Entry denied Bangkok Airport

i'd like to know how many visas u have had and  how long u have stayed OUT of Thailand between these visas.Traveling in asia for 1.5years

and if u really have had tourist visas each time or visa exempt entries,

without seeing his passport none of us will know

Edited by phuketrichard
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, perthperson said:

Your information source is wrong. "They" do not have to ship a person anywhere,  The problem belongs to the individual and the airline they traveled with.  

Deportation cannot occur if an individual is denied entry.

Deportation is the process to remove somebody from a particular country because of certain laws and regulations.

You're right, as the OP did never really enter Thailand and is now held in a cell awaiting deportation? You can't be deported from a country that you've never entered. 

7 hours ago, Nemesis7 said:

Having a visa doesn't mean you have the right to enter it totally friends on the immigration authorities at the check point. Besides I'm sure some facts are missing here or else in my personal opinion no reason they will deny entry and most interestingly keep you st detention center. 

There are 2 key facts missing. The age and nationality of the OP. They can make a big difference.

All he has to do is convince Immigration that he has plenty of money and doesn't have to work. If he's travelling on a shoestring budget, that may be a problem. Thailand doesn't seem to appreciate low budget tourists these days.

Edited by tropo

1 minute ago, perthperson said:

Where did you get this information from ? 

From the OP and about 25 posts. Not trying to play with words now, but he was denied entry and calling it deportation seems a bit strange to me. I could be wrong, sorry. 

That might be the only possible way to prevent the OP from entering Thailand. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

If the OP ever returns to this thread, I am quite curious to know what the facilities in the detention area are like. Are there beds? Place to shower? etc

yes they have bunk beds and showers. A lot more comfortable than IDC.

5 minutes ago, tropo said:

There are 2 key facts missing. The age and nationality of the OP. They can make a big difference.

All he has to do is convince Immigration that he has plenty of money and doesn't have to work. If he's travelling on a shoestring budget, that may be a problem. Thailand doesn't seem to appreciate low budget tourists these days.

There's a post somewhere. Dutch, 37, or 38. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, perthperson said:

Where did you get this information from ? 

Mianoisadme is correct. The OP is mistaken. He is not being deported as he has not entered TH. So repatriation rules don't apply. He is being refused entry and will stay in airport detention until he buys a ticket out. 

7 minutes ago, Mianoinadme said:

There's a post somewhere. Dutch, 37, or 38. 

Well, that's the problem. He's young and has been travelling as a tourist for a long while. It would seem irregular. In cases like these, it would be necessary to prove substantial funds to allay their suspicions that he could be working.

Edited by tropo

5 hours ago, Shroud said:

@Kohphanganlover

Perhaps you could answer the following questions below in order for me to get a clear view of the situation your are in. 

1) For how long have you been in Thailand?

2) How many Tourist Visas do you have in your passport, plus types of visas e.g. Multiple Entry, Single Entry etc.

3) When was the last time you visited your home country?

4) Have you ever applied for a tourist visa in your home country?

5) Do you have any overstays in your passport?

6) Is your Passport valid for more than six months?

7) Have you had trouble with entering Thailand before?

8) Do you have any criminal background?

Looking forward to your response. 

Sorry, but I'd like to add 1 more question.

9) Have you ever had troubles with the police on Ko Phangan? Or those without a uniform who only wanted to see your passport and left with 200 baht?

Edited by Mianoinadme
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MartinBKK said:

Maybe he is on a flight to somewhere. Can't imagine he will want to hang around there for long.

His answer is going to be that he's spent like 11 of the last 15 months in Thailand on visa free entry or tourist visas.

3 minutes ago, Mianoinadme said:

Plus a bad internet connection that's not always working, see OP's post.

the OP's name  at the foot of page under recently browsing has been there all the time and the profile shows the last visit was just 17 minutes ago and yet  can't answer any one of the many questions posed?

• Like 1

OP probably has been travelling in and out of the country for years and essentially still living here for years on tourist visas. AFAIK even if OP did have a tourists visa he/she can still be refused entry at passport control (?)

I mean I do feel some sympathy because quite honestly Thailand was more appealing when there things were more chilled for foreigners, especially regarding visas, but there is more to this story than the OP let on.

Edited by kevozman1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Asiantravel said:

the OP's name  at the foot of page under recently browsing has been there all the time and the profile shows the last visit was just 17 minutes ago and yet  can't answer any one of the many questions posed?

Hey but we all had a good chat and shared some useful information. And no one got nasty :)

5 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

Hey but we all had a good chat and shared some useful information. And no one got nasty :) This is a shot from inside.

airport detention cell.jpg

Edited by asean

1 minute ago, kevozman1 said:

OP probably has been travelling in and out of the country for years and essentially still living here for years. AFAIK even if OP did have a tourists visa he/she can still be refused entry at passport control (?)

I mean I do feel some sympathy because quite honestly Thailand was more appealing when there things were more chilled for foreigners, especially regarding visas, but there is more to this story than the OP let on.

Well, I'm not a cop, but considering the OP's age, then being jobless, ( maybe he's got 1 on KP), then the travel history and his love to Koh Panghan would create quite a few questions for a cop. 

10 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

and just minutes after I posted this remark the OP's name disappeared from the bottom of the page after being there for the last 12 hours:giggle:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Asiantravel said:

and just minutes after I posted this remark the OP's name disappeared from the bottom of the page after being there for the last 12 hours:giggle:

Yep, something smells fishy here. AT, he's really gone... :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by Mianoinadme

Just now, jphripjah said:

Why do you think he's going home?

He should just go where everyone else who the Thais don't want goes.

Cambodia.

Not all bad.  Less 50+ whinging barangs there I should imagine, for various reasons. Not sure why a 20something farang would want to come to Thailand anymore anyway. I mean 2000-2010 it was fashionable and exciting. Nowadays you will just be rubbing shirts with locals whose fun interactions is now limited to them trying to sell you shit, whinging old Farangs and hoards of Russian, Chinese and Indain tourists. I know if I was a youngster I would be looking at Cambodia or elsewhere.