In detention right now about to be deported

Yeah just saw it. Reading it right now. What's the plan moving forward? I'm 24 years old if I didn't mention that earlier and it's of any use. I still don't get how they declined entry despite me having signed up and paid for language school and having all the neccessary papers + a valid ED visa. It's insane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tsm12345 said:

I want to live and stay here. What's my best go at coming back? Get a new passport and pray?

A new passport won't be of any help, they can search your movements on multiple criteria, you'd need to change name and DOB too...

To stay and live here, you need a proper visa, on solid grounds; i.e not tourist visas or exemption, ED become fragile because it has been over (ab)used. 

I would NOT stay in Thailand if I wasn't married to a Thai, with two kids, so I stick to the "married" visa.

But clearly, the climate is "Anti-Farang" so they will more and more give visa to Farang money only, with some exception..

You are lucky young man Germany is a great country.

Tchüss..

• Like 2

Indeed things are tightening up and those without the $ aren't welcome, thailand is all about the $, if you ain't got it they can't get it so you ain't welcome . Airports are hassle and those with lot of visa entries will be interviewed and if goes badly you'll be sat in detention room lol ....

Thailand always been anti farang, just currently they want most of our influence out and only money in . la la land good years are long gone and unlikely ever return .

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Strange that they denied the OP the chance to go to the atm and show the funds. Very worrisome indeed.

Not the first time that has been reported. They expect to see the equivalent of 20k baht in cash.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not the first time that has been reported. They expect to see the equivalent of 20k baht in cash.

Right,,, so have them walk him to an ATM in Swampy, and withdraw the $20K... "should" be problem solved... 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Momofarang said:

A new passport won't be of any help, they can search your movements on multiple criteria, you'd need to change name and DOB too...

To stay and live here, you need a proper visa, on solid grounds; i.e not tourist visas or exemption, ED become fragile because it has been over (ab)used. 

I would NOT stay in Thailand if I wasn't married to a Thai, with two kids, so I stick to the "married" visa.

But clearly, the climate is "Anti-Farang" so they will more and more give visa to Farang money only, with some exception..

Or just come in via land borders

• Like 1

I'd try to ask to fly back to Laos if I can, some other guys managed to fly to Laos instead of their home country, and it may be possible since you flew from there. It varies though.

Then come in via land border, which people with a longer visa history than you have done with no issues. 

If you're sent to Germany, fly to Malaysia and come in via land border to Hat Yai then domestic flight to BKK. 

Either way have 20k baht cash on you, although at land borders they're less likely to ask, and even if you had it today maybe it wouldn't have made a difference. The guy in the other thread had 25k, it didn't help.

Edited by jspill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Essecola said:

People should know by know they arent gonna be allowed to go to an ATM to get more cash if they dont already have it in hand in these situations

???? So you're require to TRAVEL with $20k+ 

58 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Strange that they denied the OP the chance to go to the atm and show the funds. Very worrisome indeed.

Is there even a cash requirement on an ED visa? I don't think there is. Usually you just have to show proof of funds to the issung embassy or consulate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doctormann said:

There are no ATMs before Immigration so no possibility of finding one before you are admitted - and that is the problem!

From the OP description,, it sounded like the IO was almost willing to let him take care of it, but just didn't trust him to return,, simplest is to have a friend bring the $,, unless it's impossible for someone in detention to have any outside contact... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Adeeos said:

From the OP description,, it sounded like the IO was almost willing to let him take care of it, but just didn't trust him to return,, simplest is to have a friend bring the $,, unless it's impossible for someone in detention to have any outside contact... 

There've been reports of the IOs saying 'it's too late now', just signing the papers (in Thai) for deportation and at that point you just wait in the detention room for the next flight, nothing you can do.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

Having a visa does not exempt a person from needing to show financial proof on entry to the country.

This is a very good point and, to be fair, if you don't follow their rules precisely you are always in danger of having a problem. I am nitpicking and ultra pedantic about these things. Still bad luck and a warning would have sufficed I would have thought. Hope this get's out and others make sure the 20k is in their pockets.