Ford’s Ranger pickup hits record sales

1 minute ago, Ace of Pop said:

They have never given us descent clear tints as incentive's, just black gungy stuff. Insurance is the best one.They do give you about 1.5k allowance to upgrade to clear, but its cheaper to have it done by a big 3m dealer, or the brand you prefer.Go on Trans give us a Song.:partytime2:

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When a dealer cries that he cannot give you a free bug deflector, that tells me that he really doesn't want to sell you a vehicle. Of course insurance is a major item. As far as license plate holders, they should pay me for advertising for them. Why would anyone consider that a freebie. I happen to like bed liners and have never owned a pickup without one. Floor mats, I have a pile of them from vehicles that I no longer have and they always seem to throw in a free set. Other than a bed liner and free insurance, I like a big discount. I also don't like their add on interest. If I can't get 0 percent interest, I pay cash.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Who paid for the freebies...Well you did, of course taken from the outlets profits but you paid for them..

To me ones research and decision on a ride should have no effect on that decision because of freebies.....Long term happiness far out-ways a few tit-bits....But we are all different I suppose, taken in by a carrot....That is the salesman's lever, the carrot....  

Sorry for late reply. Just been out to get the Lumps weekly valet.

Its called Logic Or lack of.

Lets put it another way. You go out with me and buy the same new lump . You pay the full asking price, and get a No: plate holder for free. I on the other hand drive 300km round trip and pay the same price.

You end up with new lump and a paper hat. I end up ditto with 70th+ Bt worth of extras. Who has the best deal???

N/B as your post says about who pays well the dealer as it come out of His profit. If you still don't get it, Tip. We both pay the same amount in the first place.

Seems logical to me. 

20 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Sorry for late reply. Just been out to get the Lumps weekly valet.

Its called Logic Or lack of.

Lets put it another way. You go out with me and buy the same new lump . You pay the full asking price, and get a No: plate holder for free. I on the other hand drive 300km round trip and pay the same price.

You end up with new lump and a paper hat. I end up ditto with 70th+ Bt worth of extras. Who has the best deal???

N/B as your post says about who pays well the dealer as it come out of His profit. If you still don't get it, Tip. We both pay the same amount in the first place.

Seems logical to me. 

My point initially was folk buying a ride they went out to buy but didn't because of minimal freebies or the salesman...:stoner:

Had our WT 2.2 since Feb 2013 and the service at Ford Pattaya (from new until now) has always been good (well for us it has, but then we are always polite and are treated by the Ford people Pattaya in the same way, ha-ha).

No complaints about the truck whatsoever, none. 

Clearly the same Ford haters are still here in force on the forum, so all is normal here. 

If I was to buy a new truck tomorrow, it would be a Ford off-course, all the others on the Thai market don't really have any appeal to me. 

Would love one of them US models with V8 & +300HP but that is not a nice thought with all that ice melting everywhere, LOL.

Edited by guzzi850m2

3 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Had our WT 2.2 since Feb 2013 and the service at Ford Pattaya (from new until now) has always been good (well for us it has, but then we are always polite and are treated by the Ford people Pattaya in the same way, ha-ha).

Clearly the same Ford haters are still here in force on the forum, so all is normal here. 

If I was to buy a new truck tomorrow, it would be a Ford off-course, all the others on the Thai market don't really have any appeal to me. 

Would love one of them US models with V8 & +300HP but that is not a nice thought with all that ice melting everywhere, LOL.

Think you'll find that the Toyo men will always have a go at the Ford peeps and vice versa. All I'm sure done with tongue in cheek. One has to have broad shoulders on TV.

Glad your enjoying your lump. 

Of course you would have enjoyed it even more if you had brought a Toyota.

Edited by fredob43

2 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Gotta love it when a couple of inveterate Toyota lovers square off on a Found On Roadside Dead thread.

If you look in your bigger, rear-view mirrors this year, you'll be able to make out the blue oval.

...getting closer.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Gotta love it when a couple of inveterate Toyota lovers square off on a Found On Roadside Dead thread.

If you look in your bigger, rear-view mirrors this year, you'll be able to make out the blue oval.

...getting closer.

Must admit I have seen the blue oval getting closer lately. Normally at traffic lights. They have also passed me several times as well, but only when I'm parked.

