July 28th Kings birthday holiday Can we buy booze?

khaepmu

5 hours ago, khaepmu said:

By all accounts July 28th is an official holiday. If we go out to a restaurant or want to buy some booze in a supermarket, will it be allowed I wonder?

not unless you combine it with some ketamine.

3 hours ago, OJAS said:

Never an issue when this particular public holiday fell on 5th December as I recall. The next "dry" day here by my reckoning will be 5th October (Awk Pansa Day).

It's the new Kings birthday.

I find it amazing when a public holiday is announced, the first question is 'can I buy booze'.  When alcohol is banned for one day (occasionally two) it seems to be a crisis that shouldn't have to be suffered.  Very sad people.

16 hours ago, HHTel said:

I find it amazing when a public holiday is announced, the first question is 'can I buy booze'.  When alcohol is banned for one day (occasionally two) it seems to be a crisis that shouldn't have to be suffered.  Very sad people.

Very sad indeed of YOU being so quick to point your presumptuous, rude, meddling and judgemental finger. 

Actually we are very happy people whom enjoy their legal libations and expect to be able to purchase them whenever/wherever we please...same as anyone expects to be able to buy anything else in free and modern societies. The OP was simply asking a valid question and out comes the 'holier than thou' brigade. :post-4641-1156693976:

Now back to my morning "vice"...:coffee1:

A very fair question, particularly from a Newbie.

The King' birthday is not one of the 5 'no alcohol Buddha days' so there is no reason why alcohol should not be on sale.

However,........ this is Thailand and on the late King's birthday many places did not sell out of respect. The main cities/towns are likely to be allowed to sell, check your local area.

On 7/25/2017 at 4:34 PM, HHTel said:

Maybe if you took time to look around you it is not always about drinking.....

I have a bar that plays in several pool leagues a week. This is a fun evening participated by both Thais & Expats.

We ask the question every time, as sometimes, not only are alcohol sales banned, the Bar is not allowed to open. Therefore, match schedules need to be changed. we also have Darts Leagues, Snooker, etc. 

It affects many different aspects of life here, something that you appear not to have.

I play in 3 pool leagues and 1 darts league for the same bar.  Have done for a few years now.  

'Dry' days have never been a problem.  The match is rearranged and everyone gets on with it.  I can't remember anyone making a noise about it.  It's accepted.  It's not as if these 'holidays' are a surprise.  They are fixed and known in advance.

It's sad the ex alcohs need to post on ever alcohol thread. In reality it is just shows they are mostly just trying to convince themselves that piping hot herbal tea is a great substitute

Reformed alcoholics are a weird bunch and best suited to bonding with the AA crowd