Busts on human trafficking double

geovalin

Operations against human trafficking networks increased by a whopping 127 percent compared to the same period in 2016, according to a six-month report released yesterday by the National Committee for Counter Trafficking (NCCT).

The report states that in the first six months of 2017, authorities launched 66 “crackdowns” – or investigations and raids on human trafficking networks – a marked increase over the 29 crackdowns executed during the same period last year. This year’s crackdowns resulted in 87 suspects being sent to court, compared to 70 in the same period last year.

Speaking at the launch of the report, Permanent Vice Chair of the NCCT Chou Bun Eng said the “increase is because of our efforts”, but did not elaborate on any other reasons behind the enormous spike.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/busts-human-trafficking-double

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 12/07

pretty meaningless, the only case I heard of was where a guy arranged for some women to go to japan to work as prostitutes. as far as I know it was all voluntary and all parties knew what the deal was so I wouldnt call that trafficking. Im not saying they dont have some genuine cases, but who knows, its seems they cant be open about it so maybe they dont. why keep it a secret?