Thai soldiers arrest Israeli businessmen

webfact

Thai soldiers arrest Israeli businessmen

Thai soldiers raid clinic, find weapons; brother of arrested Israeli says he didn't do anything illegal, clinic is nonprofit.

The Thailand military on Saturday raided Israeli businesses and arrested Israeli business owner Nati Hadad, who runs the Koh Samui Search and Rescue Medical Center.

According to reports, Thai soldiers found several weapons - including guns and ammunition - during a search of Hadad's clinic.

The soldiers also raided the local Chabad House. On Saturday, Hadad's brother Eliran published a video on the business' Facebook page asking the public for help.

Full story: http://www.newsjs.com/url.php?p=http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/232172

-- ARUTZ SHEVA 2017-07-11

after black skinned gang now which color is middle east gang? Yellow or white? Y not use the same headlines as the skin color is so relevant in Thailand. THAI SOLDIERS ARRESTED MIDDLE EAST GANG OR JEWISH GANG.

• Like 2

The Chabad House next to Khasosan also had at least weapons stored before the coup and they also maintained some high communication antennas. All Chabad Houses upgraded their security after the Mumbai attacks and I would say its a normal security procedure. If they have a pistol inside the building concealed or locked up I think it would be acceptable. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MobileContent said:

The Chabad House next to Khasosan also had at least weapons stored before the coup and they also maintained some high communication antennas. All Chabad Houses upgraded their security after the Mumbai attacks and I would say its a normal security procedure. If they have a pistol inside the building concealed or locked up I think it would be acceptable. 

That's a good point that security would be needed in the wake of the Mumbai Islamist terror attack on many innocent people, but makes me wonder if they asked the Thai authorities for such protection first and if so, what was the response. That would be normal way to operate in a foreign country. 

Edited by Jingthing

14 hours ago, Raymonddiaz said:

after black skinned gang now which color is middle east gang? Yellow or white? Y not use the same headlines as the skin color is so relevant in Thailand. THAI SOLDIERS ARRESTED MIDDLE EAST GANG OR JEWISH GANG.

Olive? 

Israelis have a variety of skin colors, including pale white, olive, ginger, brown, and black. 

I think if yellow except for the tiny minority of Chinese Jews, better check for hepatitis. 

But you've got a point about Thai headlines. Quite often not at all politically correct. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MobileContent said:

If they had a licence for the weapons, yes. If not, no. If they don't want to accept the laws of Thailand, they can go elsewhere.

11 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

Oh boy hope they are not playing with Mossad cause if the do ....

Please stop peddling this crud. Lowlife criminals are lowlife criminals. If they had the protection of the state, they wouldn't be begging for 100,000 shekels on their Facebook page. Pathetic.

37 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Now, that's gangsta! (If true.)

A team of soldiers, police and public health officials raided the Doctor Sam clinic in Bo Phut yesterday evening (July 7) following a complaint that a gang of Israeli nationals who gathered there were demanding protection fees from foreigners running businesses on the tourist island.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/samui-clinic-said-to-be-foreign-gangster-hangout-62949.php

It's clear that they masquerade as police, as shown by the paraphernalia on the table in front of him.

Edited by JamJar

1 hour ago, JamJar said:

http://www.thephuketnews.com/samui-clinic-said-to-be-foreign-gangster-hangout-62949.php

It's clear that they masquerade as police, as shown by the paraphernalia on the table in front of him.

Yes I can see that and it definitely sounds very incriminating, but I don't necessarily automatically believe everything I read in the papers here. 

On 7/10/2017 at 8:41 PM, Thechook said:

So as the military still have their arrest powers and control it would be safe to assume the country is still under martial law 3 & half years later.

The police seem to rarely be doing anything without first contacting the military. 

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Self serving lowlife scum bag. 

Used his position as a volunteer to the police to serve himself and his friends. Lowlife.

Yeah, seems like a croc.  Read the linked article and the guy says he didn't where those other guns  came from, or how they got in his clinic.  Of course even running a volunteer clinic requires a work permit and proper visa.  Got one?  Doubtful.  And trying to extort money in a foreign country when there are police and military about.  Pretty hard to be able to keep doing that unless you pay off a lot of folks. So I say give em a nice fun stay in one of the fine Thai prisons, then of course ban them permanently.  Frankly, if they survive the prison and get sent home, they would probably be more miserable doing nothing in their home country while longing for the fun of Thailand.  But I say give em the Monkey house so they have something to compare it against

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes I can see that and it definitely sounds very incriminating, but I don't necessarily automatically believe everything I read in the papers here

I know that you really want to believe in your fellow Jews, but there are people on Samui who know of this character, riding up and down Chaweng acting like an official.

