Students call for justice after teacher assaults them in Southern Thai school.

rooster59

Students call for justice after teacher assaults them in Southern Thai school.

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzU3MC8yODUyNDYyL25ld3MxNC5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

Horrific pictures of two Phattalung students who were attacked by a school teacher have appeared online.

The students' "crime" was leaving the school on a motorbike to go to an ATM to get money so they could buy their lunch.

They were seen by a "protective services" teacher and on their return from the ATM ask to explain why they left the campus.

They were told it was against the rules - both were told to line up and hit with a rattan cane on the calves 15 times each.

The parents complained after the incident on July 13th but the teacher and other staff just threatened them back.

The children had come under increasing pressure at school after posting the images of the assault on the "Mem Pho Dam" Facebook page.

The director of the school tried to hush it all up saying that he accepted that the teacher had given the punishment and was in the wrong.

But an apology satisfied no one.

Now both a children's protection organization and the Phattalung Education Authority are on the case.

Thaivisa notes that corporal punishment is illegal in schools in Thailand but the practice continues with police often reluctant to press charges.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-22

12 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

The parents complained after the incident on July 13th but the teacher and other staff just threatened them back.

The children had come under increasing pressure at school after posting the images of the assault on the "Mem Pho Dam" Facebook page.

The director of the school tried to hush it all up saying that he accepted that the teacher had given the punishment and was in the wrong.

This just the sort of qualitative research and report that helps explain the scarred psychoses widespread in the subservient, oppressed majority of the Thai population.  I wonder how long - and what level of abuse and endorsed oppression - it will take before the large majority are pushed overf the edge and strike back en masse.  Unthinking idiots with a little authority don't seem to realise they're hastening the end of their masters'days of privilege.

I suppose they'll be the first to express surprise.

Horrific surely a lesser punishment could have been administered. I think the boys 

should have asked permission to leave the school premises. what if they had been

involved in a serious accident then all hell would have broke out therefore the

school would have been in serious trouble. 

Way back in the distant past, I left my high school grounds in Australia without permission.  (I walked - no scooters then).

I was caught on the way in, and got a taste of rattan.

Six of the best across my hand.

It smarted for a day or two, but none of the needless brutality that seems to be the norm in Thai schools.

It amazes me that some of these sadistic Thai chalkies are not sued for assault.

Glad it didn't happen to my 7yo niece here or I would plant 15 lashes across the face of the teacher and take my chances with a fine or 30 days in jail. Why the face ?  So other teachers could see and be warned.

8 hours ago, sandemara said:

This just the sort of qualitative research and report that helps explain the scarred psychoses widespread in the subservient, oppressed majority of the Thai population.  I wonder how long - and what level of abuse and endorsed oppression - it will take before the large majority are pushed overf the edge and strike back en masse.  Unthinking idiots with a little authority don't seem to realise they're hastening the end of their masters'days of privilege.

It might just happen when THEY decide to do something about it, who knows

34 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The last sentence in the report says it all. The police prefer not to enforce the law. Nothing unusual there.

Why does Thailand have a police force? Anyone got any ideas?

No, but I am open to suggestions, same as you

7 hours ago, sandemara said:

A disgrace how old r kids ? Did they have a licence ! Jaunta will excuse teacher's abuse justified teaching  naturally teacher was upset young kids may of been 

involved in an accident 

+ left school without permission on a scooter no licence what else could teacher do a beating was apropriate teaching "very caring 

teacher ! 

Bad kids " not bad teacher " all over 

justerfied beating " criky ur hauled in for singing + to many pelvic thrust's , Welcome new world order of thailand " sorry kids terrible vicious beating no excuses .

10 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

Glad it didn't happen to my 7yo niece here or I would plant 15 lashes across the face of the teacher and take my chances with a fine or 30 days in jail. Why the face ?  So other teachers could see and be warned.

+ deportation not just 30 days .

2 hours ago, Tony125 said:

Sounds so macho but I very much doubt that you would do exactly that.  Easy to mouth off as so many like to do on this forum.  

29 minutes ago, The Deerhunter said:

Sounds so macho but I very much doubt that you would do exactly that.  Easy to mouth off as so many like to do on this forum.  

And then starts bragging how the girlfriend got a slap for not doing as she was told. Yes, know the type....

3 hours ago, masuk said:

ay back in the distant past, I left my high school grounds in Australia without permission.  (I walked - no scooters then).

I was caught on the way in, and got a taste of rattan.

Six of the best across my hand.

It smarted for a day or two, but none of the needless brutality that seems to be the norm in Thai schools.

It amazes me that some of these sadistic Thai chalkies are not sued for assault.

I remember those days. Six on each hand in the headmasters office and administered by a diminutive Deputy-Head who had to stand on tippy toes to get the cane down from a great height. Mind you I was a bit naughty.

12 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The last sentence in the report says it all. The police prefer not to enforce the law. Nothing unusual there.

They collect taxes & tea money.

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yeah great question Why does Thailand have a police force? Guess it creates jobs and they do look good in there uniforms and shiny boots Plus the medals look great. Question Do they have a police training centre in Thailand?

5 hours ago, Happyman58 said:

Yeah great question Why does Thailand have a police force? Guess it creates jobs and they do look good in there uniforms and shiny boots Plus the medals look great. Question Do they have a police training centre in Thailand?

Yeah.  That's where they get the parachuting meddle.

On ‎22‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, oldgent said:

Horrific surely a lesser punishment could have been administered. I think the boys 

should have asked permission to leave the school premises. what if they had been

involved in a serious accident then all hell would have broke out therefore the

school would have been in serious trouble. 

Where does it mention the students were boys?

Reading between the lines (southern school, protective services teacher) makes me wonder if it wasn't an Islamic area and the students were girls being put in their rightful place according to the religion of peace doctrine.

1 hour ago, tryasimight said:

Where does it mention the students were boys?

Reading between the lines (southern school, protective services teacher) makes me wonder if it wasn't an Islamic area and the students were girls being put in their rightful place according to the religion of peace doctrine.

sorry my mistake thank you for pointing that out

When I was a boy it was a few licks by the teacher followed by a few more from the principle followed by a few more when I got home. I turned out just fine.

In my 16 yrs of teaching here in Thailand I've never seen anyone get hit anywhere except the butt at school. I have seen kids get slapped in the head and on the arms and legs by parents though.

I don't like it but it's none of my business to interfere with their culture. Life has a way of evolving as it will here someday.

On 7/22/2017 at 6:17 PM, Mad mick said:

+ deportation not just 30 days .

Don't think so--here is report of guy who pulled a knife on people in road rage incident , he got 500 baht fine. many case here on TV were people have been slashed in Pattaya , just 500 baht fine.