What The Level Of Education On This Site?

GuestHouse

What is your highest educational qualification  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

for just 10,000 quid at auction, however it’s in the County of Essex/QUOTE]

Tell him him he was ripped off, should have known better Essex? Southend, mudflats,horrible "mockney" esturial accents, Essex girls etc.

Bet he's got a beemer, 1.8 bottom of the range but with all the boot blank so nobody knows what it is.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With more than one incrementally higher degree designation following my name, I can say from an abundance of experience that most formal education is about acquiring knowledge, rather than thinking rationally.

Thus academicians can support their lifestyle by spooning out information in the classroom while writing their next book, a necessity for an academics survival.

Thus they may indeed be thinking when writing their book, but they have little concern if their students are. They seem only to be concerned with the students ability to regurgitate the information doled out.

A cliche perhaps, but handing out fish vs. teaching how to fish, seems to be my point.

Too many fishmongers in academicia and too few fishermen.

Those of us who have learned to think rationally are blessed, regardless of whether we were one of the few who learned it via a formal education or the school of "hard knocks".

The curse, of course, is discourse with the irrational, as some have complained of in these forums.

Since the school was only a short walk from the fishing village I once ask a fisherman in Guatemala why he didn't send his children to the school ...

His answer, " They don't teach them how to fish". :D

Got "A"s in playing cards in the student union and were I also found that plagiarism is a form of flattery, and "crib" notes are an alternative to studying but I got my education tending bar at nights. :o

With more than one incrementally higher degree designation following my name, I can say from an abundance of experience that most formal education is about acquiring knowledge, rather than thinking rationally.

Thus academicians can support their lifestyle by spooning out information in the classroom while writing their next book, a necessity for an academics survival.

Thus they may indeed be thinking when writing their book, but they have little concern if their students are.  They seem only to be concerned with the students ability to regurgitate  the information doled out.

A cliche perhaps, but handing out fish vs. teaching how to fish, seems to be my point.

Too many fishmongers in academicia and too few fishermen.

Those of us who have learned to think rationally are blessed, regardless of whether we were one of the few who learned it via a formal education or the school of "hard knocks".

The curse, of course, is discourse with the irrational, as some have complained of in these forums.

Since the school was only a short walk from the fishing village I once ask a fisherman in Guatemala why he didn't send his children to the school ...

His answer, " They don't teach them how to fish". :D

Got "A"s in playing cards in the student union and were I also found that plagiarism is a form of flattery, and "crib" notes are an alternative to studying but I got my education tending bar at nights. :o

Since I don't have an M.B.A., it's kinda hard to get what you're on about, know wattImean?

So let me ask you straight, Moving, are you a bartender?

And what does that make ProsacExpat, a fishmonger or a fisherman, or a fisherman's daughter, or am I missing the bludy point?

, gained first one at Leeds Uni, totally forgot the content of that course.

A Tetley Bitter man, eh? Any idea if the 'Coburg' opposite the former Jacob Cramer School is still there?

Not been there a while but I believe a Japanese bar ( Japanic) is there these days , a new Coburg has opened , not sure where though ( poss Queens sq area?)

for just 10,000 quid at auction, however it’s in the County of Essex/QUOTE]

Tell him him he was ripped off, should have known better Essex? Southend, mudflats,horrible "mockney" esturial accents, Essex girls etc.

Bet he's got a beemer, 1.8 bottom of the range but with all the boot blank so nobody knows what it is.

are you an essex expert? :o

I have had the following education.

sex education class

alcohol abuse class(this one I had twice)

drug abuse class

anger management class(another one I had twice)

marriage conseling

I have been beaten with the Board of education more than my fair share

and I have been told I have no class :o

Quit school at 16,retired in Thailand at 45. My sister and her husband have degrees coming out of the yingyang and dont have a pot to piss in as my grandma used to say.Sometimes common sense is the hardest thing to learn.

Better question...

What is the level of intelligence on this forum.

Education means nothing.

Look at America. :D

Congratulations pal, you are today's winner! :D

Well I suspect that you

are also a past recipient.

Any money involved? :o