Alleged Attackers In Krabi Massacre 'Will Be Executed,' Police Chief Says

snoop1130

Alleged Attackers In Krabi Massacre 'Will Be Executed,' Police Chief Says

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

สอบบังฟัต-696x494.jpg

Police commanders question murder suspect Surifat Bannobwongsakul at an army base in Krabi on Saturday

KRABI — Police said Sunday they arrested a man who engineered a home invasion which left a local official along with seven family members dead in Krabi province last week.

Surifat Bannobwongsakul, 41, was detained without a court warrant Saturday evening and accused of killing village administrator Worayuth Sanlang and his relatives, including his two young daughters, at their residence. The June 10 incident has drawn widespread attention due to the savage nature of the crimes.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2017/07/17/alleged-attackers-krabi-massacre-will-executed-cop-says/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-7-17

8 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Alleged Attackers In Krabi Massacre 'Will Be Executed,'

Love the headline...shouldn't you be 100% sure that they are guilty before executing them?

al·leged
əˈlejd/
adjective
adjective: alleged
  1. (of an incident or a person) said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

What a plonker, after that uber crooked former police commissionee Somyot I thought the RTP would at least attempt to bring in someone seemingly less corrupt and stupid... But as expected this guy is proving himself to be a prize idiot.

I am all for executing the perps of this disgusting crime, but that they haven't done a reenactment yet is quite fishy.. 

Kinda depressing to think the police genuinely think that they're judge, jury and executioner. Shows huge contempt towards the courts and the judges. 

At least they didn't say a Thai could never do this beforehand and put themselves in such a stupid predicament. 

1 hour ago, z42 said:

What a plonker, after that uber crooked former police commissionee Somyot I thought the RTP would at least attempt to bring in someone seemingly less corrupt and stupid... But as expected this guy is proving himself to be a prize idiot.

I am all for executing the perps of this disgusting crime, but that they haven't done a reenactment yet is quite fishy.. 

You are quite right. Nothing is official until the re-enactment has been completed. Perhaps the reward (envelopes) hasn't been organised yet so there might be some delay until everything falls into place.

1 hour ago, Cadbury said:

You are quite right. Nothing is official until the re-enactment has been completed. Perhaps the reward (envelopes) hasn't been organised yet so there might be some delay until everything falls into place.

Haven't the re-enactment now been stopped? 

3 hours ago, ezflip said:

Love the headline...shouldn't you be 100% sure that they are guilty before executing them?

al·leged
əˈlejd/
adjective
adjective: alleged
  1. (of an incident or a person) said, without proof, to have taken place or to have a specified illegal or undesirable quality.

Maybe not quite executed seeing it is only PC at the moment. But as reported they have put their hand up, so how can it be alleged? 

as I read, some were duped into going along with this, and the one guy done all the killings,  this is believable to me, as how many videos have we seen when vicious crimes have taken place where no one tries to stop it and just gets the phone out to video it.

18 hours ago, chrisinth said:

Methinks the manure will be truly spread when it hits the fan and those that must be obeyed realize what that statement from the police implies.

Enlighten me.  What is it you are trying to imply?

Police commissioner Chakthip Chaijinda said he even wished Surifat would have put up a fight during the arrest so that security officers could have gun him down.

“In fact, I didn’t even want him captured alive,” Gen. Chakthip said at a Sunday news conference about the investigation. “I prayed he would fight, but he didn’t.”

I am not a fan of the Royal Thai Police, however ...

Of course, this sort of comment (and the comment about execution) does not reflect very well upon the "professionalism" of the Police Commissioner - but I think it shows a natural human reaction to such a vile crime.

Thinking about what was done to this family, I could certainly imagine myself thinking the same thing and hoping for an opportunity to serve some "natural" justice.

But, if I was a high ranking cop, I would hope to have sufficient self-control to keep my personal feelings to myself.

I doubt there will be an execution, even though I think this case deserves it.

Highly unlikely especially pre trial lol but every single person that got the death penalty for nearly 10 years now has had it commuted can't see that changing

Although there are many that do deserve it and whom society would be better off without IMO. Murderers. rapists and child molesters just to name a few.

8 hours ago, halloween said:

I thought that would be up to the courts.

Executed in the holding cells unless they can be convinced to suicide by throwing in a few pairs of socks. Better make sure the CCTV cameras are not working.

Edited by Reigntax

8 hours ago, YetAnother said:

this is not the role of the police; to pronounce premature judgment; that is for the courts; shows / reveals what they think their role is

Or just confirms they have no idea what their role is

To be fair, got to give them credit for apparently finding those responsible, at least hands-on responsible, for this horrible massacre. Doesn't look like they just rounded up the nearest available misfortunates.

However, all the post-arrest commenting does leave a lot to be desired -- especially considering that the prosecution and sentencing is not their role, and add to that, the likely fact that the promised death sentences will probably never actually be carried out...

Unless the local socks vendor stops by and the CCTV repairman happens to be making his rounds. Or there's a sudden outbreak of blood infections in the detention facility where they're being housed.

8 hours ago, WhizBang said:

Enlighten me.  What is it you are trying to imply?

That the police decide what will happen to the alleged murderers rather than the judicial system.

IMO it is way past time that these blowhards were silenced during an ongoing investigation. It doesn't help the process one little bit.