System Engineer/Enterprise Architect Jobs in Bangkok?

Hello folks,

So the wife was offered a job in Bangkok at a university, and we're thinking of moving back. We lived here for a few years back in 2010. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how easy/difficult it would be to get an IT job somewhere in the city nowadays. Currently I'm working as an Enterprise Architect/Business Advocate, but could easily work as a network engineer or Windows system engineer. My spoken and written Thai is decent, and could be much better by year's end if it helps.

So, what do you guys think? Is this doable now? Where would you suggest looking? Thanks for your help.

Anything is possible but likely extremely difficult. Most of the foreigners working in non teaching positions were likely recruited because of their unique skills (some upper management of Thai companies) and were likely recruited outside of Thailand.

The acid test always is "could the job be done by a Thai?" if the answer is yes, then you will find it very difficult to be justified by the company. If you have a special skill that is not available here locally then you should advertise that skill as being unique, otherwise I doubt it will be easy.