Keep the Chinese away from us say Jomtien condo owners

webfact

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Justgrazing said:

" said they didn't sign up for this and demanded that the Chinese be booted out "

I'm intrigued as to who exactly might the butt kickers be and when is this mass kicking likely to take place .. :shock1:

The building JPM and management are responsible for policing any unauthorised use of the building, following instructions from the elected building committee.

Normally management would get security to do it.

35 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Its like Asian immigrants in Europe moaning about Asians from their native land visiting for a Holiday.?

No, it's an entirely different issue.

28 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Why , it says Thai Owners , not just Ferang.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

If you want to go back that far let's talk about Neandertals complaining about their home being overrun by the Homo Sapiens 

When ever i book a hotel I make sure that I read the reviews about it. Quite often you will see comments like "this hotel is full of rude and noisy Chinese guests" or "Chinese guests put feet on chairs and are disgusting". It seems to me nobody wants to be near these people. This problem with the condo is similar, nobody signed up for that.

11 hours ago, Familyaffairs said:

As one well conversant with condominium law, they have no right to do this and should be made to remove the door. A condominium and its common areas are the exclusive common property of all condo owners.

VT 8 in Jomtien, has a similar problem.

The lower floors are let out to short stay Chinese tourists .

View Talay provides dining facilities and a hotel style reception.

Residents are not best pleased.

I am forever asking if there is any government agency enforcing condo laws and bylaws. I don't think one exists, which renders the Thai condominium act ineffective. What I've noticed though, is if you can get yourself voted as Juristic manager you can then call the shots , legal or not.

22 hours ago, champers said:

Different strokes. Stirring up racial hatred won't go anywhere near to helping the situation. Hawking and public defacation are not confined to the Chinese. I have seen it in Pattaya (though rarely) from locals and more frequently up country. Chinese regard blowing ones nose contents into a tissue or handkerchief as quite diagusting. They are here to stay and the younger ones with plenty of money are more assimilated. I have always found younger Chinese to be well educated, polite and pleasant. Don't let a tiny minority colour your view of them all.

Unfortunatly the tiny minority are the well educated polite ones that seem to come to Pattaya ,the vast majority are the ones who now have a bit of cash ,but still behave like complete uneducated boars ,loud and ignorant ,and thats not being racist ,its just telling it the way it is without having to worry that i will be prosecuted by the PC police 

11 hours ago, stud858 said:

I am forever asking if there is any government agency enforcing condo laws and bylaws. I don't think one exists, which renders the Thai condominium act ineffective. What I've noticed though, is if you can get yourself voted as Juristic manager you can then call the shots , legal or not.

The Condo Act falls under the Land Office. If you have a complaint against your development you can file such at the local Land Office. If that doesn't work, like many grievances, a lawsuit can be filed.  

Your right, a JP Mgr has the legal authority to act for the development, left unchecked they be a real problem. 

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

The Condo Act falls under the Land Office. If you have a complaint against your development you can file such at the local Land Office. If that doesn't work, like many grievances, a lawsuit can be filed.  

Land office was not concerned of a chairman refusing to hold votes for new committee as per Act. You would think they would hit him with fines. Coowners had to hold emergency meeting. Anyway a bit off Topic. Back to discussing Chinese tourists everyone.

Wonder how most of the 'residences' hotels in Pattaya operate? do they have separate juristic person between the hotel part and the condo part? in case where there are separate building that is probably clear cut, but many operate within same building with shared facilities, the hotel operator would hold a decent chunk of the votes in the juristic person meetings 

Went to a breakfast Buffett at a hotel during a layover. Industrial city north of Hong Kong. 

The chinese were rude, shoved their way around, and just made a mess. Hotel staff had to linger around to make sure they did not go ape at the self serve buffet.

i was happy to get out of there and continue my flight. If you ever go to china go high society as much as possible. Not a great place for the budget minded.

