Trump, Putin held a second, undisclosed meeting at G20 summit

webfact

10 minutes ago, CutiePi said:

So he likes fellow alpha males and not those precious European and Canadian leaders (and I highly doubt Merkel or May are his ideal conversation partners either)...can you blame him.

Yes, international relations is all about alpha male bonding. It's just like a collage fraternity—drink a few beers, smoke some joints, talk about girls, and...exchange test cheat sheets.

T

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/20/2017 at 10:31 AM, boomerangutang said:

The US prez has to be reminded; he works for the American people. He is paid by American tax money. Therefore, what he says and does, in relation to the well-being of the USA, is Americans' concern.  

Here's a hypothetical but realistic conversation that Trump could have with Putin, remembering that there were two crafty Russians and only one intelligence-challenged person at that private meeting:

Trump:  "Hey Vlad, you're one of the richest people I know.  You're a better leader than Obama.  You know I love rich right wing people, so you know I love you too."

Putin;  "Donald, please don't flatter me too much.  You know that California has a stronger economy than the entire Soviet Un...,  um, I mean; ....than Russia, don't you?"

Trump:  "Yea, but they don't have as many nukes, and I like Russian call girls better than those in L.A., ha ha ha ha."

Putin; "Don, let's get serious. I think it's unfair that Obama took those two nice big houses from us in Maryland."

Trump: "Consider it done, Vladinsky. Those houses are yours again."

Putin; "And my friend Bashar in Syria doesn't like how Uncle Sam is supporting rebels there."

Trump; "No problem, comrade, I'll make a call tomorrow to call off all US support for those pesky rebels."

Putin, "Tonight, I would like to boom boom Melania and Ivanka."

Trump; "Ummm, Melania maybe. She keeps me out of her bedroom, but maybe you can sneak in there.  As for my daughter, I don't know.  She's married to Kushner, so he owns her now.  Maybe you can work something out with Kushner.  He always needs to borrow money."

Putin; "Yes, I know, and you too are always borrowing money, from Russian big shots.  Maybe you do what I ask, and I won't tell your American press people about all the money you owe to Russians."

Trump: "Sure, buddingski.  Oh, and please don't realease any pee pee tapes."

Quite imaginative and entertaining and a bit of seriousness mixed in

17 hours ago, CutiePi said:

So he likes fellow alpha males and not those precious European and Canadian leaders (and I highly doubt Merkel or May are his ideal conversation partners either)...can you blame him.

For preferring to chat with a fellow alpha male who murders his critics and invades other nations? Of course not. It's just a pity Stalin still isn't here for him to chat with.

Trump says he sat with Putin at dinner because the wife of Japan's leader doesn't speak English. But she does.

President Trump says he went over to chat with Russian President Vladimir Putin during a dinner in Germany this month because his seat mate, the wife of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, didn't speak any English.

Akie Abe “doesn’t speak English … like, not ‘Hello,’” Trump told the New York Times in an interview Wednesday.

Not so.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-trump-says-he-gravitated-to-putin-at-1500569981-htmlstory.html

On 7/21/2017 at 2:03 PM, ilostmypassword said:

Trump says he sat with Putin at dinner because the wife of Japan's leader doesn't speak English. But she does.

President Trump says he went over to chat with Russian President Vladimir Putin during a dinner in Germany this month because his seat mate, the wife of Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, didn't speak any English.

Akie Abe “doesn’t speak English … like, not ‘Hello,’” Trump told the New York Times in an interview Wednesday.

Not so.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-trump-says-he-gravitated-to-putin-at-1500569981-htmlstory.html

45 is lying when he's yapping or tweeting. Most of the world knows this.... but not his defenders.

6 hours ago, selftaopath said:

45 is lying when he's yapping or tweeting. Most of the world knows this.... but not his defenders.

As previously mentioned, Abe's wife does speak English, but if that was his excuse, why on earth get up and talk to someone else who doesn't speak English and then use their interpreter?   So, did he get an agreement on the Adoption issue, after all he is a deal maker?

On 7/19/2017 at 3:38 PM, dunroaming said:

President Donald Trump has the lowest approval rating of any American President ever.  It stands at 36% at the moment.  So clearly the vast majority of people in the USA see they have made a huge mistake in voting for him.  

