my wife wont believe me

buffallobill

32 minutes ago, bberrythailand said:

Yes, exactly, I also prefer to pay them by act now ! Paying full time for a GF or wide that you do just few times a month is really stupid, I will never do it again !

How much is your break even point ?

Edited by Been there done that
Incorrect question

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

They won't see any difference because they are not exposed to Christian beliefs. Just as many Christians are not exposed to Buddhist philosophy.

That other weirdo? Pots and kettles spring to mind.

Now you do make me defend christians!

The average christian has read a book on buddhism - from his local library.

Therefore he knows more about real buddhism than the average Asian style  buddhist.

Peace of mind / dis - attachment / respect - all these words are so outlandish here in buddhaland.

My wife did not even understand karma or lent.

Untill I explained.

Now she understands, but does not think it is in any way a usefull concept.

7 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Now you do make me defend christians!

The average christian has read a book on buddhism - from his local library.

Therefore he knows more about real buddhism than the average Asian style  buddhist.

Peace of mind / dis - attachment / respect - all these words are so outlandish here in buddhaland.

My wife did not even understand karma or lent.

Untill I explained.

Now she understands, but does not think it is in any way a usefull concept.

You do not show much class by calling a person with who you are engaged in a discussion "weirdo". 

Just now, Been there done that said:

Staying polite works best. If that does not do the trick just ignore those people.

Sometimes keeping it a little light hearted is good too - sure he never meant anything offensive by it, if I had a baht for every time I had been called a weirdo well........

53 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Staying polite works best. If that does not do the trick just ignore those people.

And what do you call a person that just fires one liners, without ever contributing to the discussion?

I am not talking about that other poster, get it?

55 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

Sometimes keeping it a little light hearted is good too - sure he never meant anything offensive by it, if I had a baht for every time I had been called a weirdo well........

I am a weirdo - and have been ever since the sixties.... and hoping to keep it up for another decade.

What would the world be without weirdos?

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

As if you would know.

You have been shushed away from several other threads.

Maybe time to set up a new account and start from zero.

50 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

I am a weirdo - and have been ever since the sixties.... and hoping to keep it up for another decade.

What would the world be without weirdos?

Full support old hippy dude, vive la difference!

old got the t shirt is intolerant to say the least

50 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

As if you would know.

You have been shushed away from several other threads.

Maybe time to set up a new account and start from zero.

Go for it hippy dude, this long time loser gets his ass whooped every time he tries to be clever 

Just now, The Dark Lord said:

Full support old hippy dude, vive la difference!

old got the t shirt is intolerant to say the least

Thanks Le Hiso Noir.

Oh I have not been posting on "the" thread for a while - not because I lost interest, but because my problems seem so futile compared to yours and other posters' problems.

Enjoy your liberty.....

39 minutes ago, PomPolo said:

Ooh been doing your research! Sad in so many ways!

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not so newbie, old hippy dude is a prolific poster of both humour as well as sage advice. When "captain sarco" appears with his " oh so clever" postings on the more serious or light hearted discussions, he gets his ass whooped every time. Sort of guy who joins you in the pub but never buys a round and the next day nobody can tell if he was there or not as his contribution other than being unwanted is infantile in its attempt at being supercilious. 

1 minute ago, The Dark Lord said:

Not so newbie, old hippy dude is a prolific poster of both humour as well as sage advice. When "captain sarco" appears with his " oh so clever" postings on the more serious or light hearted discussions, he gets his ass whooped every time. Sort of guy who joins you in the pub but never buys a round and the next day nobody can tell if he was there or not as his contribution other than being unwanted is infantile in its attempt at being supercilious. 

Now tell us again that you do not have the gift of the written word.

Sailor eh?

Does that word include logbook writers or captains?

3 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

Thanks Le Hiso Noir.

Oh I have not been posting on "the" thread for a while - not because I lost interest, but because my problems seem so futile compared to yours and other posters' problems.

Enjoy your liberty.....

Thanks hippy dude, we all have our problems and a few of us are man enough to open up with the more intelligent amongst us but there is one for sure who is so wound up in bitterness that all he can do is spout infantile rubbish in a vain attempt to appear intelligent or clever. 

Dont suffer alone dude, you deserve better. 

54 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

Awareness of self is always a good trait. I am confident that you will recover from your nasty experiences.

2 minutes ago, Been there done that said:

Awareness of self is always a good trait. I am confident that you will recover from your nasty experiences.

At least give us a chance to like you?

We are not bad people, and neither are you.

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

The dark enigma....

Please say hello to your sister from me.

Let the power be with you! - (I believe somebody said that before) - but I mean it.

Oh old hippy dude, she is getting pissed at me for my profuse thanks already but I will find a suitable time in which to express your kind wishes to her and her super but long suffering husband. They really are a cracking pair and should the dark one once more come to your shores, I will, if you agree, pay you a visit and regain you in numerous stories, some of which will give you a fantastic insight into what a great gal she is. 

Take care old friend, I appreciate your company and support along this tricky path that I chose to follow. 

On 7/24/2017 at 9:59 PM, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

And if I may ask how much have you spend on the rent over the last 14 years? Most properties have a 10 to 14 year breakeven point, meaning that after paying rent for 10 years you have paid an amount equal to the purchase price of that property. Talking about penny wise pound foolish.

(I have missed a lot of posts, but) buying property without security is like betting on a relationship to last 35 years, or the lottery will come up for you in the next 20. Condo leases are short, not 99 years. Land you can only buy through the back door. Fine if you stay together, but she gets the lot if you don't.

If you know everything why ask for advice?

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

There are few posters on this thread that seem to have forgotten the rules.

1/ Have a huge amount of money in the bank and a terrific high paid job with all the perks.

2/ Marry a Hi-so girl with daddy's permission and her own enormous income.

3/ Don't take a mia noi, or indulge in Gigs, massage girls or her sisters, cousins, the maid etc.

4/ Love her frequently and constantly shower her in new cars, yapping dogs and jewellery.

5/ Tell her she is the most beautiful creature on the planet when she puts on 20Kgs.

6/ Forgive her for shagging the pool boy, and your worst business rival.

7/ Stay calm when her jealous friends tell her you are gay and are also shagging the pool boy!

8/ Sack the pool boy but give him your number. When he doesn't call and your wife smells of chlorine, remember where you left your gun.

And don't forget: "I divorce you once, twice and three times" might not get you out of the shit you are in.

Unless you have still got big bucks in the bank.....

Other than that it is dead easy...

:jap:

But I'm only joking of course.

:giggle:

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback

On 24.7.2560 at 7:13 PM, Been there done that said:

Correct. I wonder though if their opinions would change if they could speak the lingo.

My american friend who is very fluent in Thai, married to a lovely Thai lady since many years, seems to have a more than less favourable opinion of Thai males. Right or wrong I can't tell as I don't speak Thai and I am not at all interested to have close relationship with Thais. Been invited a couple of times to some events. It's all about eating and (excessive) drinking with unbearable loud "music", where one cannot even understand ones own words, not to mention somebody talking to you. Always been happy when I was home alone with my lovely Thai wife.