Fifty strong raiding parties come up with no drugs in Saturday crackdown in Pattaya

webfact

Fifty strong raiding parties come up with no drugs in Saturday crackdown in Pattaya

7pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- Two raiding parties of 50 soldiers, cops and local officials visited pubs in Jomtien and North Pattaya at 3.30 am on Saturday morning.

The raiding parties - split into two - were looking for weapons and drugs.

Customers both Thai and foreign were tested for drugs at Pin-Khaen-Sor in Jomtien and another pub in North Pattaya on Pettrakoon Road.

71pm.jpg

Picture: TNews

This yielded nothing but both establishments were found to be operating without a license and open after hours and were duly charged.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-17

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

When are the authorities going to realize, all these tip offs about drug taking at some bars, is only other bar owners trying to get rid of the opposition.

Note that once again, no quality tourists were involved in these raids.

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

When are the authorities going to realize, all these tip offs about drug taking at some bars, is only other bar owners trying to get rid of the opposition.

They know because they may smell the sweet smell of a brown envelope in the offing ?

Nothing like the sound jack boots to ruin a perfectly wonderful and legal party.   

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Yes, I can see all those Thai pub revelers saying, "Sod this! We're off to Torremolinos next weekend!"

No, foreigners will see the wisdom of going to Spain because not only are places not raided by the military, such places are actually allowed to stay open all night if they want and the business is there without intimidation by men in uniform, beer is a fraction of the price it is in Thailand (I can get cans for 10 baht in a supermarket) and food is of a far higher standard for the same price or cheaper as Thailand.

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

No, foreigners will see the wisdom of going to Spain because not only are places not raided by the military, such places are actually allowed to stay open all night if they want and the business is there without intimidation by men in uniform, beer is a fraction of the price it is in Thailand (I can get cans for 10 baht in a supermarket) and food is of a far higher standard for the same price or cheaper as Thailand.

Cambodia and Vietnam too.  The junta is killing Thailand's future returning  tourists.  These people may not come back.  If you are in sales, you want to keep selling to the same customers over and over again, but not Thailand.  It prefers to spend time and money on constantly finding new customers.  This hostile approach towards tourists is benefiting their neighbor's tourism industry. 

44 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

'Tourists go home': Spain tourism surge brings backlash

--https://uk.reuters.com/article/us-spain-tourism-idUKKCN0YL0EZ

Thailand doesn't really want or need the same. Your view reflects the old Golden Egg Layers Theory Of Thai Economics. These venues were mainly Thai, BTW.

30 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Cambodia and Vietnam too.  The junta is killing Thailand's future returning  tourists.  These people may not come back.  If you are in sales, you want to keep selling to the same customers over and over again, but not Thailand.  It prefers to spend time and money on constantly finding new customers.  This hostile approach towards tourists is benefiting their neighbor's tourism industry. 

Been hearing this for decades. Thailand will continue doing fine. i wouldn't wring my hands too much.

12 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Germany's best selling tabloid even headlined recently:

Sex Tourism- Spain becomes Europe's Thailand!

Ever heard of Zakynthos ?  Other Greek island destinations with established or growing reputations as well...

Just now, nasanews said:

I am serious and I want to know why, is it to blackmale them or just dump them into prison!

Are you for real.....??  Drugs are ILLEGAL period.....what is it about that you dont comprehend....??  Blackmail for what....??   Contrary to popular belief Thailands Police are not entirely the keystone cops that some believe

Multiple off topic posts, flames a personal attack and even an experince with a traffic accident (again) has been removed, also replies.