The Blue house book for your condo

The Blue housebook some people get when they buy a condo, do you gain anything in having it? I got the question from a friend that didn't got a book and asked if he should get one. When you can't have your name and be registrered in it, is there any point in getting it?

A blue book , issued with a foreign owned condo, would list any Thai people that live at the condo (wife, GF, kids). Otherwise it would remain blank and The foreigner would go in a yellow book for the same condo. (blue book would be required to get a yellow book)

Odd that your friend didnt get a blue book as they are usually issued by the land office, with the chanote, at the time of purchase.

3 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

And you can't use it as proof of your adress or proof of condo ownership either?

Proof of address is a utility bill, or a residence certificate from immigration.

Proof of ownership is the chanote.

10 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

Do you have the blue book? And have never used it for anything? And you can't use it as proof of your adress or proof of condo ownership either?

My blue book has my name on it. However only on the inside cover.

Why do you say it not proof of my address.?

Immigration  have accepted it every time that I have presented it. Recently I needed  a residence certificate .-motor bike transaction -It worked fine

I have just recently signed up with 3BB -They accepted it.

I do not use it every day -but for certain I am better off with it than being without it.

13 hours ago, Delight said:

Immigration  have accepted it every time that I have presented it. Recently I needed  a residence certificate .-motor bike transaction -It worked fine

I do not use it every day -but for certain I am better off with it than being without it.

I didn't say it's not a proof of the adress. I asked a question with a question mark after the sentence.

13 hours ago, Delight said:

My condo blue book has the developers name and I have used it with out fail many many times to obtain a residence certificate and registration of my address. Surprisingly, they never have asked to see my condo title deed listing me as the owner.

17 hours ago, Delight said:

To get a residence certificate I just show my electricity bill.

To sign up for 3BB I just showed my driving licence.

I dont really see the value of the blue book. To be worth anything to me it would have to replace the residence certificate.

9 hours ago, KittenKong said:

To get a residence certificate I just show my electricity bill.

To sign up for 3BB I just showed my driving licence.

I dont really see the value of the blue book. To be worth anything to me it would have to replace the residence certificate.

I not suggesting that there are no work a rounds.

I,saying that I find it useful.

Particularly, I suspect, for those who do not receive utility bills (like me -the condo bills me), and for those without a driving licence -like others.

Given that it is for free I cannot see why you are labouring the point.

Nobody is forcing you to have one.

I suspect that nobody is interested in your views

8 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

When I signed up for 3BB I just showed them a picture of my passport that was in my phone

Would you expect that method  to work should you require a residence certificate ?

12 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

It did work :) 

Presumably you have some special status that is detailed on your passport/phone

Are you actually stating that you got a residence certificate without submitting any detail of your residence?

Also you would have had to do more than just;'show'

A hard copy would have to be extracted.

Your story sounds highly implausible

7 hours ago, bangkoklasse said:

I started the thread and I'm not interested in your whining......

The question that   you posed in essence requested a  list  benefits of Blue Book owner ship

I have answered the Q as posed

Kittenkong ,on the other hand , has answered a Q that was not posed

i.e  a  list reasons for NOT owning a Blue Book

If I am whining , and I don’t think that I am , it is because some of your replies are littered with falsehoods.

3 hours ago, Delight said:

The question that   you posed in essence requested a  list  benefits of Blue Book owner ship

I have answered the Q as posed

Kittenkong ,on the other hand , has answered a Q that was not posed

i.e  a  list reasons for NOT owning a Blue Book

Surely "no benefit" is a valid entry on the list of possible benefits? Just like "studio" is a valid entry in the list of the number of bedrooms a condo can have.

27 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Surely "no benefit" is a valid entry on the list of possible benefits? Just like "studio" is a valid entry in the list of the number of bedrooms a condo can have.

You are confusing BENEFITS  with FEATURES

If a  condo is supplied with a BlueBook   that is  a feature.

If the same Bluebook appeals to the motives of the user -then it is a benefit

The OP's seemed to struggle to find any benefits of the Blue book - and was simply seeking advice.

Obviously you are satisfied with the alternative systems that you employ and given that you have never actually used a Bluebook then you are not truly  in a position to offer advice

27 minutes ago, Delight said:

Obviously you are satisfied with the alternative systems that you employ and given that you have never actually used a Bluebook then you are not truly  in a position to offer advice

LOL.

Did Einstein ever travel faster than light?

Archived