Bangkok Passport Office?

Dear Thaivisa user's

I need to get my Thai girl friend a passport.

I am leaving the UK in Feb to go marry her in Thailand. I want to apply for a tourist visa,so I can bring her Back to the UK,to stay with me for a period of time.

I have only got 1 month in Thailand to sort out,Passport,marriage,visa. I know this is not a lot of time,so if I can make it run smoothly with your good help,this would be great!

Where in Bangkok can I get her a passport,what I/D would she need and how long would a passport take to process?

If you can help me that would be brill.

Happy New Year to every one.

Thanks Tyler

it's in Taling Chan, Thonburi, the big dark blue skyscrapper - before the southern bus terminal. bus 127, 177, 515, 516.

about 1k baht, pictures, application form, ID.

if your gf is not from Bangkok (looks like she doesn't know where is the passport office) she might have to go to her home town

I need to get my Thai girl friend a passport.
If she lives in Southern Thailand she can go to Haad Yai,there are other regional offices too. She needs her ID card and to complete a form, they take the digital photos etc there.The passport will be sent by courier when completed.takes about a week. She doesn't need you to get her passport so she could do that before you arrived. Edited by Mahout Angrit

Go to the Main office at Chang Wattana, out near the old airport.

You will need to go there anyway for the verification of your marriage paperwork.

Your first stop should be your embassy for your marriage paperwork, then you get this translated to thai, ( there are plenty or translation services near the embassy) and then take it to the legalisation section at Chang Wattana.

While there you can do your g/fs passport at the same time. Both take about 4 days to get back.

Your g/f will need her id card and she should also take the house book (tambien bahn). Although they may not need the tambian bahn, its safer to take it as well.

Then its of to an Amphurs office for the marriage , which is a very simple process.

With your gf/wife visa ,not sure what the current waiting time for the interview is after you lodge the application. Perhaps others can help here.

Good Luck.