Fantasy football UK

owl sees all

I love the fantasy football that the UK has to offer. It keeps me very much in touch with England. Whenever I go to my local bar or coffee house 50% of the chat/banter/discussion is about English footy. Most do the fantasy football run by the UK papers. 

I have teams in three different competitions this season coming. I want to hear from footy fans about your fantasy football teams etc.

Season 2017/2018 is nearly upon us.

I'm going to kick off by saying what I've done so far this season.

I've bought 9 teams for a tenner in Telegraph FF. This seems pretty good VFM although additional teams are quite a bit more expensive.

I used to do the Sun FF a few years back but it turned me off when a standing order element was introduced. This year I've just gone for the free team.

Draft footy. I've just seen my team and it's awful. No worse than some others though; that's draft footy all over.

So that's it for now but I'll probably do a couple of others. Oh yes! In saying that I've done a 3bee on the Championship.

The Daily Mail FF is no longer with us. Which is fortunate due to the ban on the paper here in Thailand and also that is had become very complicated to follow; double points for this and that.

10 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Would be a brave man that posts his teams though owl! 

LOL

You are not wrong there but a couple of years ago in the Sun game all the teams were transparent. Their transfer system then stopped anyone duplicating top leaders.

The best I have ever done in FF was place#101 in the Sun competition 8 years ago. Although i did well in the Evening Standard game many years before. I also won some dosh on PP last man standing (though not FF I know) before it was scrapped.

This post is either a very slow starter,  the interest is just not there or there is already a thread running on this topic.

Anyway we will soldier on.

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

LOL

You are not wrong there but a couple of years ago in the Sun game all the teams were transparent. Their transfer system then stopped anyone duplicating top leaders.

The best I have ever done in FF was place#101 in the Sun competition 8 years ago. Although i did well in the Evening Standard game many years before. I also won some dosh on PP last man standing (though not FF I know) before it was scrapped.

This post is either a very slow starter,  the interest is just not there or there is already a topic on this; hard to find out the way the TvisvF is set up.

Anyway we will soldier on.

101st place that's got to be a typo or we talking about those kamikaze Ericsson teams who came out of nowhere wirh Benjamin and elanother leading the way.

I'd be interested in knowing some of your picks. I'm a bit off the ball with it all I thought there was rules like only 2 players from a team etc.

Off my head id have the following lads if they fit into the budget:

GK - Schmeichel 

D1 - Ryan Bertrand

D2 - Mamadou  Sakho if CP buy him

D3 - Koscielny

D4 - Gary Cahill

M1 - Alli

M2 - Wijnaldum

M3 - Mkitharayan 

F1 - Kane

F2 - Lukaku

F3 - inheacho 

3 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

101st place that's got to be a typo or we talking about those kamikaze Ericsson teams who came out of nowhere wirh Benjamin and elanother leading the way.

#101; that's correct. When you consider there were over 500k teams it wasn't bad. Malouda was a good player for me that year. My next best team that year was 2k something.

The Telgraph FF has grown in strength and size since then and is my favourite.

What competition is your team for Rc?

Over the years I've learnt to be careful at the back. For instance don't have a back four consisting of promoted team defenders; they let in too many goals.

This year I really fancy Man Cty and I've been on their thread trying to glean some info on their defence. I think it's going to be the meanest in the PL.

20 minutes ago, wilai said:

Just came #1 in the world in the Women's World Cup....Anyone want to buy a cricket bat?....or a signed Tendulka shirt?.

This post has me baffled I have to say. Is it cryptic? 

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

#101; that's correct. When you consider there were over 500k teams it wasn't bad. Malouda was a good player for me that year. My next best team that year was 2k something.

The Telgraph FF has grown in strength and size since then and is my favourite.

What competition is your team for Rc?

Over the years I've learnt to be careful at the back. For instance don't have a back four consisting of promoted team defenders; they let in too many goals.

This year I really fancy Man Cty and I've been on their thread trying to glean some info on their defence. I think it's going to be the meanest in the PL.

Yes Malouda that team was a bunch of mercenaries. Winston bogarde, Alex all pay packets but got chelsea out the blocks. 101st is very good.

But that's where my compliments end and are you not a man city and your on here blowing your teams trumpet but OWL you gotta be f $#c king kidding me on MC this season. Guardiola will bottle it I just don't fancy the lad he seems unsure, indecisive and harbours a grudge and those traits will be like a wave through the team a wave of destruction.  Selling inheacho, no real replacement, no nolitto, aguero hitting 30 very soon and top that all off with a defence very much in transition and you will be lucky with top 6. Shbolic activity by MC in the market thus far IMO 

1 minute ago, Rc2702 said:

But that's where my compliments end and are you not a man city and your on here blowing your teams trumpet but OWL you gotta be f $#c king kidding me on MC this season. Guardiola will bottle it I just don't fancy the lad he seems unsure, indecisive and harbours a grudge and those traits will be like a wave through the team a wave of destruction.  Selling inheacho, no real replacement, no nolitto, aguero hitting 30 very soon and top that all off with a defence very much in transition and you will be lucky with top 6. Shbolic activity by MC in the market thus far IMO 

In one of my teams I've got a mix of MCty and Chelsea. I have both Aguero and Jesus up front. put Kante in midfield instead of Hazard or DeBruin (budget reasons).

