, you will find that the Honda warranty is void and likely you will get a substandard repair into the bargain, believe me, I have bought a ton of tools over the years here and the small mom and pop shops are mainly a bunch of bodgers when it comes to repairs.

I would quite happily strip down and fix the engine myself and know it was done properly but why should I give up 2 year warranty on a motor that has about 10 hours use on it?

No right minded person would do that with a new car.

I have bought Honda from many different places in Chiang Mai over the years and never had a breakdown within the warranty period, this is a first. Many previous times I have had motors repaired here at the local shops whose only affiliation with the brand name is that they have the brand name sticker on their windows and probably 7 times out of 10 their repair work is second rate and I would have been better off doing it myself.

One thing however, you mention the company Montree - well as it happens I just had an e mail back from them and they are in fact an authorised Honda service centre! They have told me to bring the motor in and it will be repaired under warranty!

So that is handy to know, and good of them to get back to me today as I wasn't aware that everywhere was on holiday.

What does a new car have to do with it? 

Be carful Montree is a Mom and Pop shop, they even have their kids working there.  Also if they pick up your negative vibes you may not get the service available.  

Anyway if you do not get on with Montree,  Saha Panich is also an authorized Honda repair shop, as is the Honda place across from Prince Royal and Neyome Panich and the one in Mae Rim and .....