Noisy motorbikes in Thailand.

1 hour ago, sandemara said:

What is really annoying is that those little boys and their noisy mobile sewing machines progress eventuallly to greater heights of wankery via football ground speaker systems in their cars, the untrammelled loudspeakers in a range of mobile trader enterprises constantly touting business up and down sois and villages, or temple P systems or just plain inconsiderate displays of deafening blasts at all-weekend parties for equally drunken bands or karaoke singrs who believe the decibels cancel out off-key notes. I'm tireed of such idiocy waking me at 3am each weekend night. Town or rural - doesn't sem to make any difference.

I think you already know the answer to your woes.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎19‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:36 PM, jaymbkk said:

I agree with you. Probably made to compensate the rather small men attributes those guys have.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

That's one view...there is another....the whiners are just jealous that they can't, never have had, and never will have the balls to do anything 'diffferent' as much as they wish they did.

Just spent their lives conforming (and in their latter years, complaining).

All good little citizen robots, completely programmed by big brother in their mother country.

Quite sad really

God I love Thailand.

40 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

That's one view...there is another....the whiners are just jealous that they can't, never have had, and never will have the balls to do anything 'diffferent' as much as they wish they did.

Just spent their lives conforming (and in their latter years, complaining).

All good little citizen robots, completely programmed by big brother in their mother country.

Quite sad really

God I love Thailand.

+1.

That is a very good post from the 1st line to the last.

2 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

+1.

That is a very good post from the 1st line to the last.

Thank you

My favourite quote is "Ageing is inevitable but growing old is optional"

I still enjoy firing up the old iron head sportster with straight though drag pipes at 62 years old. (me 62 the bikes still a youngster at only 44 years old)

1 minute ago, macknife said:

What is it with old people and noise?

Most bikes whizz past in a flash. If you live next to a noisy road.......Move.

With full respect to you fellow poster, you may find the answer to your question when you grow old?

1 minute ago, macknife said:

What is it with old people and noise?

Most bikes whizz past in a flash. If you live next to a noisy road.......Move.

Funnily enough a lot of old people hate noise because they are partially deaf and they don't realise it. It really messes with their perception of things. Industrial deafness is often the cause. Can't hear the higher frequencies.

1 minute ago, observer90210 said:

With full respect to you fellow poster, you may find the answer to your question when you grow old?

I already consider myself fairly old. I just don't complain endlessly about petty issues.

We were all young once, and i just hope I never become like some posters I'm seeing here.

4 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I have no intention of growing old...ageing yes...not a thing I can do about that....growing old.....I certainly hope not.  There is a difference.

I've known old people at 45 and young people at 70 years old.

When you are sitting there at 85 years old in your slippers having a warm cup of hot chocolate at 6pm you'll hear me going past on my bike at 85 years old hopefully with some firm bodied bar girl pressed up hard against me.

Edited by tryasimight

3 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

I have no intention of growing old...ageing yes...growing old.....I certainly hope not.  There is a difference.

I've known old people at 45 and young people at 70 years old

I am sure you understood my initial point:sleep:

4 minutes ago, macknife said:

I already consider myself fairly old. I just don't complain endlessly about petty issues.

We were all young once, and i just hope I never become like some posters I'm seeing here.

I fully agree with you that when I read certain issues here from racists or white supremacists, I thank and pray the lord never to end up like such chaps.

2 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

my profound apologies.....I do

I think the quote function has Alzheimer's setting in.

But as they say...I'd rather have Alzheimer's than Parkinsons .....I'd rather forget to pay for my beer than knock it over!

..gotta laugh at some of these replies...

..as surely as has been the case with some of my posts....or even worse reactions....

...but...

...having taken motorcycle taxis extensively....I think I have the answer...

...not about egos...or size of....whatever....as....women as well have noisy bikes...

...intentional....yes...although in some cases it is just the condition or repair of the bike....

...reason....???

...safety.....to be heard....then....to be seen....

...and then hopefully .....given enough 'right of way'...to pass safely...especially when zipping between cars....

...and I see their point....

3 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Thank you

My favourite quote is "Ageing is inevitable but growing old is optional"

I still enjoy firing up the old iron head sportster with straight though drag pipes at 62 years old. (me 62 the bikes still a youngster at only 44 years old)

Iron head Sporty over here?

I am doing up an iron head motor here for a friend, i think a later .'78 or '79.

9 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Iron head Sporty over here?

I am doing up an iron head motor here for a friend, i think a later .'78 or '79.

I wish the bike was here . I'm still trying to find a way to import it as a vintage machine rather then used.

• 3 weeks later...

There are loud bikes that play music and noisy bikes that sound like crap.  Depends on the bike and the rider playing it. 

As far as noise goes, there's nothing like an outlaw sprint car race.  Oval dirt track, maybe a dozen little open-wheel cars with 800 horsepower V-8s and straight pipes.  I took my boy to a race once and we were running late.  As we approached the bleachers, the race began from a running start.  The sound just about knocked the boy down! 

On 7/19/2017 at 3:24 PM, lanng khao said:

A tearaway, a rasper, a bubble and a sqeak, a wet one, a dry one, and one the doesn't speak,, which one do you prefer?..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I am well versed in all, I'm afraid..??

On 7/19/2017 at 9:11 PM, Tapster said:

I don't think Thailand recognises noise pollution as a "thing". Certainly, Thai people seem immune to it, mostly. 

You're never going to stop loud exhausts. They are exciting and give bikes that 'go faster' feel, especially if you can't afford a bike that goes faster! 

This is a regular thread. There was one like it a few months ago. It really does bring all the grumpy old men out! 

As I might have said in the last such thread, one is usually exposed to a loud exhaust sound for only a few seconds, as the offending vehicle goes by. 

I think it says a lot about what's going on in your heads if a few seconds of noise result in hours of complaining! 

I have to disagree, with thousands and thousands of bikes, it is a steady constant barrage of sound... Fortunately for some of us old geezers, I can just pop out the old hearing aids a Carry on..?