Govt Approves 8.8 Billion Baht Combat Jet Deal

snoop1130

12 hours ago, overherebc said:

Serious question only to do with numbers.

Can someone please post 1 billion and one trillion as is understood? ie 1 and the required number of zeros.

Or write it as 1 million million or 1000 million whatever, I really don't understand it.

1000 one thousand

1 000 000 one million

1 000 000 000 one trillion

1 000 000 000 000 one billion

yanks have a different way of doing it that i dont quite understand. thing they just go in multiples of a thousand after getting to one million.

i hope there is enough money left over for the 7 million new people who signed up for welfare.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And how exactly is it transparent when no one can see any of the documents to check?

Oh well, at least they will have something to look for the sub with when it sinks.

HaHa I don't think an aircraft of this category is in any way suitable for searching for a sunk submarine--------- try a helicopter with underwater detection equipment !!!!!!! Or was that just a stupid off the cuff comment

Edited by biplanebluey
spelling mistake

Thailand burns all its garbage still out in the open and pollutes the heck out of itself in many other way. How about the traffic deaths, teenage pregnancies and mosquito related diseases? One would think that there are so many more important priorities before spending heavily on renewing military materials without any serious threats for ages.

I feel so sorry for Thailand. 

13 hours ago, midas said:

Good grief submarines and now new fighter jets:shock1:

I wonder who they're expecting will invade Thailand?

Maybe the military are planning an invasion? Of Koh Samui, Koh Tao etc.? Clean out the 'rotten apples'? :whistling:

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

What can you do with new subs, tanks, helicopters and now fighter jets when you don't have trained personnel to operate or maintain them? Use them as large paper weights?

They use the aircraft carrier as a tourist attraction, maybe they can place  them next to the noodle and souvenir stalls on the flight deck as exhibits to show off their military power.

1 hour ago, pon2007 said:

No working street lights and potholes big as wheelbarrow in my Bangkok road/soi, but these people splurging millions/billions of taxpayers money for their own benefit and ego!

Ridiculous expenditures.  Put more money into the countries infrastructure, train tracks, railroad crossings, upgraded BTS Skytrain.

1 hour ago, inThailand said:

What can you do with new subs, tanks, helicopters and now fighter jets when you don't have trained personnel to operate or maintain them? Use them as large paper weights?

Put them on a stick outside your bloated military base.

They need all these toys to fight corruption? Its that bad?

Are Thais really this scarred of their governments that they cant even say Boo or just ignorant?.

Cleanup Corruption, Schooling System/Education, Healthcare, Flooding and Disaster prevention, Roads & Rules..... And so on. Wouldn't that be more important than a few jets that could be taken out in seconds by a competent country. Why bother.... ? Would be better to invest in future ready weapons if need be. Pilots wont need to be flying the planes so why bother getting trainers?

Is this country insane? The mentality that opts for these stupid decisions is frightening. I hate to say it but when i see the PM on the tv i dont think "Army General" and certainly not "PM". I think Fat little baby that was never good at anything with an un measurable desire to prove hes special in some way. How in hell is he where he is?

Really. How dumb is everyone involved in aiding this moron. Since this guys appeared corruption seems to be out of control.

I personally foresee a Future in the rest of the world anyway where wars will no longer be needed as i think people are evolving to a point of being able to sort differences better ways knowing full well with technological advancements that we could literally destroy the earth as we know it in a heartbeat so bargaining over whos got the button ends up being irrelevant. Not here though!. Its Backwards...We need slaves, with guns, egos, tanks, guns and a dam time machine to go back to world war 2 times and show everyone Thais (PM) can do something that people would have recognized as influential and significant in the world.

Get over yourselves Thailand and think yourselves lucky and move forward.

On the other hand if it were for making sure countries like north korea never have there hand on the button im all for it but i think Thailand shouldn't be one of these countries until they can atleast have a PM they vote for. Not a scarred little pshyco wana be killer with something to prove but nothing in the bag.....

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Air Force sources said that the South Korean aircraft’s features are similar to the F-16 fighters but they are less expensive.

For real?! SMH

It would seem as though Thailand has somehow created a new and different meaning for the English word "transparency."

The purchase would be done in a government-to-government deal, according to Deputy Prime Minister Prawit Wongsuwan. “The deal will be done transparently,” he told reporters after the Cabinet meeting.

Documents and details on the Cabinet’s approval were not revealed as they were marked confidential, a usual practice when the government considers procurement of military hardware.

22 minutes ago, quadperfect said:

Clearly thailand plans to invade .

Why are the military spending so much money on re-arming? To protect or invade? NO!

Just making sure of their military strength to defend their positions internally against future Governments who may wish to control the country (and maybe reform it for the better). Cynicism maybe, but could also be the uncomfortable truth. 

23 hours ago, midas said:

Good grief submarines and now new fighter jets:shock1:

I wonder who they're expecting will invade Thailand?

According to the Thai Tourist Authority - quality tourists  - more and more every month!

18 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Probably not but they have better quality amulets.

I wouldn't criticize, Thai fighter pilots can match the Allies in dog fights during exercises, they come down to Oz quiet often and join the guy's and young galls , they are pretty good pilots, put it this way they know their trade.

9 minutes ago, chainarong said:

I wouldn't criticize, Thai fighter pilots can match the Allies in dog fights during exercises, they come down to Oz quiet often and join the guy's and young galls , they are pretty good pilots, put it this way they know their trade.

Lighten up chainarong. Have you not a grain of humour in you? I was hardly being serious about Thai pilots and their amulets.