• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

...or he stopped for a piss.

...or he was looking for food.

...or he was unfamiliar with the road.

...or he was sick of the sight of the ugly butt-end of your Spivo.

Anyhow, the Ranger p/u does look nice and I reckon the 2018 rehash will be stunning if they don't go too overboard and make the face too square and F-150'ish.

...or bulbous. MINIMIGLIA don't like bulbous.

Recent reading indicates that there will be two streams of 2018 Ranger development with one exclusive to the newly re-entered North America market and the second one for existing markets like Australia, UK and of course us who can't keep up with Sport Mode Spivo's in LOS.

For your information Sports Mode on Spivo only tightens the torque converter. Stops the engine revving to much when it's under load, nothing to do with how fast it goes. Toyota suggest it's used on mountain sections. Normal or Eco mode elsewhere.

If you know that road there is nothing to stop at for a pee or food wise till you get to the top. Some 20+km. Beside that he went backwards in my mirror within the first few KM.

I'll stick to my statement the 2.2 Ford engine is underpowered. 3.2 different kettle of fish.

55 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

For your information Sports Mode on Spivo only tightens the torque converter. Stops the engine revving to much when it's under load, nothing to do with how fast it goes. Toyota suggest it's used on mountain sections. Normal or Eco mode elsewhere.

If you know that road there is nothing to stop at for a pee or food wise till you get to the top. Some 20+km. Beside that he went backwards in my mirror within the first few KM.

I'll stick to my statement the 2.2 Ford engine is underpowered. 3.2 different kettle of fish.

Alright already... so you know better where the locals can or can't take a roadside slash. That's real Thainess for you.

Your engine in your 'lump' is bigger... probably trumps the 2.2 on torque and all sorts of thrusty stuff regardless of having the fanny tightener turned on.

So what were you trying to compare again? Bit like your earlier, quite laughable theory on why there's no Everest's on local rental car fleets.

PS. How can you tell a 2.2 from a 3.2 in the rear view mirror?

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Alright already... so you know better where the locals can or can't take a roadside slash. That's real Thainess for you.

Your engine in your 'lump' is bigger... probably trumps the 2.2 on torque and all sorts of thrusty stuff regardless of having the fanny tightener turned on.

So what were you trying to compare again? Bit like your earlier, quite laughable theory on why there's no Everest's on local rental car fleets.

PS. How can you tell a 2.2 from a 3.2 in the rear view mirror?

There are signs on the road that tell you how far food wise you have to go likewise a pee one would assume.

How do I know that it was a 2.2 well it's on the back of the front wing it's say either 2.2 6 something or 3.2 6. I did point out that it was in front of me at times and level at the lights.

Re none on fleets they used to offer the Mitsu before but not anymore. Still don't offer the Everest. Make a few calls.

My first post was in reply to T/A one that his daughter in-law had just obtained a 2.2. All I pointed out is that I thought they were underpowered. Giving my reasons.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Well yes...For me it makes the interior seem bigger, more relaxed, but as I said we are all different with our thoughts...My fun ride was black interior which was great for the purpose it was built for...:smile:

My vigo has a black interior, much more practicle for working vehicle

2 hours ago, fredob43 said:

There are signs on the road that tell you how far food wise you have to go likewise a pee one would assume.

The Thai's need signs? When ya gotta go, ya gotta go.

How do I know that it was a 2.2 well it's on the back of the front wing it's say either 2.2 6 something or 3.2 6. I did point out that it was in front of me at times and level at the lights.

First mention of the fact that it may have been in front of you or even passed you (but we had worked that out already). Thanks for the clarification though.

Re none on fleets they used to offer the Mitsu before but not anymore. Still don't offer the Everest. Make a few calls.

You are right, there are no Everests on any Thai rental company fleets. We agreed on that on the other thread. Just disagreed with your reasoning that it was because they were rubbish. But maybe the Mitsubishi's are?

