my wife wont believe me

buffallobill

I think there is a simple reason why our Thai wives mistrust what we tell them about inheritance, wills, etc.

In our countries there are rules concerning inheritance, and they are applied.

No bank or will executor would dare to go against the law.

In Thailand there are no rules, basically a man is completely free to do as he pleases and  leave his possessions to whoever he wants. And banks.....

Try to explain to your wife that when you die, she will have legal rights.....? Impossible!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, oldhippy said:

Are you talking to me or to my great grandfather?

Missionaries? In AD 2017?

Er - there are plenty of Christian missionaries in Thailand. A couple of them live in my condo.

1 minute ago, bazza73 said:

Er - there are plenty of Christian missionaries in Thailand. A couple of them live in my condo.

Ah yes, the morons, or how do they call themselves again?

Does anybody take them seriously?

(apart from Americans, particularly one presidential candidate)

6 hours ago, daphnia88 said:

Why you people still put up with this kind of attitude I'll never understand..... Aren't you supposed to be educated folks from "the west"? Why put up with all this stupidity?

When I was young I never put up with this or other stupidity.

I never argued with GF's, bosses or other fools. I just walked out on them.

I am 66 now. Where can I walk to now?

Choices fade as one gets older.

There are always choices. I have learned to walk and give up on fools. Can't live with them i tried it once it wrecked me.

Being alone is not that bad i often like it.

can i ask you why you think choices fade when you get older as you are really not that old at 66

10 hours ago, robblok said:

There are always choices. I have learned to walk and give up on fools. Can't live with them i tried it once it wrecked me.

Being alone is not that bad i often like it.

i agree mate here you can live alone dose not mean you have to spend too much time alone or sleep alone. best thing i ever done was stop living with these women.:smile:

13 hours ago, oldhippy said:

can i ask you why you think choices fade when you get older as you are really not that old at 66

48 minutes ago, catman20 said:

Thanks for saying that I am not old....

I do not want to live in a city, the fruit / flower garden where I live now suits me perfectly.

That means no contact with other farangs, no "rental women", no restaurants, no social life - and that is fine for me.

I prefer the sounds of nature, the mountain view, the fresh fruit & vegetables. My last choice...

But for that I need a wife... so I put up with her hysterical fits (in between tantrums she is an intelligent woman, sexy and very good looking at 62).

But the arrival of her lazy 26 yo son who lost his job in BKK may just push me over the edge.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

I do not want to live in a city, the fruit / flower garden where I live now suits me perfectly.

That means no contact with other farangs, no "rental women", no restaurants, no social life - and that is fine for me.

I prefer the sounds of nature, the mountain view, the fresh fruit & vegetables. My last choice...

But for that I need a wife... so I put up with her hysterical fits (in between tantrums she is an intelligent woman, sexy and very good looking at 62).

But the arrival of her lazy 26 yo son who lost his job in BKK may just push me over the edge.

Reading the tenure of your comments, his arrival may have even done you a favour. You know your real position now.

Take care.

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

Do you need a wife? Or do you need someone to assist you in your chores?

I'm sort of in a similar situation. Live outside BKK, not far, but no bars around. Have restaurants and karaoke.

Any farang places? Don't know.

I have a live in maid/house keeper. Great lady in her late 50s.

We don't have any sex and we don't sleep together, but are good friends.

Helps me with whatever I need help with. Besides doing laundry, food and keeping house tidy.

Comfortable arrangement.

3 hours ago, oldhippy said:

ok i see and understand you better now. maybe if things dont change at home you may be better off moving to somewhere where there are rentals ect. good luck anyway.

My first ever post and nearly 200 comments.... its nice that about 10 % of them are answering my question. Thanks.

I got back to Thailand yesterday, and discussed everything with my wife, its a lot easier than when we talked about it on Messenger.

it turns out that the Aunt is getting married (ceremony not amphur) and then going to Denmark later in the year to "officially" marry. the confusion was that the Aunt didnt realise that because my wife and i were married in an Amphur we are legally married already. I explaine this to my wife, and now she understands, and believes me :)

My first ever post and nearly 200 comments.... its nice that about 10 % of them are answering my question. Thanks.
I got back to Thailand yesterday, and discussed everything with my wife, its a lot easier than when we talked about it on Messenger.
it turns out that the Aunt is getting married (ceremony not amphur) and then going to Denmark later in the year to "officially" marry. the confusion was that the Aunt didnt realise that because my wife and i were married in an Amphur we are legally married already. I explaine this to my wife, and now she understands, and believes me :)

Sorry to say it, but she doesn't believe you. She just accepted your assertions based on Aunties validation.

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

whats with all this marriage stuff were non of you breast feed as babies ? i just dont get this compulsory desire to marry anyone. learn to take care of yourselves its a lot less stressful in the long run.:sorry:

Forced marriages in thailand now. I feel sorry for these young women.

On 28/07/2017 at 4:47 PM, buffallobill said:

The aunt confused legal wedding and monkee wedding?

And your wife too did not understand the difference?

Get real mate!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 5:52 AM, buffallobill said:

473geo, its not my pension in 14 years, that her aunt dosnt think my wife will get, her aunt thinks she wont get my properties or my life insurance, which is rubish as i have written a will. The post is more about why my wife believes people who tell her shit, even though i tell her differently...

You need to make a will in Thailand then. Take her to the lawyer's office when you sign it, so they can answer any questions she has.

Easy.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 7:45 AM, oldhippy said:

I feel for you, really.

I was in that position in the village with the ratbag nephews. Solved for a while by moving, but unfortunately the ratbaggiest nephew also moved close enough to turn up whenever he wanted and she would not say no to family ( a mere farang would never come before family ).

That one got solved by divorce, but not a good solution.

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You need to make a will in Thailand then. Take her to the lawyer's office when you sign it, so they can answer any questions she has.

Easy.

why leave asstes to people that do not beleive in you?

On 8/12/2017 at 6:05 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

If he doesn't want to leave his assets to her he should get divorced. Otherwise, I'm trying to answer the OP.

Thank you, thaibeachlovers, I have no intention of getting divorced, our relationship is very good most of the time. I dont have much in Thailand, but will write a will here, just to cover money in bank ect

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 3:45 PM, buffallobill said:

Thank you, thaibeachlovers, I have no intention of getting divorced, our relationship is very good most of the time. I dont have much in Thailand, but will write a will here, just to cover money in bank ect

I never intended to get divorced either. Unfortunately s*** happens. I would happily have left her everything, but it was only good till it wasn't.

I wuz lucky and she went for the quicky divorce.

Archived