Entry denied Bangkok Airport

Just now, yellowboat said:

Wasn't there some ASEAN rule where if you get rejected by one country you could not go to another country unless you had current visa is use like a work permit or perhaps the Cambodian long term visas ?

I think the fact that you have an active work permit frm another country would mitigate the fear of you working.  The challenge is if you do the 6 month leave for a month and come back with a fresh 6 month I think

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

A new passport will not change what is in the Immigration Database, but might not "look as bad" to an IO flipping through the pages.  OTOH, if they have a new 'alert' based on time spent in-county (per another report - 'computer says' - and not from too many visa-exempts), it may make no difference at all.

All land borders except Poipet/Aranyaprathet would work, if one has 20K Baht to show - based on what we know right now.

As another pointed out, there is no way to prove you do not "intend to work illegally" - any more than prove you do not "intend to rob a bank."  Although "suspicion" is not in the law/order, if this rationale will be used as a reason for denial, there is no way to "prove a negative" - so anyone not holding a Thai work-permit could be denied at any time.  Even someone on an Elite Visa "might intend" to work illegally - though the included payment, some of which undoubtedly goes into well-connected pockets, makes that scenario for denial highly-unlikely.

Yes.  As they do not say "how many is too many" or "how much time is too long" - completely arbitrary. 
And, just this one deportation cost several "Thai's monthly income" of funds into the economy, even if he lives a frugal (by Western standards) lifestyle.  When business-incomes drop, people are fired.  It seems they don't care if Cambodians and Vietnamese get jobs, in place of unemployed Thais - as foreigners re-locate to those countries, who are very welcoming.  Looking at construction sites, it appears they don't even care if Thai's jobs are stolen within Thailand by foreigners - as long as a Farang isn't working it.

Most countries don't like you entering as a tourist for more than 6 months in a year ........ I'm guessing he had 3 previous tourist VISAs this year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Wasn't there some ASEAN rule where if you get rejected by one country you could not go to another country unless you had current visa is use like a work permit or perhaps the Cambodian long term visas ?

There is no such  ASEAN rule although any country can decline entry to someone who has been refused elsewhere. 

However, Laos does not allow entry by air to those with overstay stamps in their passport.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JackThompson said:

How do jobs pay in Austrailia and New Zealand, relative to Thailand?

Jobs in Aus and NZ by in accord with those countries cost of living. More pay, generally speaking in Aus than NZ which is why Aus is popular with New Zealanders who seek employment ! 

• Like 1

Having a visa doesn't mean you have the right to enter it totally friends on the immigration authorities at the check point. Besides I'm sure some facts are missing here or else in my personal opinion no reason they will deny entry and most interestingly keep you st detention center. 

• Like 1

Just now, perthperson said:

How many ?  

Where do you get your facts from? 

Get off of this forum a bit more often and you might see it differently. There was a refusal reported at Don Mueng this week with exactly the same scenario. Do you think everybody in Thailand posts in on this board?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovethailandelite said:

You can keep using that line as much as you want. Fact is, they are denying entry for too many Tourist visas and using another part of the immigration act to make it stick. It might not suit the agenda of the serial Tourist visa abusers but there it is.

It's not a "line" - it is "the law."  By your assessment, the IOs are Being Dishonest in this case.  Sad, but certainly appears to be the case if the OP's post is true.  We can hope the people who did this will be disciplined, but it seems to fit an ongoing pattern at Airports, so I'm not holding my breath.

Just now, lkv said:

As a proud owner of an SETV, having had others before, I am looking forward with excitement for other confirmations of denial of entry from existing members with a more substantial contribution (post wise) to this forum.

Until then i will consider it business as usual, ...

For now, just avoid Airports and Poipet as points of entry.  So far, this sort of Dishonest behavior has not been reported, elsewhere.

• Like 2

Do I have to submit the bank statements together with the appeal or they will ask me later about that and maybe a friend of mine can bring it to the immigration office? Not sure if I can  print out here some pages and the IO isn't really talkative at all. How long must be the history of the statement? 48h is the deadline to appeal after arriving right? 