My first post was in reply to T/A one that his daughter in-law had just obtained a 2.2. All I pointed out is that I thought they were underpowered. Giving my reasons.

I had a 2.2 Ranger for 60,000 km. that got thrashed up and down the Mitrapharp. Never once was it ever underpowered, even with load of fish tanks in the back. Plenty poke and dead quiet too.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

Doesn't the 2.2 Ranger have more horsepower than 3.0 Vigo or 2.8 Revo? As with most new engines they are getting smaller but pack a bigger punch.

Think you will find the advertised numbers are very similar but the grunt (usable torque) is available at lower rpm on the Toyota's and stays there over a longer rpm range..

When I was a young man, I was a GM fan. I'll repeat what my Dad used to say (RIP). "My Ford may rattle first but it will rattle longer". I enjoyed teasing him about his Ford rattletrap.  

All this talk about Ford versus Toyota? Are you aware the Isuzu is the best selling pickup in Thailand? Why do you suppose that is?
Presumably they've not driven the Ford?

Sent from my R2D2 droid using my C3P0 manservant

18 hours ago, fredob43 said:

Or perhaps he is happy with the size of his dick and was just enjoying a pleasant drive in his sweet ride :)

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

Doesn't the 2.2 Ranger have more horsepower than 3.0 Vigo or 2.8 Revo? As with most new engines they are getting smaller but pack a bigger punch.

Ford 2.2 158 BHP 385NM.

Ford 3.2 197 BHP 470 NM.

Toyo 2.8 177BHP 450NM.

There now you have it power wise.

17 hours ago, fredob43 said:

The 2.2 Ford has similar numbers to your ride, just torque available at different rpm's. The very low first gear ratio multi geared boxes now bridge the gap for engines of smaller displacement.

PS. Not my daughter in law, our lads bird...:stoner:

When I was dealing on the Toyota, the dealer had a 4X4 on the lot. I was somewhat put off by the tablet glued in the middle of the dash. It just looked like an afterthought. I was also concerned with the diff lock.  That's really old school. After the salesman wrote up the deal, I thought the price was pretty good until I discovered that it wasn't the truck I was looking at. I took the salesman back out on the lot and told him that the 4X4 was the one I was interested in and NOT the one he had quoted. No apology or explanation, he just got out his book and added the 4X4 option, no discount and no goodies. I got up and told my wife that we were leaving. We went directly up the road and ordered the exact Isuzu that I wanted. Two and a half weeks later I had my new truck.

1 hour ago, Gary A said:

When I was dealing on the Toyota, the dealer had a 4X4 on the lot. I was somewhat put off by the tablet glued in the middle of the dash. It just looked like an afterthought. I was also concerned with the diff lock.  That's really old school. After the salesman wrote up the deal, I thought the price was pretty good until I discovered that it wasn't the truck I was looking at. I took the salesman back out on the lot and told him that the 4X4 was the one I was interested in and NOT the one he had quoted. No apology or explanation, he just got out his book and added the 4X4 option, no discount and no goodies. I got up and told my wife that we were leaving. We went directly up the road and ordered the exact Isuzu that I wanted. Two and a half weeks later I had my new truck.

Have to agree with you the dash on the Revo dose seem like it has had bit's put on as an afterthought.

Bad design for a Toyota. Suggest finger out for them.

Don't know what garage you used, but big discounts are available on all models. You have to bend an arm or two.

Enjoy your new lump.

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Have to agree with you the dash on the Revo dose seem like it has had bit's put on as an afterthought.

Bad design for a Toyota. Suggest finger out for them.

Don't know what garage you used, but big discounts are available on all models. You have to bend an arm or two.

Enjoy your new lump.

My lump is no longer new. It is a 2015. If a salesman wants to sell a vehicle, he should be trying to help the buyer rather than simply looking in his book for retail prices. That Toyota dealer was in Loei as was the Isuzu dealer. I'm a believer in buying locally hoping that the dealer service will be better if you bought the vehicle from them.

