Best Farang friendly car sales showroom

mikey99

3 hours ago, luk AJ said:

For the finance, you need proof of income, copy of work permit, copy passport and proof of residence.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks for the info.

That will make it difficult for me to finance as I won't get the WP until after I need the car...........

Mike

2 hours ago, mikey99 said:

Thanks for the info.

That will make it difficult for me to finance as I won't get the WP until after I need the car...........

Mike

I think Tim will be able to help. Just call him. Although I had the money I wanted to keep some reserve went I came to Thailand in March 2017. So 1/2 of the car I bought with them was financed by themselves, to be payed in monthly payments. I do not promise they are able to help you with all, but they know exactly whats possible or not. Maybe you could lease it for the first 6 months and then finance it

On 7/17/2017 at 1:48 PM, KittenKong said:

When I bought four or five years ago I found the dealers here in town to be uniformly useless. Not interested in selling, not interested in discussing prices, no stock and no brains. Since my purchase some dealerships have opened up in Na Jomtien and these may be better: I certainly do use one of them for my servicing rather than use the dealers in town.

But my recommendation would be to go to Bangkok as the dealers there seemed to be much more on the ball and prepared to talk.

I have no idea about finance as I dont need it.

I do find it odd that you dont care what brand/model of car you buy though.

100% agree, but you'll get a red tag from Bangkok.  Driving here after dark "can" put you at risk of being arrested.  My neighbor is from Bangkok and drove her red tagged car (purchased in NaJomtien) there a few years ago.  She was stopped and made to leave her car right there as it was after dark.  She's Thai and ended up staying at a hotel for the night.  Have you ever heard of this?  Crazy, eh?

Purchased a HONDA HRV from Mr. Top at Honda Shop on Sukumvit North Pattaya near BKK Pattaya hospital.  Mr Top was very knowledgeable, courteous and if he did not know the answer to my question, he did not hesitate to find the answer!  Great no pressure sales!

3 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

100% agree, but you'll get a red tag from Bangkok.  Driving here after dark "can" put you at risk of being arrested.  My neighbor is from Bangkok and drove her red tagged car (purchased in NaJomtien) there a few years ago.  She was stopped and made to leave her car right there as it was after dark.  She's Thai and ended up staying at a hotel for the night.  Have you ever heard of this?  Crazy, eh?

That is indeed a rather odd feature of Thai vehicle licensing. I'm aware of it because when I bought my car there was a national shortage of number plates (where else could that happen?) and I had my red plates for half a year. I had no problems but as you say I could have done.

• 3 months later...
On 7/17/2017 at 3:47 PM, CatCage said:

You can talk to Khun Suchart at the Honda showroom in N Pattaya, they are located a couple of clicks past the hospital on Sukhumvit. 

I have purchased two CRVs from him over the years,  no problems with the cars, with the service or with the staff.  

He speaks perfect English and is most helpful without being pushy.  His office is to the left of where the sales girls sit in the showroom. 

I have no idea about the sales girls that work there as I have never dealt with them.

Yeah, Khun Suchart, with his Japanese looks is really good. Service minded and a great English speaker. 

I've good experiences with the Honda dealer in Na Jomtien. Great location, good service and a very convenient waiting area while the car gets its service.