2 minutes ago, wilai said:

Have either of you two joined the Thai Visa Leagues yet? Don't see any newbies in the listings. Codes are given above.

They are links to some cricket leagues Wilai but good point of there's a FFL here I'll have a go.

In one of my teams I've got a mix of MCty and Chelsea. I have both Aguero and Jesus up front. put Kante in midfield instead of Hazard or DeBruin (budget reasons).

Owl you have 9 teams and your being well stingy with info I gotta say. Break a few teams out MR 101 let's see if you got some nous

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

In ID 11?

Clicked on it straight to ICC cricket.

Wrong post.....so I bumped the correct one. The link you looked at was proof of my cricketing prowess:whistling:

Go to Fantasy Premier League, do the admin stuff and go to join leagues. Enter the relevant codes and you are in. One team only OSA! (If the powers that be spot you with more than one, they will ban you from the overall comp). You can use auto select for your team and change as required before the season starts.

8 minutes ago, wilai said:

Wrong post.....so I bumped the correct one. The link you looked at was proof of my cricketing prowess:whistling:

Go to Fantasy Premier League, do the admin stuff and go to join leagues. Enter the relevant codes and you are in. One team only OSA! (If the powers that be spot you with more than one, they will ban you from the overall comp). You can use auto select for your team and change as required before the season starts.

Thanks Wilai I'll definitely be joining but I'm gonna hold out until transfer deadline when the dust is settled. 

Just now, Rc2702 said:

Thanks Wilai I'll definitely be joining but I'm gonna hold out until transfer deadline when the dust is settled. 

The Head to Head league will close when the season starts and if you wait until end of the transfer window in the classic, you give everyone else a couple of weeks head start, so not worth waiting IMO.

5 minutes ago, wilai said:

The Head to Head league will close when the season starts and if you wait until end of the transfer window in the classic, you give everyone else a couple of weeks head start, so not worth waiting IMO.

Ok thanks I'll get it sorted this week then.

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Owl you have 9 teams and your being well stingy with info I gotta say. Break a few teams out MR 101 let's see if you got some nous

one for now; bearing in mind that I can change it any time up to the Arsenal v Leicester match.

Cortouise CH

Walker MC

Alonso CH

Kompany MC

Azipuquetta CH

Ericksen TOT

Kante CH

Arnautovic WHU

Ramsey ARS

Aguero MC

Jesus MC

one for now; bearing in mind that I can change it any time up to the Arsenal v Leicester match.

Cortouise CH

Walker MC

Alonso CH

Kompany MC

Azipuquetta CH

Ericksen TOT

Kante CH

Arnautovic WHU

Ramsey ARS

Aguero MC

Jesus MC

Solid defence if VK reprises his role next season.but Ramsay and I like the lad but I think he's in cruise control at arsenal and could have kicked on a lot more but his shine always fades for AFC.

Arnautovic I think is a great option and he will be a better player at WHU. Nice choices 

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Solid defence if VK reprises his role next season.but Ramsay and I like the lad but I think he's in cruise control at arsenal and could have kicked on a lot more but his shine always fades for AFC.

My thinking with Ramsey is this; he was setting the FF world alight a couple of years back, getting goals by breaking from midfield like Lungberg used to at his best. Then he was injured. Out for yonks. I hope with a trouble free pre' he will be back to his best. Ozil is too expensive and both Ox and Theo are not for me (at this time). Can't afford Sanchez BUT Azip out and Bertrand in then!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've got Y Toure on the sidelines along with Sigurdson.

21 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Good to see a regular footy forum poster entering. Some of the most prolific posters on the footy threads don't seem to have the bottle....they know who they are:passifier:

19 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Ramsay and I like the lad but I think he's in cruise control

Again on Ramsey! Venger would always spend an hour or so every training session on the quick passing and there was some criticism that (and you may well remember it) 'they are trying to pass the ball into the net'. It gradually changed and evolved to as it is today. I think Ramsey was a better player when they 'pinged' the ball about.

One thing about FF is that the top scoring players one week could be 10mil below the limit but that same set of players over the course of a season would be way down the list. With the Sun it's essential to get the team right from the start. The Telegraph FF allows transfers at any time some players might be in for a couple of games and then not in the team again. With the Sun game if you don't get it right from the start you can't catch up.

Last year I was hopeless. I had 20 teams and the best I could do was a #54 with one half way through the season. That team faded into 3k.

I did have a team on Premier League but did so badly I didn't follow it all the way through. My 3bee team on the Sun finished about 4k something.

Updated codes:

Thai Visa are running two leagues using the 'Official' FPL game. Entry Codes are:

10644-3677 for the Classic League

10644-4601 for the Head to Head League

See the top thread for any information/questions 

On 28/07/2017 at 2:17 AM, wilai said:

Updated codes:

Thai Visa are running two leagues using the 'Official' FPL game. Entry Codes are:

10644-3677 for the Classic League

10644-4601 for the Head to Head League

See the top thread for any information/questions 

So where so I put these codes mate?

In which website? 

27 Entrants in the Classic League. Just 13 in the Head to Head.

H2H entries SHOULD be made before midnight on Friday as the league will close automatically at 00:45 (Thai) and the site is expected to be very busy and may crash or slow down.

H2H Code:    10644-4601

Archived