What The Level Of Education On This Site?

GuestHouse

What is your highest educational qualification  

78 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have 2 different Bachelors from two different schools.

I'm working on 3rd one because I have no desire to get Master. Trying to learn inside out of computer, then realised that my school (Yeah, in the US) doesn't have a policy to produce the best programmer geek in the state. Tuition is a killer, then 95% of tuitors don't speak a whole lot of English. Consider carefully before sending your children here.

No offence, I don't have the same tool as the guys in my class so I had to work harder than them if you know what I mean. Missing 5 points from A, and he was not kind enough to throw it to me. When a guy from my office, taking the same class at the same time, missed 15 points, he was granted a big A. I ned a surgery to win this game.

I got the heave ho from primary school when I was six years old for writing symphonies instead of playing in the sand pit.

Went straight to college where I was teaching by time I was eight,then Oxford and Cambridge where I got more bits of paper from than walls to put them on.

Then here so I can show off my academic kwallifikashuns.

I got the heave ho from primary school when I was six years old for writing symphonies instead of playing in the sand pit.

Went straight to college where I was teaching by time I was eight,then Oxford and Cambridge where I got more bits of paper from than walls to put them on.

Then here so I can show off my academic kwallifikashuns.

A proper toff here Maerim. Graduated from real uni's rather than those run by McDonalds or Walt Disney ( or the mail order mills )

I try not to boast too much Doc as it puts others at a disadvantage.

I have a few degrees too...but alas, not from such illustrious ivy clad sandstone halls of learning :o

ADOE

Associate diploma in One Liners

The Gentleman, just because I have a Masters degree doesn't mean I can write intelligent postings :o

Now ask me to talk about rocket equipment and I can ... blah .. blah ..blah .. bore the pants off you :D

IMO, going to a trade school to learn something specific is fine. The university system, in America at least, is a waste of money. I cant speak for other countries' Universities, but in the US, its big business. Needing to take numerous useless classes to build up credits just so the school can get more money out of you. The US University system is a farce. Wasted too much time and money going to college I did, so I do not speak from ignorance. I learned infinitely more traveling in the world than I ever did going to school. Having a degree gets no extra respect from me.

I have always regarded an American Bachelors degree as being the admission level for a British University, but seeing recent BU curricula, I'm revising that - neither standard would have got me into London in the Sixties!

There are exceptions of course. My UK base is Cambridge and their science and medical courses are exceptional. Similarly the 'Ivy League' places such as Yale and Harvard are exceptional.

But with all the 'Colleges of Higher Education' in UK suddenly calling themselves universities, plus the financial considerations of many US universities, especially the ones that take predominantly Middle Eastern students and have to give a high percentage a passing grade, so that their income continues to roll in, I have little faith in paper qualifications these days.

I take people on their employment record, sweat them and fire a few. Seems to work fine. I'm not in business to train people, I'm here to exploit their skills.

illustrious ivy clad sandstone halls of learning

As I am looking for investors for a new business project, you can drop the money off in a brown paper envelope.

The deal is I rent this joint on Khao San road clad it with sandstone and get a few ivy plants, in this climate the facade will be covered in no time.

The second biggest expenditure will be on a cash register that will be situated in the degree awarding room.

As this prestigious temple of academe will only handout proper degrees there will be most certainly will not be one on boasting about ones schooling.

I will not sully myself with worthless bits of paper saying that someone came second to last in the sack race, so don't ask

Halfway through 2nd degree at Open University , gained first one at Leeds Uni, totally forgot the content of that course.

IMO it's a lot harder doing a degree whilst in full time employment , takes 16 hours per week. It's a good job I'm 'kin clever innit? :o

Dr. Pat once told that where he was at school, education could go hang

as long as a boy could hit a six, sing the school song very loud,

and take a hot crumpet from behind without blubbing.

I, on the other hand, am a fully rounded human being with

a degree from the university of life, a diploma from the school of hard knocks,

and three gold stars from the kindergarten of getting the shit kicked out of me.

:o:D

Farhenheit or Centigrade?

