Donald Trump Jr. hires lawyer for Russia probes

webfact

8 minutes ago, jb61 said:

A tempest in a tea pot.

yaaaaawnnnnnnnnnn

Hence the reasonable reaction of first denying, then deflecting, then quickly lawyering up.

T

Edited by Thakkar

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

New discovery...only guilty people appoint lawyers

Sure does look guilty when first you fail to report (as Kushner failed), then deny, then deflect, then, when that doesn't work, get a lawyer.

T

12 hours ago, tonray said:

My country is finished if nothing comes of all of this.

8 years of Whitewater, nearly 8 years of Benghazi/Email, and now this ?

If we cannot actually put some people in jail for breaking the laws even if they sit in high positions, we have no justice for the common man.

I think it was telling about changes in our society happening in the 90s until now. In the S&L debacle, I believe almost 1000 people were indicted and several hundred convicted with some jail time. During the financial crisis, not one indictment or conviction directly related to the crash of the economy due to mismanagement and fraud in the banking system and government.

We are done until the revolution which will likely not happen in our lifetime. I give up...I only have a few good years left and am going to stop worrying about it and enjoy my time here.

Too true - and not just America but most of not all of the Western democracies.

The political elite now rule rather than serve and as such as beyond reproach, above the law and no longer accountable.

Like you, I don't worry about it anymore, distasteful as it it, as I can't do anything at all about it. So enjoy the time I have left.

10 hours ago, PattayaJames said:

The whole thing is yet another, nothing burger.

But when you are in the middle of a rabid  pack of wolves baying for blood, you need all the protection you can get.

If a fully loaded cement truck smashes into the back of your car at 40 mph, is that also a 'nothing burger'?

6 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

The political elite now rule rather than serve and as such as beyond reproach, above the law and no longer accountable.

They always have.

They always will.

Threaten them, and you are dead.

Nothing to do with now, the '90's or any other decade in our lifetime...

Just now, iReason said:

They always have.

They always will.

Threaten them, and you are dead.

Nothing to do with now, the '90's or any other decade in our lifetime...

All used to be more "taste fully" incognito though, co-operation of the press, and slow public communications.

That damned internet, and information age! Hard to pretend now.

It's interesting to see how Trump fans try to spin this into a nothing burger.

It makes one wonder what their priorities are.   If the N.Koreans nuked Anchorage, would that be a 'nothing burger' for them?   If Russia mandated all US schools teach Russian as a required language and/or the ruble replace the dollar .....would those also be nothing burgers?

Outlandish, perhaps, but how much less outlandish is an adversarial power (Russia) successfully skewing a major US election by devious means and with assistance from the winning candidate and his cohorts.   To most Americans, that's akin to war.   To Trump fans, it's a nothing burger.   They'd rather wait around and see which dark skinned man is next to get beat up at a Trump rally. 

30 minutes ago, boomerangutang said:

It's interesting to see how Trump fans try to spin this into a nothing burger.

"Nothing burger" is just another parroted  phrase the simple minded grasp onto.

Very popular on You-Tube.

In fact, alot of them seem to pop up there first and are regurgitated on places like here.

Such marginalizing terms as:

libtard

libs

lefty

snowflake

communist

commie

Hillary lover

and so on...

And of course, any derogatory term that is "Tweeted" by the inept one,

is commonly used amongst the Lemmings by the very next day.

Edited by iReason

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Sure does look guilty when first you fail to report (as Kushner failed), then deny, then deflect, then, when that doesn't work, get a lawyer.

T

so now we're sentencing people on how things look, not on credible evidence…..lol

9 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

so now we're sentencing people on how things look, not on credible evidence…..lol

Who's sentencing him? I'm not, are you?

Does he, by his behavior make himself look guilty?

I think so.

T

10 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

You beat me to it

"The June 3, 2016, email sent to Donald Trump Jr. could hardly have been more explicit: One of his father’s former Russian business partners had been contacted by a senior Russian government official and was offering to provide the Trump campaign with dirt on Hillary Clinton."

"He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

Four days later, after a flurry of emails, the intermediary wrote back, proposing a meeting in New York on Thursday with a “Russian government attorney.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-russia-email-clinton.html

And I'm sure that Donald Jr., clearly being a very bright lad and not at all indiscreet like his father, never told Dad a thing about it.