1 minute ago, JackThompson said:

It's not a "line" - it is "the law."  By your assessment, the IOs are Being Dishonest in this case.  Sad, but certainly appears to be the case if the OP's post is true.  We can hope the people who did this will be disciplined, but it seems to fit an ongoing pattern at Airports, so I'm not holding my breath.

For now, just avoid Airports and Poipet as points of entry.  So far, this sort of Dishonest behavior has not been reported, elsewhere.

Far to many people are too cock sure of what Immigration can and cannot do. If your so sure about the law, I suggest rather than keep telling everybody what they can and can't do, get yourself to Bangkok, and get him out and stamped in?

26 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I can tell you that Canadian customs looks at a person's PP and from the recent activity can decide yes or NO the only recourse is to talk to a supervisor.

At the discretion of the immigration official. Probably the same here.  

There didn't used to be any problems for say FIFO off-shore rig pigs. They came and went even had houses here., 

Just now, perthperson said:

"Fact is, they are denying entry for too many Tourist visas"

So you have no source of fact and are attempting to spread rumour.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Look at the OP and his post. 'Denied entry for too many Tourist visas'. I will leave it now to the experts in all things immigration and serial deniers that any thing is happening.
Enjoy your day.

16 minutes ago, Kohphanganlover said:

Do I have to submit the bank statements together with the appeal or they will ask me later about that and maybe a friend of mine can bring it to the immigration office? Not sure if I can  print out here some pages and the IO isn't really talkative at all. How long must be the history of the statement? 48h is the deadline to appeal after arriving right? 

They may ask for proof when you do the appeal. I suggest you write up supporting info to attach to the appeal.

They allow you access so you can print out a statement.

The 7 days don't start until the appeal is submitted. 

Edit: Yes  must be submitted within 48 hours.

• Like 2

Just now, Lovethailandelite said:

Look at the OP and his post. 'Denied entry for too many Tourist visas'. I will leave it now to the experts in all things immigration and serial deniers that any thing is happening.
Enjoy your day.

Try again!  The OP was not and cannot be denied entry "for too many Tourist visas" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lovethailandelite said:

How much longer did you expect before Immigration finally started the clampdown on those living here more or less continuously on Tourist Visas? Do you think they don't know every scam people stupidly like to put on forums and Facebook because they like to look good regarding the swapping of passports, fake hotel and airline bookings etc?
You wouldn't get way with it in most country's. I've no idea why people are surprised it's going to be stopped here.

Plus, many foreigners would be horrified if the immigration law / entry processes allowed the 'bad guys', 'undesirable guys' etc., to easily walk into their original country. But somehow want to criticize Thailand for trying to be serious about the same subject.

Also in the picture is the total resources needed to totally analyze every person arriving at the incoming passport desks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot be deported if you never were allowed to enter the country. It is simply a denial of entry not deportation.

You can fly to anywhere with a denial of entry.

I know from 2nd hand experience that this is not true.

They have to ship you back to your country of origin because that is the only country guaranteed to let you in.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thai Ron said:

They have to ship you back to your country of origin because that is the only country guaranteed to let you in.

What about denial of entry at land borders ?

They send you back to the Country you arrived from, rather than your own Country

7 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

I still say it is true. I have read many reports of people being denied entry and were allowed to travel to other countries other than their home country.

For those from some countries their home country might be the only one they can go to without a visa for entry.

• Like 2

There should be some kind of rule on these forums soon. Anytime an "I've been denied entry at the airport" post goes up, set a limit on the # of posts can follow, maybe 80-100. Let the folks rant and have at it for that amount then close the thing off. Anyone that has any helpful advice for the fellow can PM him if they really wanted to rather than a free for all bashing of how the rules are or how IOs should or should not behave..

Edited by Essecola
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thai Ron said:

No - many cases of denial of entry, the person was allowed to return to the country they just came from.  Just recently, someone without enough cash was sent back to Laos.

This is not Always the case, however, as I recall at least one case where a person denied-entry was NOT allowed to return to Hong Kong, and was sent back to France, instead.  So it seems to be "officer's discretion" as to one's options.

I do not know of a case where they were allowed to go to a 3rd Country - maybe it has happened.