Bangkok Airways and Samui Airport named in top ten best in the world

webfact

Bangkok Airways and Samui Airport named in top ten best in the world

51pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Bangkok Airways and their airport hub on Koh Samui have been named among the best airlines and airports in the world.

The airline has also been named as the fourth best in-cabin service on earth.

Senior manager Wuthipong Prasatthongosop told Daily News that the accolades come from website and online magazine "Smart Travel Asia" after a survey of millions worldwide.

Bangkok Airways was named in the top ten overall airlines worldwide with the Samui airport also named in the top ten worldwide.

The airline was also chosen in fourth place in the top five best in-cabin service worldwide.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-17

I think the airport is appallingly bad.

After checking in it is a long walk or ride to the departure lounges and on arrival it is a long walk slightly uphill to the pickup / meeting area. It seems to have been built "back to front".

No official taxi's available at arrivals, no coffee or snacks for those waiting to greet guests. No Wifi in the arrivals area. The electronic arrivals board is often not updated when aircraft have landed.

Parking fees are exhortation.  The duty free shop has to be one of the worst and most expensive I have ever visited in any International Airport. Delayed departures and arrivals are not advised or apologies made. The brochure rack in the arrival area is usually only half filled and most brochures have been spread around and duplicated. I think the layout is very badly planned and the operation very poorly managed.