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, digbeth said:

Wonder how most of the 'residences' hotels in Pattaya operate? do they have separate juristic person between the hotel part and the condo part? in case where there are separate building that is probably clear cut, but many operate within same building with shared facilities, the hotel operator would hold a decent chunk of the votes in the juristic person meetings 

Some time ago, I read about a new law being promulgated- that would prevent any condominiums being leased out for less than a month.

The article indicated that Hoteliers in Bangkok, had lobbied the T.A.T for a change in condominium regulations..

40 minutes ago, maimeephom said:

Some time ago, I read about a new law being promulgated- that would prevent any condominiums being leased out for less than a month.

The article indicated that Hoteliers in Bangkok, had lobbied the T.A.T for a change in condominium regulations..

I'm not aware of any new law. The existing Hotel Act prohibits the short-term letting of condos but it is rarely if ever applied.

Are you sure that term rentals is actually at issue here?

Ii is actually about access to the beach through the condominium common area from the hotel behind.

The clue is in the picture of the access gate.

Edited by tolsti

3 hours ago, tolsti said:

Are you sure that term rentals is actually at issue here?

Ii is actually about access to the beach through the condominium common area from the hotel behind.

This is true. But that isnt of much interest to anyone in any other building and so the discussion has spread a little.

On ‎31‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:20 PM, KittenKong said:

I'm not aware of any new law. The existing Hotel Act prohibits the short-term letting of condos but it is rarely if ever applied.

You are quite right. It is the Hotel Law -2004 that applies.

It would seem that the authorities in Phuket, have warned  all condo projects that they will now  enforce this law.

This was published in the Phuket News-2016

The notice, issued to all 234 registered condo projects in Phuket – hence affecting all 26,071 legally registered condo units on the island – was signed and issued by by Phuket Land Office Acting Chief Wisith Chokchai on June 9.

The notice read:

To managers/developers of condominiums,

“Today, there is a lot of news about condominium developers/owners renting out rooms or buildings that they have ownership of to foreigners or tourists on a daily basis (daily rental) rate that generate income as if they were a hotel (under the Hotel Act 2004).

“This type of operation is causes a public nuisance for renters in the same complex and creates unsafe places for tourists, which may lead to loss of life and property. It is inacceptable to operate an illegal hotel. The penalty for this is up to one year in jail or a fine of up to B20,000, or both.”

Read more at http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-condo-owners-warned-holiday-rentals-less-than-30-days-risks-fines-jail-time-58095.php#dTzZHpxdLSkJxcvi.99

10 hours ago, maimeephom said:

It would seem that the authorities in Phuket, have warned  all condo projects that they will now  enforce this law.

This was published in the Phuket News-2016

One year on and I wonder if anyone has been fined or jailed?

There is another article on that site that explains about the tax liabilities also:

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-law-is-your-house-or-condo-an-illegal-hotel-57225.php

On 7/27/2017 at 8:52 PM, golfho said:

Thats what you get when you do business with the israeli

Tulip Group and the owner Kobi.  Same crap at Centara Avenue

in central Pattaya.

Ahh look someone with an agenda. Too cowardly to come right out and  offer an ethnic slur?

What exactly is the relationship  between the Centara managed facility and the Reflection Condominium? Wasn't  Major Development Public Company behind the Reflection project and isn't this a Thai family owned and controlled company? (Poolvoralaks family). When were they taken over  by an Israeli company? And it is absolutely impossible that a foreign firm, let alone an Israeli company  can "own" a large condominium complex. The law does not allow for it. 

Centara branded  facilities are managed and operated by Centara. That is part of the  branding agreement. The Reflection condominium may have contracted or entered into an agreement with a third party, but that is not anything close to what you describe. Please come back and provide some more slurs. That will make it your magical 5th post won't it?(So nice you showed up just to share this nugget of info too.)

In the USA, the Chinese are always so quiet and respectful that you would hardly notice them.  Sadly, The Asian Chinese have never been exposed to the rest of the world so they will have to learn the hard way.  I remember the Ugly American and I do hope we learned.  The Chinese will too!

It's just my opinion, please don't get mad!:smile: