Pillow storage for garden (waterproof)

paahlman

Where in Phuket can I buy something like this.. ? I have tried the most common places in phuket town, homepro, index, homeworks, sb furniture, Mai mee...

It can also be dark brown rattan, but need space for at least 20 60x60 cm pillows for my sala. I attach a picture...The picture is from keter which does not sent it here. I have hear that Global up north east have something, but thats just too much.. Lazada got nothing.

Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 20.01.08.png

1 hour ago, paahlman said:

Because it would not be correct ... It does not match the rest of the villa. There has to be other solutions.

In that case, get one custom made at a furniture shop.

Intercraft on Chao Fah West road will do it.

Edited by KarenBravo

You could combine the two suggestions given by KB above. Use one of those common ice chests as the "core" in order to guarantee that the container would be waterproof. Then, have a local carpenter build a wooden shell around the plastic cooler and a wood top so that you all you would see is a nice wood piece of outdoor furniture.

Perhaps you could use KB's suggestion and buy some vinyl paint, or plastic paint, and paint it the color you want.

Cheap solution, with multipurpose options, and should match your villa. 

Edited by NamKangMan

18 hours ago, Phuketscooter said:

Go to IKEA and order it there or Lasada.co.th and order it on internet and pay for it, as it coms to your house.

Neither Ikea(bang na bkk) or Lazada have it..Not even the correct size.. NOTHING that resembles it at all....

18 hours ago, DrDave said:

You could combine the two suggestions given by KB above. Use one of those common ice chests as the "core" in order to guarantee that the container would be waterproof. Then, have a local carpenter build a wooden shell around the plastic cooler and a wood top so that you all you would see is a nice wood piece of outdoor furniture.

Guys and girls.. You are missing the point..

This is something you have to walk 100 meter to find in any store in the rest of the world.. I have tried for 6 years to find it in Thailand.. WHY dont they sell it? It amazes me....

3 hours ago, paahlman said:

This is something you have to walk 100 meter to find in any store in the rest of the world.. I have tried for 6 years to find it in Thailand.. WHY dont they sell it? It amazes me....

There is no helping some people????:wacko:

4 hours ago, paahlman said:

6 years ? might be some sort of a fetish laaaa

7 hours ago, paahlman said:

Like many items not available here, possibly because it doesn't make good business sense for the retailers in Thailand to sell these. Maybe the market for this type of item isn't big enough to justify the expense of importation and inventory.  Or maybe due to importation logistics and duty, the cost would be prohibitively high for most potential consumers.

Now, turn it around. Think about all of the products readily available in Thailand, but not in your home country. Why is that?

I bought one from Homepro in the Tesco Lotus complex, in black faux leather (poly) which doubles as a bench-seat and the make is "Furdini". Also saw them in brown.........but not rattan.

PS. Don't know how waterproof it would be, but could be ok if not directly exposed to the elements.

Edited by xylophone

Ok xylophone.. Thanks... Will check that out again... Was there a month ago., but you never know...

No.. its not a fetish.. Many people have pillows in garden and in their salas.. It should be a compulsory asset to have in most shops... What does hotels do....? Carry the pillows 50 meters everyday into their basement? It has to be an easier way... but then again.. Maybe not...

Worst case I bring one on the plane... I never carry any luggage at all anyway.. All is here so no need to bring anything.. maybe exept this monster waterproof pillow compartment...hehe..

33 minutes ago, paahlman said:

Ok xylophone.. Thanks... Will check that out again... Was there a month ago., but you never know...

No.. its not a fetish.. Many people have pillows in garden and in their salas.. It should be a compulsory asset to have in most shops... What does hotels do....? Carry the pillows 50 meters everyday into their basement? It has to be an easier way... but then again.. Maybe not...

Worst case I bring one on the plane... I never carry any luggage at all anyway.. All is here so no need to bring anything.. maybe exept this monster waterproof pillow compartment...hehe..

As an afterthought (as you mentioned hotels) this place is huge and seems to have everything from pillows to pots and all manner of hotel supplies (don't be put off by the website which seems limited) http://www.floralhotelsupply.com/  and may be worth a visit.

Other than that have you tried the huge Supercheap store in Phuket town?

Have a look at vistrades.com (Storage, Outdoor and then boxes).  They have a box which looks very close to your picture - called the Novel 90 - but at 7000 baht.  Color is cream/darkbrown lid.

Another store that may have a storage solution - and approachable prices (when on sale) is LF Outdoor.  They can be found on Facebook, and have a store in Bangkok & Boat Avenue in Phuket.

38 minutes ago, paahlman said:

Thanks... Will try the one in boaat lagoon... problem is the price also.. You can buy it here in Norway for 1200 baht... Compared to 7k it makes sense to bring it...

C

Dear Paahlman You chose to come and live in Thailand I presume?

If you cannot adapt to the availability of goods that are here and you are loathe to pay expensive

prices for the specially imported goods you want i have to ask what on earth are you doing here?

This applies to anywhere not just Thailand. Or perhaps you have the money but are just tight.

How about one of those larger wheelybins?  I'm sure I've seen then here.

596b43fd9d42f_WheelyBins!.jpg.14ec4a01509546ab2a77d1128beece38.jpg  Storage!.jpg.ce682d414ceafa2a1cca4f10d4cf014d.jpg

Useful for wheeling round to collect the pillows or just take the wheels off.

:smile: 

Where do you buy that storage bin ( 2nd photo ) am wanting something like that myself.
The vistrades.com mentioned earlier didn't show anything.

11 hours ago, phuketjock said:

Dear Paahlman You chose to come and live in Thailand I presume?

If you cannot adapt to the availability of goods that are here and you are loathe to pay expensive

prices for the specially imported goods you want i have to ask what on earth are you doing here?

This applies to anywhere not just Thailand. Or perhaps you have the money but are just tight.

Do not worry about me.. 

I have lived in Phuket for 20 years already and know about that..

I just find it strange that such a normal thing as a pillow storage in the garden is so difficult to find.. Thats all..I am not tight at all.. But there is a limit for throwing money away.

10 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Where do you buy that storage bin ( 2nd photo ) am wanting something like that myself.
The vistrades.com mentioned earlier didn't show anything.

Erm!   No idea it's just an image I got from a wheelybin search

Sorry :sad:

The large outdoor garbage bins with wheels are available everywhere. They are rain proof and would provide a similar amount of storage capacity as the object you posted. But if you are stuck on getting a solution that fits your decor, I would just get something made. I can't imagine that your sala features a lot of black plastic objects like the one you posted. So I assume you were going to hide it somehow anyway.

11 hours ago, paahlman said:

Do not worry about me.. 

I have lived in Phuket for 20 years already and know about that..

I just find it strange that such a normal thing as a pillow storage in the garden is so difficult to find.. Thats all..I am not tight at all.. But there is a limit for throwing money away.

You may not be aware of this paahlman but us normal people don't have a need for garden pillow stowage containers

that is something that is generally reserved for people with large gardens with swimming pools and such, you know

rich people who can generally buy anything they think they need for their little slice of paradise, so if you are not tight

as you say just go for it paahlman.

19 hours ago, paahlman said:

Thanks

Did not notice that.

Well here are some more options, but you will have to contact them for prices, but as they are imported from the US...:

http://www.addon2.com/product-detail.php?id=68593

ProductThumb_39587_893341876_fullsize.jp

They have some other stuff like that there.

HomePro has bigger Keter options available:

https://www.homepro.co.th/category/80446

http://www.hishershopsmart.com/cabinets-keter-space-wonders-base-hkt17201401.html

ssss25.jpg