Edited by ilostmypassword

28 minutes ago, Chou Anou said:

Funny thing is, I just heard MSNBC say that Donald Jr provided those emails of his own volition….if so, Im not sure why he would provide the rope to hang himself….doesnt sound like the burger we're all waiting for.

Edited by JHolmesJr

12 hours ago, Rancid said:

Meanwhile as the new McCarthyism (anyone remember those good old days of guilty until proven innocent) surges along, seems according to Forensicator that the Russian hacking of DNC never happened as forensic evidence shows it was a USB download and not a hack...oops. Let's see if we ever read about actual inconvenient evidence in the mainstream media.

As Trump Jr, if he's done something illegal then let him pay for it, or is this just another media feeding frenzy? Not up on US law, but the more politicians in jail the better.

Well, if the Forensicator says so, that must be the case. Now if you were only quoting some anonymous blog writer instead, I would be dubious.

Russian Dirt on Clinton? ‘I Love It,’ Donald Trump Jr. Said

"The documents “would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father,” read the email, written by a trusted intermediary, who added, “This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

"He replied within minutes: “If it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.”

"Four days later, after a flurry of emails,

the intermediary wrote back, proposing a meeting in New York on Thursday with a “Russian government attorney.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/11/us/politics/trump-russia-email-clinton.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

“This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but,

is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump.”

Along with the ineptness of the occupier of the White House,

the arrogance and pompousness of these fools will be their downfall.

Welcomed by the majority of Americans.

Excellent news! :thumbsup:

One can only imagine what the law authorities have on these bumbling fools.

And we have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

The scoundrels who infest the White House may be eradicated sooner than expected.

Then, America will be great again.

Edited by iReason

28 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Funny thing is, I just heard MSNBC say that Donald Jr provided those emails of his own volition….if so, Im not sure why he would provide the rope to hang himself….doesnt sound like the burger we're all waiting for.

And he just happened to release the emails now after the NY Times began disclosing their existence. An amazing coincidence!

46 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

MSNBC ?

Don't you guys call that "fake news"?

Meanwhile, in the great country of America, the wheels of justice are turning. :thumbsup:

And you ain't seen nothing yet.

In addition, as a patriotic American, you should be proud that a White House who is under investigation for obstruction of justice, collusion, fraud, racketeering, money laundering and espionage should be thoroughly scrutinized and prosecuted if necessary.

Right?

It seems appropriate to share a social media post purportedly by someone who went to college with Trump Jr.

If genuine*, it gives a bit of insight into Jr., the father and their relationship.

From twitter:

image1.JPG.fed4352cf0a8486a6526a58f653d0219.JPG

*seems to be genuine, because it's been up for a long time and, as far as I can tell, no one's credibly disputed it. Perhaps someone on TV can.

15 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

Can he also rent a better brain?  He's already admitted to meeting with a Russian agent in order to get dirt on HRC.  I'm sure Jared and Manafort are loving Don Jr. now.   Who will be the first to turn stool pigeon?  Oh wait, that role has already been filled:  we haven't heard peep from Flynn for weeks.  I'm sure the FBI and Special Counsel are filling notepads with Flynn's ratting.  

Prediction:   Flynn and Manafort and Carter Page will, respectively, be Trump's Enemies-of-the-Week within a month or two.  Trump is to loyalty, what a wolf is to a caribou carcass.

I am sure Homers brain is up for rent. 

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

It must be noted that Don Jr. released these messages minutes before the New York Times published a report after examining the same emails. CNN’s Brian Stelter revealed that Don Jr. pulled a sneaky trick on the NY Times — he requested time “to comment … and then pre-empted us.”

http://uproxx.com/news/don-jr-trump-emails-clinton-dirt/2/

19 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

It must be noted that Don Jr. released these messages minutes before the New York Times published a report after examining the same emails. CNN’s Brian Stelter revealed that Don Jr. pulled a sneaky trick on the NY Times — he requested time “to comment … and then pre-empted us.”

http://uproxx.com/news/don-jr-trump-emails-clinton-dirt/2/

Awww…..shucks. 