Look at his Facebook page, with pictures of himself leaning into pictures with the police and pictured in situations that simply did not warrant it, wearing a T-Shirt with Police written on it and accompanying paraphernalia.

Claiming that he had a BB gun(why?) and denying all knowledge of the real guns and ammunition.

I guess he thought that his cosying up to the police as a volunteer and posting the pictures on his Facebook page gave him a veneer of 'untouchability'. Happily the military thought otherwise.

Malicious hands indeed: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4986242,00.html

Then his "clinic", in order to make serious money from exorbitant insurance claims.

Israeli nightclub....why does Samui need an Israeli nightclub? Do they need that kind of segregation?

• Like 2

I know that you really want to believe in your fellow Jews, but there are people on Samui who know of this character, riding up and down Chaweng acting like an official.

Look at his Facebook page, with pictures of himself leaning into pictures with the police and pictured in situations that simply did not warrant it, wearing a T-Shirt with Police written on it and accompanying paraphernalia.

Claiming that he had a BB gun(why?) and denying all knowledge of the real guns and ammunition.

I guess he thought that his cosying up to the police as a volunteer and posting the pictures on his Facebook page gave him a veneer of 'untouchability'. Happily the military thought otherwise.

Malicious hands indeed: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4986242,00.html

Then his "clinic", in order to make serious money from exorbitant insurance claims.

Israeli nightclub....why does Samui need an Israeli nightclub? Do they need that kind of segregation?

You don't have the right to change the emphasis of other people's quotes. 

I agree the accused has a lot of evidence against him. It sounds very bad. I'm fully aware that the Jewish people include some criminals and bad guys like any other group.

I still don't have the highest regard for the press here. In general.

Let the case play out in court and as with anyone anywhere hope there is a fair trial.

As far as a need for an Israeli nightclub that's a stupid question. If Israelis want to party together perhaps enjoying their own music that's not any more a mystery than any other specialized nightclub in Thailand such as for Indians. Thailand is a capitalist country. If there's a market for something with a different identity some people will probably try to provide it. That in itself should not be a problem.

I get it that a lot of people hate young Israeli tourists and the fact that many of them do indeed want to hang out with each other while abroad. It seems to me it's their business who they want to hang out with just like any other people or group.

On ‎11‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Ulic said:

Not sure what the clinic being a not for profit makes it OK to have weapons but it that

is going to be the basis of his defence good luck to him.

Claim they found weapons ?  Possibly yet another attack against a wealthy foreigner.  It is not unknown for evidence to be planted you know !!!

• Like 1

Of course instead of dealing with the reality, it is easier to hide behind the curtain of anti-semitism. Like an alcoholic denying that he has a problem. Easier to brush it off than to look within.   So, as I stated, I know that you don't want to think badly of your Israeli brothers, but they have a bad reputation.You will of course deny that but I can't see any other explanation than obsession with Israelis having fun that doesn't include you. It doesn't include me either. Just like an Indian nightclub does not. Live and let live dude.

So no if they want to hang out with each other, they should do so in Israel. Travel is suppose to broaden the mind.

No need to create a mini Israel in Samui.

I'll let the toxic bias in your rant speak for itself.  

I see your post as a baiting attempt. Best to not take it.

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'll let the toxic bias in your rant speak for itself.

There was no rant. Just fait accompli.

You have no reply because I already blocked your victim complex/anti-semitism routes.

My opinions have been formed solely from experience, not preconception. I have been truly shocked by the behaviour that I have witnessed over the years. 

I held back talking about it, as I didn't want people to think that I was anti-semitic. But when I first raised it in conversation, I was inundated with other people's personal experiences. Not just travellers personal experiences, but hotel staff, restaurant staff, gym staff.

So Jingthing, you really have to get over the persecution complex and look at the reality on the ground. Is Jewish self hate going to be your next route?

You did note that I linked to Jewish and Israeli articles, lest you try to accuse of anti-semitism etc.

No, I write only the truth. I don't concern myself with issues of race and religion, unless it affects the quality of my life and others perhaps close to me.

So if you tried to accuse me of such, I would rightly slap you down.

Face the truth.