2 minutes ago, Gary A said:

My lump is no longer new. It is a 2015. If a salesman wants to sell a vehicle, he should be trying to help the buyer rather than simply looking in his book for retail prices. That Toyota dealer was in Loei as was the Isuzu dealer. I'm a believer in buying locally hoping that the dealer service will be better if you bought the vehicle from them.

Like you I also try and buy locally. Not always the best bet. When I wanted my last Spivo the local garage only offered plastic over mats and No: plate holders. That's it Full stop No free insurance Bugger all.

Went out of district and received all the extras available including insurance. Did have to change Plates later but a minor problem against the freebees. Shop around is the best bet.

2 hours ago, transam said:

Not interested in low priced freebies, what l want is more important in my long run...

So if you buy a new lump you don't mind paying extra for insurance Tax tints ++++. You must be loaded. Everyone to his own.

10 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

So if you buy a new lump you don't mind paying extra for insurance Tax tints ++++. You must be loaded. Everyone to his own.

Well yes,facepalm.gif.484041677ec3762ccf225d7222187fcf.gif if it is the ride I WANT....I am not loaded but what I want is what I want, NOT a free plate holder and Pepsi for a year.........

17 minutes ago, transam said:

Well yes,facepalm.gif.484041677ec3762ccf225d7222187fcf.gif if it is the ride I WANT....I am not loaded but what I want is what I want, NOT a free plate holder and Pepsi for a year.........

If you read my post fully sometimes. You would see that I was offered free No: plate holder and plastic mats. At local garage.

What I received at different garage was Insurance 20th, tax 7th? tints, rear camera a must have, not standard on old tuna, Sat Nav: 20th+ also not included standard + a few other bits, like electric pressure Temp: gauge, not needed but handy all the same.  Didn't add all the things to first post.  Total well over 70th of extras.  And there not worth having for free??? Off and rocker springs to mind.

N/B didn't get any free cokes might ask next time thanks for the tip.

Edited by fredob43

3 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

If you read my post fully sometimes. You would see that I was offered free No: plate holder and plastic mats. At local garage.

What I received at different garage was Insurance 20th, tax 7th? tints, rear camera a must have, not standard on old tuna, Sat Nav: 20th+ also not included standard + a few other bits, like electric pressure Temp: gauge, not needed but handy all the same.  Didn't add all the things to first post.  Total well over 70th of extras.  And there not worth having for free??? Off and rocker springs to mind.

N/B didn't get any free cokes might ask next time thanks for the tip.

And you thought they were free.....Hmmmm...Who paid for them....?

Just now, transam said:

And you thought they were free.....Hmmmm...Who paid for them....?

Easy to work out not Me.

You seem very happy to pay full price (You don't get bugger all discount or any cash off here) if you buy a new lump. The only thing you'll get will be freebees. Like I did on new lump Insurance for 1 at 29th Take all you can get. Or pay the full price and add the extras on via your pocket. Sorry but utter madness.

2 minutes ago, fredob43 said:

Easy to work out not Me.

You seem very happy to pay full price (You don't get bugger all discount or any cash off here) if you buy a new lump. The only thing you'll get will be freebees. Like I did on new lump Insurance for 1 at 29th Take all you can get. Or pay the full price and add the extras on via your pocket. Sorry but utter madness.

Who paid for the freebies...Well you did, of course taken from the outlets profits but you paid for them..

To me ones research and decision on a ride should have no effect on that decision because of freebies.....Long term happiness far out-ways a few tit-bits....But we are all different I suppose, taken in by a carrot....That is the salesman's lever, the carrot....  

They have never given us descent clear tints as incentive's, just black gungy stuff. Insurance is the best one.They do give you about 1.5k allowance to upgrade to clear, but its cheaper to have it done by a big 3m dealer, or the brand you prefer.Go on Trans give us a Song.:partytime2: