‘My Mate Nate’ Slammed For Flattening Coins On Train Tracks

webfact

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, Dave67 said:

"but added that obstructing rail tracks with objects is illegal and could end up derailing trains." I

Trust me  a coin cannot derail a train , 

But like your Thai girlfriend, Thai trains are different.

1 hour ago, johnnynmonic said:

Meh. Good on him. He's annoying to me, but I'm not his target audience. If I could pull in 3k USD making a couple stupid videos a week, I'd do it.

I suspect he's probably a bit more clever than most of ThaiVisa gives him credit for. He's got to know some of these stunts will land him in the news, yet he still goes for it for the free publicity. The only reason I even know about him was from some internet outrage about a clip he did with a fish in some liquid nitrogen. Since then he's gained a few clicks from me that he wouldn't have gotten otherwise. If you don't like his videos, just don't watch; all this making a fuss about it only feeds his popularity.

rational analysis above.

nate is like the justin bieber of thailand.  his target audience likes him. tons of pranksters on youtube.  i am not a bieber fan nor do i use time to mock-berate him.

imo the saddest thing is nate foregoing university in the usa at the age when learning is fast

to all the bitter pensioners; a 23 year old thai fluent white guy found a way to finance himself in thailand and also serves as living proof a farang can get laid via normal dating versus fee for service.    live with it

Edited by atyclb

I think he appeals to the mentality of the Thai youth, they're welcome to each other.  However, I'm pretty sure I did stupid things like that and worse, when I was young, it's just that I didn't have YouTube to post it on.

He made the Thai news report last night but in a negative way- news report indicated the powers that be were not impressed with his coin tricks. Interesting - when my 18 year old Thai step dau saw the news on him she indicated it was better he go home as she feels he is a nuisance and is unimpressed by him. For me- I know only what I read about him.

He can speak Thai well- but he lacks a real understanding of how Thais think and react- He will never be accepted as a Thai and his actions are making the Thais that count- the powers to be - the Phu Yai- uncomfortable.  

18 minutes ago, atyclb said:

rational analysis above.

nate is like the justin bieber of thailand.  his target audience likes him. tons of pranksters on youtube.  i am not a bieber fan nor do i use time to mock-berate him.

imo the saddest thing is nate foregoing university in the usa at the age when learning is fast

to all the bitter pensioners; a 23 year old thai fluent white guy found a way to finance himself in thailand and also serves as living proof a farang can get laid via normal dating versus fee for service.    live with it

How do you know hes getting laid for free? How do tou know hes not a homo sexual. If hes got a WP which i dont doubt as immigration themselfs say he has its for working for a company surley making money any other way is an infringement of his WP. 

I sent Nate a msg Via Facebook from previous bad behavior : "Nate, my 7yr old son loves you!!! Only problem is with your recent childish behavior is now asking people ie Me if I have my period.... Please use your influence to it greater good. My sons name is **** if you could respond to this message that I could show him that would be appreciated. " No Answer then again I sent Nate another Msg :"Seems like your in more hot water... with the fish prank.... Thais dont like loosing face careful you dont end up in jail even set up, best you keep a low profile or show some merit to show you are truly sorry for your inappropriate behavior" Still no answer, but he has sent me msg's like this "ขอบคุณที่ติดต่อมานะครับ
มีข้อความเยอะมากตอนนี้ เราจะทำการติดต่อกลับภายใน 24 ชั่วโมง ระหว่างวันจันทร์-ศุกร์ นะครับ
แต่ถ้าหากคุณต้องการสั่งซื้อเสื้อหรือหมวก กรุณาส่งข้อความไปที่ My Mate Nate Store
http://bit.ly/MMNstore"

This is Thailand Nate dis-respect & immoral conduct in open public forum is not tolerated,  you act the fool at best teaching dis-respect & immoral conduct you will be shut down, and rightly so!

4 minutes ago, Nemesis7 said:

Deport him , seems mentally retarded 

Not a viable or acceptable deportation criteria. Maybe immigration will catch him with the trick "show me the money" question when he flies back in after a trip somewhere outside.

