American man found hanged in Pattaya

webfact

Yet another foreigner found hanged in what police say is suicide

By Online Admin -

hanged-1.jpg?fit=1192,673

PATTAYA: -- At around 8:30pm on July 17th, Pattaya police and emergency services received reports of a dead body found hanged at his condo in Pattaya.

The incident took place at Yunica Pattaya Condominium.

Police were quick to arrive and found the body of American Mr. Anthony Matthew Klang, aged 54, still hanging from a piece of rope tied over the wardrobe.

The police and medical team realised he hadn’t been dead too long and quickly cut the victim down and initiated emergency CPR treatment. A few gasps of air were heard, but sadly it was too late and the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police received the initial call from the victim’s girlfriend, who had returned home from work to find the body of her boyfriend hanging.

She went on to tell police that he had been having problems with his business back at home, and was a little short of money, but not once did it cross her mind that things were so serious that it would drive the victim to commit suicide.

No other injuries were found on the body, and the victim was taken away to a local hospital for a full postmortem. His family and friends have been notified of the tragic news.

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2017-07-18

The thing that gets me is all these farangs hanging themselves or throwing themselves off buildings, surely sleeping pills can purchased over the counter, take the bottle and sleep, never to wake up, just saying that would be my preferred way to go as opposed to a rope around my neck or splattered all over the tarmac.

RIP to another farang

Edited by 4MyEgo

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

The thing that gets me is all these farangs hanging themselves or throwing themselves off buildings, surely sleeping pills can purchased over the counter, take the bottle and sleep, never to wake up, just saying that would be my preferred way to go as opposed to a rope around my neck or splattered all over the tarmac.

RIP to another farang

This is one of the few cases where the gf or wife did not say they had been arguing.  Not un typical to have financial issues, nothing to fall back on, no place to live etc.  Don't know anything about the man's background or education or work history or job options, but it can be hard to get back in the technical work force (engineer for example).

Having said that, and I don't fault the girl, what were the timeline details?  She found him.  Then called police, police took what, 10 minutes to arrive?  She went outside and flagged down a cop?  I don't really expect her to try and get the guy down, but a knife could be used to cut the rope. Did she yell for help? Sorry but my suspicious flag is raised

So the girlfriend found him but didn't try to get him down and waited for police and medical team to arrive.

" The police and medical team realised he hadn’t been dead too long and quickly cut the victim down and initiated emergency CPR treatment. A few gasps of air were heard, but sadly it was too late and the man was pronounced dead at the scene."

maybe if she cut him down he may be alive to explain why he was hanging there.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

This is one of the few cases where the gf or wife did not say they had been arguing.  Not un typical to have financial issues, nothing to fall back on, no place to live etc.  Don't know anything about the man's background or education or work history or job options, but it can be hard to get back in the technical work force (engineer for example).

Having said that, and I don't fault the girl, what were the timeline details?  She found him.  Then called police, police took what, 10 minutes to arrive?  She went outside and flagged down a cop?  I don't really expect her to try and get the guy down, but a knife could be used to cut the rope. Did she yell for help? Sorry but my suspicious flag is raised

Paranoia lurks amongst us, don't tell me you sleep with one open as well 555

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

RIP to another farang

I know a guy who is a former heroin user...I would not know a bag of heroin if you slapped me in the head with it.

Anyhow, he said that to shoot up & OD on that stuff was the way to check out.

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Paranoia lurks amongst us, don't tell me you sleep with one open as well 555

Only thing surprising here is that the guy didn't have his hands tied behind his back, which is, of course suicide.

2 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

I'm more suspicious of the motives behind a reporter's use of poetic license to turn a tragic suicide for all involved, into a major drama. 

RIP to another farang

I've read a few female celebrity memoirs lately. They all chug down the pills and it never kills them. They always wind up with a stomach pump. Cry for help and all that rot.

6 minutes ago, silent said:

I'm more suspicious of the motives behind a reporter's use of poetic license to turn a tragic suicide for all involved, into a major drama. 

Chairman M...err Prayuth has been trying to teach them poetry recently.

3 hours ago, gk10002000 said:

Agree. If it was a loved one I would immediately cut them down, in the hope that they may breathe again.

RIP to another farang

Are you aware of how much/many sleeping pills aka benzoes or benzo similars you have to take to die? 

Shitloads of pills - I dont think you would be able to swallow so many pills at all...

6 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

Are you aware of how much/many sleeping pills aka benzoes or benzo similars you have to take to die? 

Shitloads of pills - I dont think you would be able to swallow so many pills at all...

I certainly do not have a clue = I'm typing instead of rotting 6 feet under.

I've never contemplated just how many pills it might take. Do not really care to either.

Edited by jaywalker

15 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

I'm sure one would research if one was serious. I have always loved the thought of procuring a pill or something in case I was terminally ill and wanted a graceful end. Nothing graceful in hanging. RiP

Edited by LannaGuy

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

It's possible to reach a point of despair where none of that matters. 

1 hour ago, Dustdevil said:

I've read a few female celebrity memoirs lately. They all chug down the pills and it never kills them. They always wind up with a stomach pump. Cry for help and all that rot.

Ok, they makes sense, but there has got to be a better way, like shagging a chick 4 times in the one day and having a heart attack, that's how I almost went out once, never again though 555

44 minutes ago, Mangkhut said:

So much for that thought, perhaps death by a fork ?

I would think one of the worst things that could happen is you try to kill yourself but don't succeed, and then have to live out your life under the care of assorted doctors and analysts, being assigned various handlers to "protect you from yourself" etc.  A walk into the sea, a dive off a cliff, or a drive off a cliff (like Thelma & Louise) - job done, no corpse to clean up.

Saw the Clint Eastwood movie Gran Torino, didn't think much of it, certainly not his best, but I do like the way he takes care of things at the end.

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

I'm sure one would research if one was serious. I have always loved the thought of procuring a pill or something in case I was terminally ill and wanted a graceful end. Nothing graceful in hanging. RiP

I cannot see anything graceful in commiting suicide no matter what way it was done. Hard times will pass, death is forever...

"Yet another foreigner found hanged in what police say is suicide"

I hate to see titles like this one always implying that the Police does not say the truth.

It's nearly systematic and it becomes really ridiculous and tiresome  :saai:. (IMHO)

13 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

RIP to another farang

I've read that od'ing on sleeping pills isn't a matter of just swallowing pills and not waking up. It usually involves hours of seizures and convulsions and a trip to the hospital. 

The best you can hope for is combining alcohol and hoping you  choke to death on your own vomit. 

I can see why people prefer hanging of jumping off buildings. 

I knew this Tony Klang from the expats club. We discussed cruises in great detail and he was an avid traveler some years ago. Business wasn't what it used to be and he was just dwindling away without doing anything to improve his situation.

I have been there too where I had already had big success in the business world and when it crashed, I became impoverished while doing nothing to change my fate. When I was penniless, a kind Thai took me in and we lived together 1 year and 3 months. It was rough at times but my new business took off. I had the choice to stay in Asia or return to my homeland for the summer.

Some people DO NOT have choices, food, hope, and have debts. Sorry to see the end of Tony Klang but some people do not have the luck that I did.

I think that we should all realize that when it concerns a Death, here in Thailand. The only word Police know is :Suicide.... Somehow farang's seemed to have enabled  the Mastery of  the "Tied" hands behind the back syndrome, in this case apparently not. Could be with the time that would have expired while calling the cops, going out to find one to flag down, then when they do arrive they were able to get a few gasps for air... Military Police from Embassy came to pay her a Visit!!

Maybe she did the deed!

I would look for a head trauma,  maybe he was knocked out. Strangled and a rope tied around his neck and Wardrobe??? A Wardrobe is a dresser, with drawers. I would check the rope for DNA!!! Hers! Sorry, I know how violent Thai Women can be... Mine a few years back wanted to see an Email I was sending... Actually was to Bank Of  America... Requesting additional funds to buy her a Car for her Birthday... She broke window out of Computer room and Stabbed me with a knife! I left....

As GK10002000   said: "Having said that, and I don't fault the girl, what were the timeline details?  She found him.  Then called police, police took what, 10 minutes to arrive?  She went outside and flagged down a cop?  I don't really expect her to try and get the guy down, but a knife could be used to cut the rope. Did she yell for help? Sorry but my suspicious flag is raised"

I would agree... 

Edited by davidstipek