"My Mate Nate" doesn't have a work permit - but lucky break means he won't be prosecuted for working

webfact

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, chado said:

what makes it a Thai account?

If you want to monetize it from Thailand you need to register it in Thailand with Adsense, 

Edited by balo

28 minutes ago, Father Fintan Stack said:

As soon as you press a single key on a keyboard that allows you to earn revenue you are considered to be working in Thailand.

Nonsense. 

Im loving the way people make the excuse "well im only a digital nomad, why should I pay tax in a country im not working in"

Yet the very same people cry foul when denied entry.

Fact. living in thailand full time whilst earning money from your work.

Fact. living in Thailand on visa and exempts whilst earning money from your work.

Fact. You dont have a work permit as YOU consider yourselfs not working in Thailand whilst earning money from your WORK.

Fact. You lot are one of the main reasons immigration is cracking down on visa abusers but your ok your still earning money from your work.

The Oh but they dont have a visa for Digital nomads is rubbish. The i dont work when in Thailand is rubbish. 

Get legal or simply become a digital nomad elsewhere FACT of life. 

7 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Fact. living in thailand full time whilst earning money from your work.

You can be a business owner outside of Thailand and still live in Thailand.  The money you earn from the company abroad got nothing to do with Thailand. 

Regarding digital nomads , it's in the word, they move around like nomads , so not living in Thailand on a permanent basis. 

46 minutes ago, balo said:

You can be a business owner outside of Thailand and still live in Thailand.  The money you earn from the company abroad got nothing to do with Thailand. 

Regarding digital nomads , it's in the word, they move around like nomads , so not living in Thailand on a permanent basis. 

Dont care if they tap a keyboard in Thailand and make money out of that as far as im concerned there working if working should pay taxes and get the còrrect visa end of story. 

Too many people on here have double standards. If i was to say im working on a TR visa the heavens would open and the incoming post would be like the Blitz on London. A so called digital nomad works here regardless of what you think they do they tap away on computer whilst in Thailand and generate money thats known as work, but hey suddenly oh its ok because!! Well <deleted> is it ok.

Edited by jeab1980

We can have different opinions about this popular topic but as long as they live in their home country , and pay their taxes there , there's nothing wrong in bringing a laptop to Thailand and stay here a few months . As we all know 100.000 ++ people do it this way , and as long as they have a valid visa to enter the kingdom , I can't see immigration can do anything about it. 

However if they do it multiple times over several years it's a different story . 

2 minutes ago, balo said:

We can have different opinions about this popular topic but as long as they live in their home country , and pay their taxes there , there's nothing wrong in bringing a laptop to Thailand and stay here a few months . As we all know 100.000 ++ people do it this way , and as long as they have a valid visa to enter the kingdom , I can't see immigration can do anything about it. 

However if they do it multiple times over several years it's a different story . 

Well lets hope immigration do find a way to do something about it. 

They dont live in tbere home country and i strongly suspect they dont pay any taxes. But will soon tip up there should there little on line buisness go tits up for a hand out no doubt.

Edited by jeab1980

On 7/19/2017 at 4:18 AM, webfact said:

However, if he were to atone for this and change his ways then a permit might be granted, pointed out Ranon.

idle speech; how would he go about doing that  ? with his character does anyone think he even would ?

"However, if he were to atone for this and change his ways then a permit might be granted, pointed out Ranon."

It might be interesting, as a work permit requires a "place of work" and a "location of work" to be listed, IIRC.

I doubt if any additional location would be likely to say "filming on SRT land without prior permission", just to be pedantic about it.

59 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Dont care if they tap a keyboard in Thailand and make money out of that as far as im concerned there working if working should pay taxes and get the còrrect visa end of story.

No such visa exists, end of story.

27 minutes ago, 11223344 said:

No such visa exists, end of story.

Yes there is a non b and a wp there you go

Non-Immigrant B Visa (Conducting Business) Foreigners who wish to setup or conduct business in Thailand should apply for a Thai Non-Immigrant B visa. 

People have been refused entry in Thailand or their visa extensions also refused often for reasons that are hard to understand, in some cases...

In the case of this chap, on could wonder what is his immigration status, on what type of visa is he staying in Thailand and with all the uproar he has caused, how come he is still in LOS?

Does he have some obscure high level connection to still hang around and scorn the system of the sort?

People have been refused entry in Thailand or their visa extensions also refused often for reasons that are hard to understand, in some cases...

In the case of this chap, on could wonder what is his immigration status, on what type of visa is he staying in Thailand and with all the uproar he has caused, how come he is still in LOS?

Does he have some obscure high level connection to still hang around and scorn the system of the sort?

Who cares , this site should be paying him as well . 13 pages and running . How did he get his visa ? Probably walked in and asked for it . Remember he can speak Thai. How many of the 20 plus year vets can say the same . Good on him making an earn . A lot of jealousy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I don't see the problem as long as the YT channel was opened in their home countries and that they only spend a few weeks or months here.  The money will get paid into their bank accounts at home. 

But with Nate it's different, it' a Thai YT account, he lived here for years so it was a big mistake of him not to apply for a work permit.  He is earning millions of baht on this business. More than 500 million views in total makes him among the most popular Youtubers in the world. Impressive when you know his audience are only Thais. 

It would be interesting to know his audience demographics, how many ads are run and how much YouTube can charge for them. I could be completely wrong but I have a suspicion that his monetization rate isn't as high as that of YouTubers with an older western audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2017 at 2:07 PM, balo said:

If you want to monetize it from Thailand you need to register it in Thailand with Adsense, 

how could I "want to monetize it from thailand"? what makes its monetization one from thailand? everyone on the planet can watch a video on youtube, does this mean that authors of videos have to have a work permit in each country?

Edited by chado

On 7/24/2017 at 2:11 PM, Father Fintan Stack said:

Because he/she is earning money while in Thailand thus not a tourist. 

As soon as you press a single key on a keyboard that allows you to earn revenue you are considered to be working in Thailand.

gibberish. then everyone would be considered to be working in every country he visits. who would you measure "allow to earn revenue"?

Someone has read a book when he was in Thailand. And later he left Thailand, applied his knowledge gotten from that book and earned $10. and since a book was read in Thailand, he worked in Thailand?