I remember all those polls. Made by the same people who were celebrating Clinton's victory in the media. :thumbsup:

On 7/21/2017 at 2:03 PM, ilostmypassword said:

Not so.

Maybe he was being polite by not saying that he dislikes needing to strain to understand someone with a think accent. Maybe he didn't care to be seated with her due to scandals back in Japan atm.

Maybe Melania understands Russian as it's pretty close to Slovenian. Putin also speaks, reads and writes English but prefers to speak Russian because most other people don't. Nobody knows what language they spoke.

It could also be possible that they were finally discussing things that are important and just felt they could be more direct and frank w/o the MSM breathing down their necks waiting for any chance to pounce and self-expand non-issue stories.

On Friday, July 21, 2017 at 2:02 PM, ilostmypassword said:

For preferring to chat with a fellow alpha male who murders his critics and invades other nations? Of course not. It's just a pity Stalin still isn't here for him to chat with.

You referring to Putin or Trump...Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq (twice), Afghanistan?  And you're saying Putin has murdered people...like there's an Interpol red-flag out for him...I highly doubt he'd be allowed to enter Germany if that were the case.

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

I remember all those polls. Made by the same people who were celebrating Clinton's victory in the media. :thumbsup:

Seems you don't understand the nature of polls.  Or what happened during the elections. This is the typical deflection by Trump supporters.  FAKE NEWS! LOL :thumbsup:

34 minutes ago, CutiePi said:

You referring to Putin or Trump...Vietnam, Grenada, Panama, Iraq (twice), Afghanistan?  And you're saying Putin has murdered people...like there's an Interpol red-flag out for him...I highly doubt he'd be allowed to enter Germany if that were the case.

You're deflecting.  Trump had nothing to do with Vietnam, Grenada, etc, etc.  Research how many have died that were against Putin, or even just close to him.  It's staggering.  But that's not the OP.  Nor is Vietnam, Grenada, etc, etc, etc.  All off topic.

Just now, CutiePi said:

You mean like all the people who were close to the Clintons and turned up dead?

As for the invasions, the point was made that Russia invaded Crimea and that therefore it isn't appropriate for President Trump to speak with President Putin...I was making the point that if that's the standard, nobody would ever speak to a US president. 

Clinton isn't part of this topic.  I'm sure you can find other threads to discuss that.

It's absolutely OK for the president to speak with Putin.  Many presidents before him have done this.  But none had so many allegations against them with regards to Russian connections.  And none lied as much as Trump. 

He should have had another person in the room to help document the proceedings.  It would have been easy to do.  Yet, he met alone.  Hmmmm.....

10 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

yup they are mad that there was no one else in that meeting….so there won't be any leaks…..so they cant twist his words all out of shape.

mad indeed.

It's kinda like a recovering alcoholic going into a bar without his sponsor.  Impossible to know what happened.  Trump's lied so much that nobody trusts him.  Twisting of his words isn't necessary.  He does that just fine all by himself.

Without the media, none of these Russian meetings would have come to light.  They lied about them from the beginning.  So how can you trust anything they say now?  Impossible.

Take a look at this.  Incredible.  And yet, some still support his actions regarding Russia.  Crazy.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/22/politics/the-many-unearthed-interactions-between-trump-world-and-russia-documented/index.html

The many unearthed interactions between Trump-world and Russia, documented

No lies, just facts.

On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, CutiePi said:

I can understand Trump's choice : an extra bonus 1 hour chat with Putin - father of an multibilllionaire ballet dancer  - former KGB (Putin admits he was in a ‘minor position’ in the KGB but is said to enjoy the sinister mystique it gives him) - autocrat without opposition - probably reelected until dead - is a meeting  " most people would have taken" when the alternative is a small talk with Abe's wife.   

Edited by Opl

On 7/19/2017 at 9:30 AM, yardrunner said:

No by his actions he is trying to destroy himself

He hasn't been doing himself any favors, but both sides of the aisle want to destroy him so they can get back to the old patronage model of politics.  None of them are happy to see an outsider get the office ahead of the parties' anointed choices.  None of them want to see it happen again in 2020, when they may be up against a better choice.  They want to be rewarded when it's their turn, for all the years of doing what they have been told to do by the parties' power brokers. 