We live in hope.

20 hours ago, RawboneFunksta said:

He's an opinionated, entitled <deleted> who imagines himself a superstar with talent because he has followers on youtube and speaks Thai.

Silly boy.

Because of those followers, he may be able to leverage some business angle and I'll wager he gets more young Thai girls or boys than the average glob; he's a star--maybe not so silly, if a few minutes of fame is his  goal.

42 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

How do you know hes getting laid for free? How do tou know hes not a homo sexual. If hes got a WP which i dont doubt as immigration themselfs say he has its for working for a company surley making money any other way is an infringement of his WP. 

because normal bmi personable thai proficient farangs can actually experience normal style dating. his celebrity status certainly doesn't hurt.. i dont know what his gender preference is but my statements remain applicable to hetero or otherwise

you raising the question about getting laid for free is like trying to disprove justin bieber doesnt pay to get laid.

Edited by atyclb

9 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Because of those followers, he may be able to leverage some business angle and I'll wager he gets more young Thai girls or boys than the average glob; he's a star--maybe not so silly, if a few minutes of fame is his  goal.

another intelligent objective analysis.

agree. 

8 minutes ago, atyclb said:

because normal bmi personable thai proficient farangs can actually experience normal style dating. his celebrity status certainly doesn't hurt.. i dont know what his gender preference is but my statements remain applicable to hetero or otherwise

Define normal style dating? Define BMI personable. 

A contemporary colonial - possibly the quintessential Ugly American. While his fellow citizens have generally progressed beyond this attitude, Bartling appears to be too greedy and lacking any sense of propriety or maturity to grow up.. He's simply feeding and reinforcing the immaturity of other wannabees. Cheap and nasty approach to life.

16 hours ago, Na Lee said:

A 23 years old guy who has a mindset of an eight years old kid.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Bkk-Chiang Mai my GPS said 123km/h for a good hour or so - no wonder we were late only 2h in the morning :shock1:

EDIT: hmm this wasn't the post I was replying to, pardon @Na Lee seems someone cleaned some comments from inbetween while I was writing

Edited by jabis
confusion

17 minutes ago, Butts said:

I sent Nate a msg Via Facebook from previous bad behavior : "Nate, my 7yr old son loves you!!! Only problem is with your recent childish behavior is now asking people ie Me if I have my period.... Please use your influence to it greater good. My sons name is **** if you could respond to this message that I could show him that would be appreciated. " No Answer then again I sent Nate another Msg :"Seems like your in more hot water... with the fish prank.... Thais dont like loosing face careful you dont end up in jail even set up, best you keep a low profile or show some merit to show you are truly sorry for your inappropriate behavior" Still no answer, but he has sent me msg's like this "ขอบคุณที่ติดต่อมานะครับ
มีข้อความเยอะมากตอนนี้ เราจะทำการติดต่อกลับภายใน 24 ชั่วโมง ระหว่างวันจันทร์-ศุกร์ นะครับ
แต่ถ้าหากคุณต้องการสั่งซื้อเสื้อหรือหมวก กรุณาส่งข้อความไปที่ My Mate Nate Store
http://bit.ly/MMNstore"

This is Thailand Nate dis-respect & immoral conduct in open public forum is not tolerated,  you act the fool at best teaching dis-respect & immoral conduct you will be shut down, and rightly so!

ever watch thai tv comedy shows. par infantile though mum jokmok is actually funny.

Edited by atyclb

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Define normal style dating? Define BMI personable. 

# 2 people attracted to each other, enjoy time together without one party being remunerated for it.

# . normal basal metabolic index aka normal body size:weight proportion . and personable.

2 minutes ago, atyclb said:

# 2 people attracted to each other, enjoy time together without one party being remunerated for it.

# . normal basal metabolic index aka normal body size:weight proportion . and personable.

Keep wondering what other person's "body mass index" has to do with you :cheesy: