webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Johpa said:

Firearms are low margin items. So normal wholesale might be around $550. A thousand plus units would probable get at least another 10% off so ball park around $500 cost, probably well below that price for 150,000 units, closer to $400. Other sources indicate that the pistols will be sold to Thai police at 18,000 baht, or about $540, a nice profit margin (26%) for someone.

What were these other sources of information as  we paid around B30,000 to purchase one supposedly at the time 3 years ago

Edited by tracker1

6 hours ago, tracker1 said:

What were these other sources of information as  we paid around B30,000 to purchase one supposedly at the time 3 years ago

Don't want to get mods upset by linking to other Thai media sources, so just Google.  There are multiple articles quoting a Pol Gen Somyot back in 2015. My Google search turned up an article in the Chiang Rai times, but also turned up the identical article elsewhere.  I used the costs quoted by a previous poster relative to US retail costs as I have not attended a SHOT show in years.  Your B30,000 was at the high end of that range and may have included Thai taxes.  I used the lower end of that range to estimate normal wholesale costs in the US (based upon a 15% margin) and extrapolated from there.

9 hours ago, Johpa said:

Don't want to get mods upset by linking to other Thai media sources, so just Google.  There are multiple articles quoting a Pol Gen Somyot back in 2015. My Google search turned up an article in the Chiang Rai times, but also turned up the identical article elsewhere.  I used the costs quoted by a previous poster relative to US retail costs as I have not attended a SHOT show in years.  Your B30,000 was at the high end of that range and may have included Thai taxes.  I used the lower end of that range to estimate normal wholesale costs in the US (based upon a 15% margin) and extrapolated from there.

You are spot on either way cheaper or not someone made a bloody good profit sitting on all that money for all that time and our money was paid to the police here for a purchase about 3 years ago and were still waiting for the goods along with the other 44,999 at the time unless like us we asked for the money back! And as for the tax they were not exempt what a Government !

Edited by tracker1