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

That's quite the dissonance: 

If polls get things wrong*, never trust another poll.

If Trump is proved to be a blatant liar again and again, continue trusting him. 

T

*btw, the polls didn't get things wrong because they reported probabilities, not certainties. But explaining that would be a long post and OT.

3 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Maybe he was being polite by not saying that he dislikes needing to strain to understand someone with a think accent. Maybe he didn't care to be seated with her due to scandals back in Japan atm.

Maybe Melania understands Russian as it's pretty close to Slovenian. Putin also speaks, reads and writes English but prefers to speak Russian because most other people don't. Nobody knows what language they spoke.

It could also be possible that they were finally discussing things that are important and just felt they could be more direct and frank w/o the MSM breathing down their necks waiting for any chance to pounce and self-expand non-issue stories.

Since we're speculating, how about this: he went to Putin to get instructions on how to further undermine America. 

But here are the facts:

Trump said he was there for "15 minutes" — actually he was there for almost an hour. 

Trump said Mrs Abe "doesn't speak English, not even 'hello'"

Fact is she speaks good English, Trump has sat next to her during her visit to the US and it's hard to believe they didn't say anything to each other during her entire trip. 

Trump said, "we discussed adoptions"

The adoption issue is linked to American sanctions against Russia under the Sergei Magnitsky Rule of Law Accountability Act, which, coincidentally (?) the people Don Jr, Kushner and Manafort secretly met with were lobbying to abolish. Protocol dictates that any discussions beyond pleasantries be reported to National Security and/or State Dept. Trump did not do so. 

T

2 hours ago, JHolmesJr said:

yup they are mad that there was no one else in that meeting….so there won't be any leaks…..so they cant twist his words all out of shape.

mad indeed.

Who needs The lying NYT? Trump's doing a bang up job of undermining himself.

"We talked for 15mins" - it was a hour. 

"Mrs Abe speaks no English" - she does. 

"We talked about adoptions, very interesting" - yeah, sure.

T

1 hour ago, Thakkar said:

Who needs The lying NYT? Trump's doing a bang up job of undermining himself.

"We talked for 15mins" - it was a hour. 

"Mrs Abe speaks no English" - she does. 

"We talked about adoptions, very interesting" - yeah, sure.

T

who cares if they talked about 15 minutes or 1 hour?

who cares if mrs abe speaks english or not?

who cares about adoptions?

certainly not anyone who's got a life.

we focus on the big developments….jobs, security, immigration control etc.

10 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

100% agree.  But don't you care that your president is lying?  Not telling the truth?

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Either Trump is lying about all kinds of minutiae just for the heck of it—which is juvenile and disturbing in anyone, but especially THE PRESIDENT of the US. 

Or or his lying has more nefarious motives.

A lot of people care, hence headline news everywhere, including Fox. But not Alex Jones, who is still breathlessly reporting on the "far more important" news of the hidden love child born from the illicit liaison between HRC and a space alien.

T

2 hours ago, impulse said:

He hasn't been doing himself any favors, but both sides of the aisle want to destroy him so they can get back to the old patronage model of politics.  None of them are happy to see an outsider get the office ahead of the parties' anointed choices.  None of them want to see it happen again in 2020, when they may be up against a better choice.  They want to be rewarded when it's their turn, for all the years of doing what they have been told to do by the parties' power brokers. 

"both sides of the aisle want to destroy him"

Actually, one side wants to get to the bottom of why so many Trump associates met with so many shady Russians, did not disclose the meetings as required, then denied those meetings, then lied about those meetings, then lied about the reasons for those meetings.

The other side wants to ignore that whole unsavory thing, wish we would all ignore it so they spcan get on with major tax cuts and regulatory crippling in service to their major donors.

T

20 minutes ago, Thakkar said:

"both sides of the aisle want to destroy him"

Actually, one side wants to get to the bottom of why so many Trump associates met with so many shady Russians, did not disclose the meetings as required, then denied those meetings, then lied about those meetings, then lied about the reasons for those meetings.

The other side wants to ignore that whole unsavory thing, wish we would all ignore it so they spcan get on with major tax cuts and regulatory crippling in service to their major donors.

Must you continue being so logical and rational?

You just might explode some heads.

3663d6f4006208e801efde55eb4389be.gif