Seems more like a circumstantial burger, without direct involvement from the president.

Edited by JHolmesJr

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

There's already evidence galore, and we ain't seen a quarter of what's going to come down the tubes.  

Don Jr and all the other corrupt people around him only release info when they have to.  You'll notice, for example, Don Sr. couldn't deny the pussy-grabbing tape - because it was obvious who's voice was on it.  Instead, Trump has denied every other of the 13 or so allegations of him sexually assaulting women.  For one reason, and one reason only.  Not because they weren't true, but because THERE IS NO IRREFUTIBLE EVIDENCE OF IT, as there is with the pussy-grabbing tape.

Similarly, Don Jr, had to admit the meeting with the Russian agent.  If there wasn't tangible proof, he would have denied it, for the reasons I articulated in the above paragraph. 

Some times a Trump family member will deny something - even when there is solid proof, such as Trump saying he was against Iraq II, when he clearly said in a taped interview prior to the invasion, that he was in favor of it.    Another example:  When asked whether he had ever declared bankruptcy, he said he had never done that - while it's plain that that Trump has declared it at least 5 times.

Saying his head-honcho dad didn't know about the meeting involving his son, his son-in-law, and campaign manager, is beyond ridiculous. That same afternoon, was when Trump first tweeted about wanting to find HRC's emails.  It's not 'connect the dots' anymore.  It's connect the bomb craters.

Even most hard right-wingers admit this Russia-colluding-with-Trump thing is already bigger than Watergate.  For perspective, what follows is a list of Watergate veterans who got seriously penalized.

one presidential resignation

H.R. Haldeman and John Erlichman (White House staff), resigned 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed

John Dean (White House legal counsel), sacked 30 April 1973, subsequently jailed

John Mitchell, Attorney-General and Chairman of the Committee to Re-elect the President (CREEP), jailed

Howard Hunt and G. Gordon Liddy (ex-White House staff), planned the Watergate break-in, both jailed

Charles Colson, special counsel to the President, jailed

James McCord (Security Director of CREEP), jailed

and 40 other government officials indicted or jailed

Note:  what Kushner, Don Jr, Manafort, Flynn, Carter Page, Pence (lying incessantly), and about 15 other Trump insiders are doing (and have done) are worse than what Watergate criminals did.  Possible additions: one or more of Trump's lawyers, particularly Cohen.  Possibly Bannon, Priebus, Eric Trump, and Ivanka will be added to the list of law-breakers.  The list could expand.

44 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

It seems appropriate to share a social media post purportedly by someone who went to college with Trump Jr.

If genuine*, it gives a bit of insight into Jr., the father and their relationship.

From twitter:

image1.JPG.fed4352cf0a8486a6526a58f653d0219.JPG

*seems to be genuine, because it's been up for a long time and, as far as I can tell, no one's credibly disputed it. Perhaps someone on TV can.

One could almost feel sorry for Donald Jr................NOT! 

Now Donald Jr has just tweeted out all his very very incriminating emails, I imagine the White House is now in melt down. I wonder if Donald Jr hated daddy so much he wants to stick the knife in himself. I doubt the release today by Jr has improved that Father Son relationship!!

Awww…..shucks. 

Seems more like a circumstantial burger, without direct involvement from the president.

You sure have a thing for burgers. Careful or you might choke on one.

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

Awww…..shucks. 

So the nothing burger has gone to a circumstantial burger, just wait for what comes out over the next few weeks and your circumstantial burger will be a great big fat double Trump burger. Tired of winning yet?

Interesting that the Jr emails give more absolute credibility to the 'dossier' that Trump denies is true (the one including the urinating hookers in Moscow). Bit by bit that dossier is now being proven to be accurate. I wonder when we get the video release of the Moscow Hotel? A triple cheesy Trump golden shower Burger awaits.

Edited by Andaman Al

4 hours ago, dunroaming said:

JHolmesJr  seems to be the only one here defending his hero.  Surely he needs some back up?  You can't expect him to keep batting away on his own.  Far too one sided at the moment.

Very one sided for sure.  But impossible to defend the Trump family now.  The truth is out.  Enough with the lies from this family.  Hopefully his supporters will wake up and see what's really going on.  Sadly, a few never will.