As long as you have the money and we have the typewriter you can have it in Kelvin if you want.

Failing that, take a look at the top of the page where you can"forget fake degrees" and get a real one for $100

Going for a Lordship next.

Believe it or not you can purchase a lordship in the U.K.

A gentleman who runs a Pakistani curry shop in the N.E of England has one, all legal and above board.

So if you think a degree will open doors why not consider what one of these will do for your employment prospects,probably remove the hinges as well.

Going for a Lordship next.
Believe it or not you can purchase a lordship in the U.K.

A gentleman who runs a Pakistani curry shop in the N.E of England has one, all legal and above board.

So if you think a degree will open doors why not consider what one of these will do for your employment prospects,probably remove the hinges as well.

Can I have one Maerim ? It'd set me off nicely as I am am certain that it does a treat for Lord Currymuncher

You hard enough to live with just having Dr. as prefix as a lord?

Lord knows, however there a few different types of lord in the U.K. in the Domesday book there were about 14,000 give or take the odd shire or so.

The ones that come up for sale are the manorial type and depending on where they are and the name of them that dictates the price,but they are for sale to anyone,well anyone who has the cash, most are sold at auctions.

The price varies from a few hundred pounds for one from Gateshead to tens of thousands for one say from Stratford-upon Avon.

It does not confer any benefits except it looks good on the letterhead and as a conversation piece.

Many, yeah you guesssed it, Americans buy these well as they don't have much history I suppose they think that they can buy some, same as they think they can buy everything else.

My commission is 10% payable in used notes.

With more than one incrementally higher degree designation following my name, I can say from an abundance of experience that most formal education is about acquiring knowledge, rather than thinking rationally.

Thus academicians can support their lifestyle by spooning out information in the classroom while writing their next book, a necessity for an academics survival.

Thus they may indeed be thinking when writing their book, but they have little concern if their students are. They seem only to be concerned with the students ability to regurgitate the information doled out.

A cliche perhaps, but handing out fish vs. teaching how to fish, seems to be my point.

Too many fishmongers in academicia and too few fishermen.

Those of us who have learned to think rationally are blessed, regardless of whether we were one of the few who learned it via a formal education or the school of "hard knocks".

The curse, of course, is discourse with the irrational, as some have complained of in these forums.

Lord knows, however there a few different types of lord in the U.K. in the Domesday book there were about 14,000 give or take the odd shire or so.

The ones that come up for sale are the manorial type and depending on where they are and the name of them that dictates the price,but they are for sale to anyone,well anyone who has the cash, most are sold at auctions.

The price varies from a few hundred pounds for one from Gateshead to tens of thousands for one say from Stratford-upon Avon.

It does not confer any benefits except it looks good on the letterhead and as a conversation piece.

Many, yeah you guesssed it, Americans buy these well as they don't have much history I suppose they think that they can buy some, same as they think they can buy everything else.

A pommy mate bought a manorial Lordship (luvs being called the Lord of the Manor :o ) for just 10,000 quid at auction, however it’s in the County of Essex :D

A pommy mate bought a manorial Lordship (luvs being called the Lord of the Manor :o ) for just 10,000 quid at auction, however it’s in the County of Essex :D

Would that be Lord Twatsford of Upminister or Lord Crapton of Raintree?

:D

A pommy mate bought a manorial Lordship (luvs being called the Lord of the Manor :D ) for just 10,000 quid at auction, however it’s in the County of Essex :D

where in essex,

:o

A pommy mate bought a manorial Lordship (luvs being called the Lord of the Manor :D ) for just 10,000 quid at auction, however it’s in the County of Essex :D

There's at least two kind of "lordships" i know of. One is the true nobility title, the other is the lord of the manor. The later is very easy to get and the only difference is that lets say if your name is "John Smith" and your manor is called "Buttercake", the true nobility title would let you use the title of "Lord Buttercake" while the lord of the manor title would only let you use "John Smith of the Manor Buttercake".

You can also have a custom title registred with a UK government agency, i forgot the name, which will cost you only a few pounds and its perfectly legal. But for what? :o