On 7/29/2017 at 3:22 AM, DavisH said:

You aren't intending to keep a pickup 20 years are you?...

My Toyota Tacoma was manufactured in 1997.  131,000 km on the odometer.  I've had to replace front brake pads once, copper contacts on the starter solenoid and, just recently, all the fan belts.  Had to replace a couple tail light bulbs.  And the cigarette lighter is shot. 

2 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Never noticed a Ford Thailand "Hater" here, just comments abour poor aftersales etc. Ford Thailand behavior puts hi cliks folks off,not the brand. Just look how rustic and dated the Fortuna is compared to the  Explorer.

After sales varies from dealer to dealer. It shouldn't but it does ! Also, a customers attitude plays a big part in the service they receive. I never had any issues with them in Suratthani but was also happy once the warranty period was over :) 

Nearly 160k on the clock now and never missed a beat...

4 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Never noticed a Ford Thailand "Hater" here, just comments abour poor aftersales etc. Ford Thailand behavior puts hi cliks folks off,not the brand. Just look how rustic and dated the Fortuna is compared to the  Explorer.

Come on then please explain how you can compare a Tuna to an explorer. Lets start with price of Explorer in Thailand. Over to you.

16 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

I am not a Ford hater but I am just being realistic owning one in LOS.

Back home I had many Fords, one had 250,000 miles on the clock, from an era when I could fix it and buy parts whether genuine or pattern locally. You can't do that in LOS.

I bought my first Toyota in LOS because I knew the reliability of their stuff, I was right.

If I was back home now perhaps I would buy a Ford because there there is backup everywhere, spare parts stores, folk who know what they are doing..

11 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Come on then please explain how you can compare a Tuna to an explorer. Lets start with price of Explorer in Thailand. Over to you.

Titainium 3.2. 1.7 Mill what yer driblin over this time, bout same as you Roofed Revo.:partytime2:

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

Titainium 3.2. 1.7 Mill what yer driblin over this time, bout same as you Roofed Revo.:partytime2:

For all's information there isn't even a release date yet, price or engine size all will be clear some time in 2018.

Another point about the WT is that besides things like insurance, tinting and cheap plastic stick-on cack there are no options to be had really, as it's fully loaded.

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

My Toyota Tacoma was manufactured in 1997.  131,000 km on the odometer.  I've had to replace front brake pads once, copper contacts on the starter solenoid and, just recently, all the fan belts.  Had to replace a couple tail light bulbs.  And the cigarette lighter is shot. 
Which dealer in Thailand did you buy that from?

Seeing as it's a level above the Fortuna and pitched against the Prado in places like Aus and SA, I'll let you work out why it costs marginally more here. Apart from the obvious that it's a much better vehicle of course.

18 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Think you'll find that the Toyo men will always have a go at the Ford peeps and vice versa. All I'm sure done with tongue in cheek. One has to have broad shoulders on TV.

Glad your enjoying your lump. 

Of course you would have enjoyed it even more if you had brought a Toyota.

Noway I will be seen in one:smile:

I am not a Ford man nor a Toyota hater but will always buy what I think is the best (for my budget) at the time I am shopping for a new ride.

Being a brand bitch is one of the must stupid things one can be: Do you really think Toyota or Ford gives a rats ass what I buy? No they don't, they are just very big companies where the main purpose is: Earn money and keep the shareholders happy, which indirectly means, the customers too. 

Lump? Hmm all Thai pick-up trucks are lumps, don't really care if one got 20-30hp more than mine, that is next to nothing when we talk big heavy lumps, 100hp+ then we are talking.

I really want a sedan car, Honda Civic 1.5 or something like that, but all this rain/flooding is a bit concerning. More than once, the WT was on/in heavy flooded roads, but no problem, got us home high and dry.  

17 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Another point about the WT is that besides things like insurance, tinting and cheap plastic stick-on cack there are no options to be had really, as it's fully loaded.

Put a sports lid and dash cam on a revo and its as well equipped as a wildtrack and it still costs less than the WT

Plus you get the benefit of excellent service, reliability and good trade in value 

20 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

Agreed, provided you buy the top of the range with the top speck. There are 10 specks you can get on the WT. From very low with bugger all, to fully loaded. With the top of the range being well over 1.2mil. One thinks it's entitled to be good at that price.