Legal Execution Dept gets Yingluck’s 12 bank accounts

snoop1130

Legal Execution Dept gets Yingluck’s 12 bank accounts

Yingluck@SuprmCourt_170723_0075.jpg

The committee for the examination of Yingluck Shinawatra’s assets has submitted a list of 12 bank accounts of the former prime minister to the Legal Execution Department as part of the process to seize her assets under an administrative order, Finance Ministry permanent secretary Somchai Sajjapong said on Monday.

Ms Yingluck has been ordered by a government committee to pay 35.1 billion baht in damages allegedly incurred by her rice-pledging scheme.

Mr Somchai said the list of the 12 bank accounts of Ms Yingluck was sent to the Legal Execution Department two weeks ago, but declined to disclose the amounts in them.

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/legal-execution-dept-gets-yinglucks-12-bank-accounts/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-7-24

She can have a 100 bank accounts, and no one will ever know the rel true how

many she has.. the question is, how much money are in those accounts?

not much probably, only as much as she's willing to lose....

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

But they haven't heard the verdict yet?

:cheesy: Just kidding we all know the verdict. 

Yes we all knew the verdict was a forgone conclusion before her trial started. Prayuths black magician told him so.

Strange how Prayuth also knew the verdict of the human trafficking case before it was handed down also giving him time to announce not to judge all military on a few bad apples. So much for the seperation of power.

Lets hope the tables are turned in future and Prayuth faces judgement day. Already decided of course in line with Thai legal tradition.

Edited by Reigntax

9 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Mr Somchai said the list of the 12 bank accounts of Ms Yingluck was sent to the Legal Execution Department two weeks ago, but declined to disclose the amounts in them.

So much for transparency .   Perhaps Yingluck can beat them to the punch. 

Govt to seize 12 of Yingluck’s bank accounts

By THE NATION

0a4abdb2958ca066bae13e929c52cc80.jpeg

Yingluck Shinawatra

First civil liability action taken over rice-pledging row

BANGKOK: -- TWELVE of Yingluck Shinawatra’s bank accounts will be seized by the Department of Legal Execution in the first civil liability action against the ex-premier whose rice-pledging scheme has been alleged to have caused huge financial damages to the country.

Somchai Sujjapongse, permanent secretary for finance, said the Finance Ministry, representing the government as the plaintiff, was also pursuing other assets belonging to the ex-premier.

The asset seizures are stipulated by a civil liability committee’s earlier resolution for Yingluck to pay Bt35 billion in compensation to the state to cover heavy losses in the rice-pledging scheme, estimated to amount to several hundred billion baht.

Ruenwadee Suwanmongkol, director-general of the Department of Legal Execution, said the agency had already received the Finance Ministry’s list of Yingluck’s bank accounts for seizure.

d7afc10a756fec9e8050edd9473d1a98.jpg

Besides the civil liability lawsuit, Yingluck is also facing a Supreme Court verdict on a criminal charge in which she is accused of negligence in her official duties while implementing the rice-pledging scheme, resulting in corruption and substantial financial losses. The high court’s verdict is due on August 25.

The civil liability lawsuit has a 10-year statute of limitations, so authorities can list more assets owned by Yingluck to be seized, Somchai said.

He declined to disclose the amount of bank deposits in the 12 accounts to be seized by the government.

Based on Yingluck’s declaration of assets after leaving the prime minister’s office, her total assets amounted to more than Bt615 million, most of which were in the form of land and other properties, investments and loans. Bank deposits at the time were worth only Bt24.9 million.

Somchai said the Finance Ministry was waiting for more information about Yingluck’s assets from other agencies before it proceeded with further action.

The civil liability committee’s chairman Manas Chaemweha said Yingluck would be held accountable for causing damage to the state during the 2012-13 and 2013-14 rice production seasons. Total compensation for financial losses has been estimated at Bt178 billion, Yingluck’s share of which as prime minister was 20 per cent, or about Bt35 billion.

The ex-premier has been charged with failing to take sufficient action to prevent corruption and substantial financial losses from the scheme, despite repeated warnings from the National Anti-Corruption Commission.

However, the committee said Yingluck could not be held responsible for an additional Bt115-billion compensation for losses during the 2011-12 production season.

Meanwhile, the Public Sector Anti-Corruption Commission (PACC) yesterday reported that it had found irregularities in the rice-pledging scheme after inspecting warehouses in Sukothai province, where 5 per cent of the white rice listed in the previous government’s rice-pledging scheme reportedly turned out to be a mix of inferior rice varieties.

The PACC stated that rice paddy from other provinces had been taken to Sukothai to take advantage of its rice-pledging scheme, including old rice from previous production seasons.

So far, the PACC has identified a total of 990 cases of irregularities in the rice-pledging scheme with Nakorn Sawan having the most cases, followed by Kamphaeng Phet and Sukothai provinces.

Yingluck’s legal team has petitioned with the Administrative Court seeking an injunction in response to the move to confiscate her assets, according to Noppadon Laothong, one of her lawyers.

In April, the Central Administrative Court dismissed Yingluck’s petition for an injunction concerning a pending civil liability action seeking compensation from her. The court ruled that there was no need for a court injunction at that time because no asset seizures had occurred.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30321684

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-07-25

Thailand freezes former PM Yingluck's bank accounts in rice subsidy case

tag-reuters.jpg

FILE PHOTO: Ousted former Thai prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra greets supporters as she arrives at the Supreme Court in Bangkok, Thailand, July 21, 2017. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's justice ministry froze some of former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra's bank accounts, the ministry and her legal team said on Monday, in relation to a $1 billion fine imposed by the ruling junta over her administration's rice-subsidy programme.

She has filed a court petition to revoke the freezing of her bank accounts and to grant an injunction to suspend asset seizures, saying they were unlawful.

Yingluck, whose government was ousted by the junta in a 2014 coup, will deliver a closing statement in a separate criminal case over the rice subsidies next week.

The programme, which helped Yingluck sail to victory in a 2011 election, bought rice from farmers at above-market rates and distorted global prices but proved popular with rural voters.

Finance Ministry permanent secretary Somchai Sujjapongse told reporters on Monday that government committees submitted details of 12 bank accounts which belong to Yingluck to the Legal Execution Department, which then took action.

Yingluck received a formal notice about her frozen accounts from the department on Monday, her legal team said.

Yingluck declined to comment when contacted by Reuters.

Her supporters have accused the courts of bias in frequently ruling against Yingluck and her family members.

The rice scheme was a policy engineered by Yingluck's brother, former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra, who was toppled in a 2006 coup and lives abroad, to avoid a two-year prison sentence from 2008 for graft in a land purchase case.

Thaksin won the hearts of voters in the populous northeast and the north but made enemies among the powerful, military-backed Bangkok elite.

In 2015, a military-appointed legislature banned Yingluck from politics for five years after finding her guilty of mismanaging the rice scheme.

The Supreme Court will give its verdict in the criminal case against Yingluck on Aug. 25.

Yingluck, who says the trial against her is politically motivated, faces up to 10 years in prison if she is found guilty of negligence over her role in the scheme.

(Reporting by Panu Wongcha-um and Panarat Thepgumpanat; Editing by Amy Sawitta Lefevre and Louise Ireland)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-07-25

She was only doing what big bruv told her to do, but if she had half a brain she must have known the mathematical impossibility of the rice pledging scheme, which was just a variation on his original "Vote for me and I will give every village in Thailand 1 Million Baht". 

31 minutes ago, phantomfiddler said:

She was only doing what big bruv told her to do, but if she had half a brain she must have known the mathematical impossibility of the rice pledging scheme, which was just a variation on his original "Vote for me and I will give every village in Thailand 1 Million Baht". 

And in today breaking news by the junta government.......

"Finance seeks cabinet nod for B40bn in handouts".

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The PACC stated that rice paddy from other provinces had been taken to Sukothai to take advantage of its rice-pledging scheme,

i was living in sukhothai during this time and i know for a fact that people around my village bought lesser grades of rice from laos to sell/pledge to the thai govt at the inflated prices

Edited by YetAnother

Sometimes there are calls for corrupt politicians to pay back money they stole while in office - an usually these calls amount to almost nothing.

But here we have a call for a politician to pay compensation for a policy that did not work. Surely a World first!

And they want her to pay back more than a billion dollars. Not even a Shinawatra has that sort of cash to hand . . .

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

she can live with me...

I just bought a French Maids outfit for her.

The only time I was in relatively close proximity I thought I detected a little frisson from YL, although the friend with me said it was more likely a look of terror ( but he is well-known for being unkind). French maid? Yes, Japanese nurse, better.

10 hours ago, Kieranmc said:

I'm looking forward to the trial over the submarines in a few years. 

Can't happen They already have the pope's absolution in hand.   That is util the next government withdrws it.  As they should.  Sauce for the goose. sauce for the gander.

53 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

The only time I was in relatively close proximity I thought I detected a little frisson from YL, although the friend with me said it was more likely a look of terror ( but he is well-known for being unkind). French maid? Yes, Japanese nurse, better.

How would she look in Japanese student long striped socks?   Oh!  Silly! Right!  But I do fancy the idea of the black & white French maid outfit with a very short skirt..........  Sorry lost concentration there.  Where were we?

1 hour ago, humqdpf said:

Sometimes there are calls for corrupt politicians to pay back money they stole while in office - an usually these calls amount to almost nothing.

But here we have a call for a politician to pay compensation for a policy that did not work. Surely a World first!

And they want her to pay back more than a billion dollars. Not even a Shinawatra has that sort of cash to hand . . .

Not at all a world first.  It was a carefully contrived plan to enrich a lot of important peopl\e at the expence of the local taxpayer.  That sort of thing would not be a first in Thailand or anywhere.  The amount of money "lost" in the successful execution of the plan is eye watering, I will give you that, but that only makes it worse.   She was the chairperson.  She never attended meetings and her minsters were arranging  to enrich further local mates (and presumably themselves) by creating fake G to G sales on rice that never left the country .  And then she perscuted anyone who tried to blow the whistle.  What would you do?  Give her a few more billion as a golden handshake for a chairman's job well done?

They are not worried about cash to hand.  They would be happy to take assets other than cash.

3 minutes ago, Godang said:

Prayuth needs Yinglucks money to cover for the losses his Tanks Submarines Jet Fighters and his prize project the High spèed train to his home city of Korat.

Possibly (probably) correct but a different toic.  Not really relevant here.  A difference exists beween squandering money on probably ill considered national priorities and comparing it to  the scope and scale of the rice scam .  After all its identified outright theft and with no benefit to the people it was promised  to help.  

Yes, I know that the submarines will probably never or hardly ever leave port, let alone successfully defend the taxpaying citizens of Thailand against an attack by Indonesia or Vietnam.

I wonder why YL had 14,200,000bt   equivalent to about US$400,000 in cash.

You need a mighty big hand bag for that, especially in 1,000bt notes

Not even Bill Gates or George Soros would hold that much in cash

Although Bill & Hillary would as it is harder to trace where it came from.

And a tidy sum in low interest earning bank accounts

Why do you need 12 accounts though ?  

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

She can have a 100 bank accounts, and no one will ever know the rel true how

many she has.. the question is, how much money are in those accounts?

not much probably, only as much as she's willing to lose....

Ying and yang luck with that .