Oishi staff member agrees to drop charges as dad forks out 10,000 baht for toilet video son

webfact

Oishi staff member agrees to drop charges as dad forks out 10,000 baht for toilet video son

11am.jpg

Picture: TNews

PATTAYA: -- A father handed over 10,000 baht to an employee at Oishi Buffet in South Pattaya after his son was caught videoing her on the toilet.

The 31 year old employee said that she was followed into the toilet area on Tuesday by the youth who had been eating I he restaurant with friends but he thought nothing of it.

However, she was freaked out when a phone was pushed under the cubicle door as she did her business.

Using her own phone she called a friend in the restaurant who managed to make a citizen's arrest of the 17 year old.

Police soon arrived at the Avenue Shopping Centre on Pattaya Sai 2 and took the youth - named only as "A" - into custody at the police station. He was wearing a Navy t-shirt and admitted to doing Ror-dor

military training.

His father was called and when the Oishi staff member agreed not to press charges so long as the boy was warned, dad handed over 10,000 baht as a gesture of apology.

Tnews named the staff member but Thaivisa is withholding this information to protect her identity.

Ror-Dor is a military training program often carried out at schools to exempt participants from full military service, notes Thaivisa.

Source: TNews

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-07-27

3 hours ago, webfact said:

who managed to make a citizen's arrest of the 17 year old.

that exists here ? seems to expect knowledge and respect of the law; neither of which exists in great supply here; if the citizen is wrong, might there be an 'illegal citizens arrest' ?

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

A good start in life, to be shown how money can be utilised in the country. 

Yeah, for today's bash let's pretend there are no out-of-court settlements in every country. Saves taxpayer money and avoids more docket crowding. Win win. 

On 7/27/2017 at 8:25 AM, JSixpack said:

Yeah, for today's bash let's pretend there are no out-of-court settlements in every country. Saves taxpayer money and avoids more docket crowding. Win win. 

Great point. The kid <deleted> up. Daddy paid. Hope Pappy makes him go get a job and pay him him back. 

That's what I would do.

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

And let's pretend that other countries don't have lists of registered sex-offenders.

2 hours ago, JSixpack said:

Right..lol..Under your theory if only rich people committed crimes we wouldn't need jails at all

4 hours ago, JSixpack said:

...maybe why the Court Lists are very short here..you don't see too many adjournments and most serious matters are dealt with rapidly...i rest my case!

Ah the kid messed up. In this day and age if we had video and cell phones when we were young we would probably do the same. Use to have pool class period every morning in high school. In the pool and the tradition was you didn't wear clothes. Try that now days. Anyway us skinny kids would stand around the edge of the pool waiting for instructions from the gym teacher. With our little willys

the girls at the other end of the pool where peaking under their door watching and tee heeING .

Never bothered anyone or me.

Funny now that you think about it.

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

Ah the kid messed up. In this day and age if we had video and cell phones when we were young we would probably do the same. Use to have pool class period every morning in high school. In the pool and the tradition was you didn't wear clothes. Try that now days. Anyway us skinny kids would stand around the edge of the pool waiting for instructions from the gym teacher. With our little willys

the girls at the other end of the pool where peaking under their door watching and tee heeING .

Never bothered anyone or me.

Funny now that you think about it.

hope little Willy grew up and kept out of bother

8 hours ago, andersonat said:

And let's pretend that other countries don't have lists of registered sex-offenders.

And pretend that in other countries this particular minor offense would automatically mean one is placed on a list of registered sex offenders. Whee!

7 hours ago, Deez said:

Right..lol..Under your theory if only rich people committed crimes we wouldn't need jails at all

Nonsense. Often a settlement is reached with an insurance company on behalf of the relatively impecunious. In this case settlement was reached for only B10,000, so that doesn't support your assertion at all.

14 hours ago, webfact said:

His father was called and when the Oishi staff member agreed not to press charges so long as the boy was warned, dad handed over 10,000 baht as a gesture of apology.

so the father paid and the boy was 'warned'; nothing there suggests ANY change in the boy's future behavior

1 hour ago, oldgent said:

just read an article from Ellie uk some kind of magazine i think states that taking

an upskirt picture or video is Legal in England/Wales

Legal within the privacy of you're own domain with a consenting partner maybe .. Try it in a public place without permission and you will almost certainly get banged up for it as a Hull business man who tried to take a sneaky snap up a schoolgirls skirt found out earlier this month .. He got 12 mths suspended for 2 yrs with the judge telling him that only his previous good character that prevented him from being jailed immediately .. 

4 hours ago, oldgent said:

just read an article from Ellie uk some kind of magazine i think states that taking

an upskirt picture or video is Legal in England/Wales

In addition to having a different legal system, I guess that the main reason Scotland is not included in the srticle is to preclude the possibility of the picture taker making a horrible mistake and confusing a kilt with a skirt.:shock1:

6 hours ago, YetAnother said:

so the father paid and the boy was 'warned'; nothing there suggests ANY change in the boy's future behavior

Nor is there any suggestion that it won't, except yours.

The form the warning will take isn't stated. But I think the only guarantee to satisfy TVF bloodlust would be the death penalty or life imprisonment. That what you need?

On 2017-7-27 at 5:21 AM, oldgent said:

what,s he going to grow like dirty little bugger 

May I suggest a "dirty big bugger?" 

Why is the available evidence not used in a criminal prosecution regardless of the complainent removing her case? 

The evidence is there as indeed is the little worm and HiSo daddy. 

8 hours ago, rosst said:

Why is the available evidence not used in a criminal prosecution regardless of the complainent removing her case?

You an expert in Thai law?

The system here allows for police discretion. You'll be happy to take advantage of it yourself rather than go to court. Asian tradition is to work things out between the parties if possible. Police do take a service fee and probably did here. User fees keep taxes lower.

The evidence is there as indeed is the little worm and HiSo daddy. 

How did you know the daddy is HiSo, or is that just the usual silly TVF Poster KNOWing. The money here is peanuts.

On 7/27/2017 at 6:11 PM, JSixpack said:

Nonsense. Often a settlement is reached with an insurance company on behalf of the relatively impecunious. In this case settlement was reached for only B10,000, so that doesn't support your assertion at all.

You made my point. Your argument is money(whatever amount) can buy yourself or anyone out of bad behavior .  Would you want your kids to think this?

13 hours ago, Deez said:

You made my point. Your argument is money(whatever amount) can buy yourself or anyone out of bad behavior .  Would you want your kids to think this?

I didn't make your point and that wasn't my argument. Your kids will think that if you teach them wrongly. In fact a settlement may not involve money at all. Here part of the settlement was the requirement for a warning. If settlement (whatever compensation) isn't agreed then the parties go to court. 

Edited by JSixpack

On 7/30/2017 at 8:49 AM, JSixpack said:

I didn't make your point and that wasn't my argument. Your kids will think that if you teach them wrongly. In fact a settlement may not involve money at all. Here part of the settlement was the requirement for a warning. If settlement (whatever compensation) isn't agreed then the parties go to court. 

So Daddy comes to the rescue and a sexual predator continues to walk free to prey on someone else daughter.  What could possibly go wrong?