MS Paint

JoePai

Not sure who this Jonathan Fairfield is but he needs to check his facts - when writing in Thai Visa.

Quote : Microsoft Paint is 'here to stay' after reports of its demise greatly exaggerated 

Been running Win 10 Home edition for over a year, didn't hear about Paint 3D until yesterday when these stories started circulating.  Clicked on it to check it out, it comes up, doesn't take input, then crashes.  tried a few times, looked at the logs, Exception code: 0xc000027b.  From what I read this is some sort of anomaly with graphics, some people get the same fault when trying to play solitaire (which doesn't happen on my system).  Tried reset, then reinstall, same-same.  After about an hour so much for that, maybe it'll work on the next Creator's update.

Mostly use Irfanview as a viewer for many years, for graphics work Gimp.  Paint still good for the quick and simple stuff.  No Paint icon on my Win 10 start menu, have to open a cmd and type

mspaint

17 hours ago, bendejo said:

Been running Win 10 Home edition for over a year, didn't hear about Paint 3D until yesterday when these stories started circulating.  Clicked on it to check it out, it comes up, doesn't take input, then crashes.  tried a few times, looked at the logs, Exception code: 0xc000027b.  From what I read this is some sort of anomaly with graphics, some people get the same fault when trying to play solitaire (which doesn't happen on my system).  Tried reset, then reinstall, same-same.  After about an hour so much for that, maybe it'll work on the next Creator's update.

Mostly use Irfanview as a viewer for many years, for graphics work Gimp.  Paint still good for the quick and simple stuff.  No Paint icon on my Win 10 start menu, have to open a cmd and type

mspaint

When it loads have you tried right click pin to start menu?

13 hours ago, petermik said:

When it loads have you tried right click pin to start menu?

Well well, when I click on the entry in the program list (the alphabetical list on the left) I get the crash mentioned above.  So I tried the "pin to start" and clicked the new icon, and there it is!  Thanks for the tip.  I'll keep it in mind for other bundled MS apps.